How to connect to ethernet if router is in another room?

Flyingchickennugget27

Hello, i built my pc and want to connect it to the internet via ethernet but the wifi router is in another room, what can i do in this case

3 minutes ago, Flyingchickennugget27 said:

Hello, i built my pc and want to connect it to the internet via ethernet but the wifi router is in another room, what can i do in this case

Run a cable to that room

Or if that really is that unpractical, you could look into powerline adapters, but those would be non-preffered.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

If you want Ethernet, run a cable.

You can explore Powerline if you can't do that easily but I don't recommend it.

10 minutes ago, minibois said:

Run a cable to that room

Or if that really is that unpractical, you could look into powerline adapters, but those would be non-preffered.

How do i do that if the ethernet cable cant reach that room

Just now, Flyingchickennugget27 said:

How do i do that if the ethernet cable cant reach that room

Then a powerline kit would really be the only option.

But usually I personally prefer trying to run an ethernet cable, like along the wall/ceiling edge for example.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Buy a 50ft cable and run it under your house, pretty simple, get a remodel electrical box, and a wall plate, boom ethernet

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

There is a 200$ solution, it's a product named "devolo magic" and it makes all power cables, Ethernet. I don't know it's they do it g globally or there are other brands

If you are not able to be present in the room physically for some reason or the other, the best solution for your issue would be using an ethernet cable, as suggested by most of us here.

As far as I am concerned, I don’t think the connectivity range or network strength will have any issue, but try to stick with a shorter ethernet cable, as that should eliminate connectivity disruptions. I have kids at home and I don’t like the thought of putting cables lying around, so if you have such issue, it is better to stay away from that thought.