what is a better drawing tablet between the Huion H640p and the wacom intuos s with bluetooth

Go to solution Solved by Kisai,
39 minutes ago, Sleeping_Otaku said:

i live in South Africa and the Huion H640p and the Wacom intuos s with bluetooth are the drawing tablets that are in my price range theyre nearly the same price here

The Huion tablets have batteryless pens and are essentially identical in function to Wacom tablets. Build quality leaves a bit to be desired however. People have destroyed the stylus by simply dropping it on the floor.

The big issue with Wacom tablets is that the driver quality is abysmal, which isn't to say the chinese brands aren't. You can't operate two graphics tablets on the same PC, you have to uninstall the drivers for one to use the other. On Mac's the situation is a bit worse as Wacom's drivers will spontaneously stop working and have to be reinstalled. I would strongly suggest avoiding bluetooth models of any tablet for the primary reason of losing the bluetooth pairing makes it so much more frustrating.

i live in South Africa and the Huion H640p and the Wacom intuos s with bluetooth are the drawing tablets that are in my price range theyre nearly the same price here

The Intuos S, while low end, is still a lot better. Wacom products are the defacto standard for graphic design.

how long is the general lifespan of the wacom cos alot of the websites in south africa either have the most expensive one or the basic stuff but both of the tablets that i had mentioned earlier are both over 120 US dollars

the huion 420 is just over 60 dollars here

3 hours ago, 5x5 said:

The Intuos S, while low end, is still a lot better. Wacom products are the defacto standard for graphic design.

there is also a 60 dollar differance between the s model and the medium one they both have bluetooth  so i might choose that one then

crap sorry i meant 120 dollar differance

does the 4k and the 8k pressure sensitivity make much of a difference

Edited by TVwazhere
Merged Multiple Replies

My experience with tablets is extremely limited, a sample size of one model across a few different individual units. It was a Wacom Intuos3. A graphic design course that I was taking at school was still using them, they were old even at the time. All of them still performed rock solid, showing very minor signs of accuracy loss on a few of the units.

If that's of any value to you, make of it what you will.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

3 minutes ago, Semper said:

My experience with tablets is extremely limited, a sample size of one model across a few different individual units. It was a Wacom Intuos3. A graphic design course that I was taking at school was still using them, they were old even at the time. All of them still performed rock solid, showing very minor signs of accuracy loss on a few of the units.

If that's of any value to you, make of it what you will.

thanks for that ill make use of that information if the build quality will let me use it for at least a couple of years then i guess ill choose the wacom then 

39 minutes ago, Sleeping_Otaku said:

The Huion tablets have batteryless pens and are essentially identical in function to Wacom tablets. Build quality leaves a bit to be desired however. People have destroyed the stylus by simply dropping it on the floor.

The big issue with Wacom tablets is that the driver quality is abysmal, which isn't to say the chinese brands aren't. You can't operate two graphics tablets on the same PC, you have to uninstall the drivers for one to use the other. On Mac's the situation is a bit worse as Wacom's drivers will spontaneously stop working and have to be reinstalled. I would strongly suggest avoiding bluetooth models of any tablet for the primary reason of losing the bluetooth pairing makes it so much more frustrating.

Wacom tablets last a good while in my experience. Usually I see people come and buy a new tablet 8-12 years after buying their original model.

Usually they will need a new model because they just want the new features, because the driver support is less than optimal after these years or because they lost their pen. Usually not because it 'just breaks'.

I don't have experience with the 'other brands', but Wacom devices have served me well over the years, including their drivers.

The main disadvantage - as @Kisai points out - is that you can't have multiple Wacom devices on one computer. But I don't share their experience of the driver stop working (I am on Windows however).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/