AMD HD8000 and HD8000m have officially been released,availability in late January !

Colonel Mustard

Hopefully this time around they'll actually manage to release the dual-GPU card. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, I remember them giving the 7990 a code name and everything, but it never releasing it themselves.

They did however release a dual GPU board in November that was based on 2 Tahiti GPUs, the firepro s10000 which means they have actually finally finished the design,

Which makes something like an 8990 very likely .

You are welcome by the way ^_^ .

Let's see what happens - at least AMD is good with the graphics side of things. Still waiting what they will bring with steamroller - hoping for good performance per core, and good performance in games.

Good, been waiting for news on these a while now. Time to start saving for a 8970 :)

Let's see what happens - at least AMD is good with the graphics side of things. Still waiting what they will bring with steamroller - hoping for good performance per core, and good performance in games.
Good performance per core possibly, better than intel ? will not happen, at least not in-games.

The whole idea of the AMD architecture as it stands right now is to provide great heavily threaded performance while sacrificing single threaded performance.

This architectural philosophy will continue until a new architecture comes in 2016 after the release of excavator, by then I doubt we'll see any CPUs probably just APUs.

But APUs are pretty good anyway.

[h=2]AMD is alive and well ! (8000 series GPUs released, Kvaeri in 2013)[/h]

A massive bulk of news have just been released by AMD.

Let me break it down for you.

HD 8000 series for the desktop and mobile medium,have been officially revealed, expect availability in late January.

http://ir.amd.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=74093&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1772054&highlight=

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/oem-solutions/Pages/desktop.aspx#2

AMD Kaveri/Steamroller , to be released in Q3 of this year NOT 2014, the rumored delays have been completely refuted.

Lisa Su talking about Kaveri: "20-40 percent more performance with A8 and A10 processors" Via AMD's official twitter account.

New AMD APU Roadmap, revealing Kaveri is on schedule :

20zwutv.jpg

Fresh from CES , AMD has just announced the release of the HD 8000 and HD 8000M series of graphics cards, expect availability in late January !

http://www.amd.com/us/press-releases/Pages/amd-radeon-hd-8000m-2013jan07.aspx

AMD Kaveri "next gen APU" is right on schedule for release this year along with Steamroller ! the rumors about the delays turned out to be completely false.

Catch more of the news here : http://www.amd.com/us/aboutamd/newsroom/Pages/amdlive.aspx

Will defiantly be upgrading my 6970 :D

Case: Corsair 400r

CPU: AMD Phenom ii x6 1055T 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 (2013 edition)

GPU: Saphire Toxic 6950 (OC'd to 6970)

GPU Cooler: Accelero Twin Turbo II

so wait a sec. they did a press conference.. but didnt mention 8000 series gfx cards? yet here in this article they launch 8k series?? wtf

so wait a sec. they did a press conference.. but didnt mention 8000 series gfx cards? yet here in this article they launch 8k series?? wtf

well least its one up over nvidia xD

Now we wait for Nvidia... Then the fan wars begin.

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Wow...great stuff, can't wait to see how they perform!

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

Fresh from CES , AMD has just announced the release of the HD 8000 and HD 8000M series of graphics cards, expect availability in late January !

AMD Kaveri "next gen APU" is right on schedule for release this year along with Steamroller ! the rumors about the delays turned out to be completely false.

Catch more of the news here : http://www.amd.com/us/aboutamd/newsroom/Pages/amdlive.aspx

Specs on desktop 8000 series as posted by Prettyfinej over at the other thread

They actually didn't talk at all about the desktop platform in the keynote presentation, which was disappointing, but at least we have some information online

I just wanted to see them in action, and get some real life performance results

Also, no mention of about the new FX series? Alright, whatever

Also, if you read the article in the first link posted, it only talks about the cards being shipped to OEM's of desktop PC's, basically prebuilts. Nothing about buying them individually like most PC builders do, which is REALLY disappointing.

Seems like they really dropped the ball at the presentation

CES has been a facepalm in general as well

It does state late January availability though.

Referencing my post above

A link within the original article to a page talking about the desktop 8000 series confirms that the current cards are only for OEM's

MAJORLY bummed

And these only include what appears to be 8570 and 8670

What the hell AMD

Someone definitely did merge the topics

Still stands though that there's no news of 8000 series cards for all of us, only for OEM's of prebuilt machines

We still have to wait.....

Someone definitely did merge the topics

Still stands though that there's no news of 8000 series cards for all of us, only for OEM's of prebuilt machines

We still have to wait.....

They said late January, that isn't far away by an stretch of the imagination.

And you can actually go to the spec sheet of the 8970,8950 and 8870 to check the core clocks and detailed specs.

The 8970 is clocked @ 1050 Mhz & the 8950 clocked @ 925 Mhz which are similar to the hd 7970 Ghz edition and the 7950 boost ,

Yeah I am waiting for Nvidia.

Yeah I am waiting for Nvidia.

I have a GTX 460 that is serving me well right now so I think I might skip this coming generation of Nvidia

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Well this is great news for me! Although if they actually only have the cards in desktop PC's this will anger me......a lot. I also think that doing this will be a VERY bad decision for AMD. There's no reason for them to not release them individually but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Even if they do come out at the end of this month, I'll stick to my trusty XFX 7950 BE when I build a new rig this month... :S

ConsTR(4)uct:

• CPU
    Threadripper 1900X @ 4.0GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus PRIME X399-A
  • RAM
    32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite @ 3466MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming-X 11G
  • Case
    SilverStone Fortress FT02
  • Storage
    1TB Samsung 960 EVO + 500GB WD Blue SSD + 2x 4TB WD Red (RAID1) + 3TB HGST Deskstar NAS
  • PSU
    Corsair AX760i
  • Display(s)
    2x Acer Predator XB271HK
  • Cooling
    BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro TR4
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G710+
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502
  • Sound
    Propellerhead Balance + Bose Companion II + AKG K7XX