Opinion on the ATH-M50X?

AustinTheIntern

I really want a pair, especially the blue ones

Here is my scenario:

I usually carry around my Backbeat GO 2s around when I'm outside. At home I used speakers 80% of the time and probably 10-20% of the time I use my Razer Megalodons. I also have a pair of Razer Orcas that my brother is using right now. Should I still buy one...? Or would it be a waste of money. I would appreciate opinions about the headset and what I should do. Thanks!

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

I really want a pair, especially the blue ones

Here is my scenario:

I usually carry around my Backbeat GO 2s around when I'm outside. At home I used speakers 80% of the time and probably 10-20% of the time I use my Razer Megalodons. I also have a pair of Razer Orcas that my brother is using right now. Should I still buy one...? Or would it be a waste of money. I would appreciate opinions about the headset and what I should do. Thanks!

I would get different headphones for that price. However having 3 different types of removable cables is very rare at that price point and quite a big deal. It's great to have different cables because the thing that breaks most often or fastest in any headphones is pretty much always the cable, and this means easy replacement. 

The sound is good I guess, most people enjoy v shaped sound signatures and the m50x has them. I would say the price premium over the m50 is worth it not just because of the removable cables but also the better more comfy earpads and headbands, not to mention the new color scheme that you like (BTW it's a limited edition color, so pick up the blue ones quick! They won't be available next year or maybe even sooner!)

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

If you're getting a good deal out of it why not. a lot of people liked it. I have seen it in stores though might aswell try it out next time.

a lot of people were saying it's good.

Live your life like a dream.

I would get different headphones for that price. However having 3 different types of removable cables is very rare at that price point and quite a big deal. It's great to have different cables because the thing that breaks most often or fastest in any headphones is pretty much always the cable, and this means easy replacement. 

The sound is good I guess, most people enjoy v shaped sound signatures and the m50x has them. I would say the price premium over the m50 is worth it not just because of the removable cables but also the better more comfy earpads and headbands, not to mention the new color scheme that you like (BTW it's a limited edition color, so pick up the blue ones quick! They won't be available next year or maybe even sooner!)

If you're getting a good deal out of it why not. a lot of people liked it. I have seen it in stores though might aswell try it out next time.

a lot of people were saying it's good.

But is 190 a price worth paying for? (Blue limited edition ones) 

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

I wouldn't pay extra just for a "limited edition" color. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

it's all about your opinion whether the color is worth an extra 20 bucks over the standard black m50x. 

I definitely think the m50x price will drop anyway, as it always does with all audio technica headphones. Expect them to sell for 160 or lower quite soon.

Otherwise if you can't wait to get new headphones, I would VERY highly recommend these at 106$:

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Aurvana-Headset-Drivers-In-Line/dp/B00FC2R7ZW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1393486263&sr=8-2&keywords=aurvana+live+2

Creative aurvanas are actually really highly praised headphones in the "audiophile" world, and this is the new second gen that was just released recently. They're smaller, comfier, look better, and most importantly sound a tad bit better. For 100$ I really don't think you can get much better as far as great looking closed headphones that you wouldn't feel ashamed of using outside and that don't sound like poo.

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

I'm not sure but I like limited edition stuff ^_^ and normally I'd splash money over it too.

so ask your self it it's worth it?

no = no go

yes = buy and regret later.

Live your life like a dream.

Owning a pair, I can say. No, its not worth it, would say its $110 at best. 

Owning a pair, I can say. No, its not worth it, would say its $110 at best. 

Ok thanks.

The joys of partnerships.....

huh?

Audio Technica partnership, I get free headphones. 

Can i haz

Can i haz

We have M50's and M50x's, which are aready claimed, and the AD700x is the last up for sale sooner or later. 

We have M50's and M50x's, which are aready claimed, and the AD700x is the last up for sale sooner or later. 

How are those?

How are those?

The AD700's? No bass response, to airy, great sound stage, but sucks for music.