AMD HD8000 and HD8000m have officially been released,availability in late January !

Colonel Mustard
Well this is great news for me! Although if they actually only have the cards in desktop PC's this will anger me......a lot. I also think that doing this will be a VERY bad decision for AMD. There's no reason for them to not release them individually but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
No, they will totally release them to board partners and for us PC builders, but who knows when, they're not talking about it

They will totally do it though, they can't afford not to

Dammit, here i was hoping to get away without upgrading my 7970's until April. Need to sell them soon i guess.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

The only problem I have with this 8000 series is the fact that all the specs are exactly the same as the 7000 series. It is really looking like these are just OEM re-brands like we see all the time. In other words, the old products are given new names without actually improving anything. Take a look at this:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6570/amds-annual-gpu-rebadge-radeon-hd-8000-series-for-oems

Dammit, here i was hoping to get away without upgrading my 7970's until April. Need to sell them soon i guess.
Tell me you're not serious....

Seems like we'll only get the REAL 8xxx cards later in the year. These cards are just renamed 7xxx cards for OEMs, so that all the poor suckers who don't know anything about PCs and just buy HPs or Alienwares see 'Radeon HD 8670' and say "Ooh! That's a big number, it must be good." and buy the computer...

ConsTR(4)uct:

• CPU
    Threadripper 1900X @ 4.0GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus PRIME X399-A
  • RAM
    32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite @ 3466MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming-X 11G
  • Case
    SilverStone Fortress FT02
  • Storage
    1TB Samsung 960 EVO + 500GB WD Blue SSD + 2x 4TB WD Red (RAID1) + 3TB HGST Deskstar NAS
  • PSU
    Corsair AX760i
  • Display(s)
    2x Acer Predator XB271HK
  • Cooling
    BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro TR4
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G710+
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502
  • Sound
    Propellerhead Balance + Bose Companion II + AKG K7XX
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

Seems like we'll only get the REAL 8xxx cards later in the year. These cards are just renamed 7xxx cards for OEMs' date=' so that all the poor suckers who don't know anything about PCs and just buy HPs or Alienwares see 'Radeon HD 8670' and say "Ooh! That's a big number, it must be good." and buy the computer...[/quote']

"The more expensive the computer is, the better it is. That's why I buy Alienware and Apple."

-Literally most of the people at my school who seem to think that they know about computers, as well as many other people

AMD-024.jpg

This roadmap shows Solar System / Sea Islands (the one we should care about) in very ambiguous details

No information at all, thanks AMD!

Sea Islands makes me think of Orange Islands......

Gotta catch em all! xD

Obviously not. These are OEM parts so they will only be available if you buy a complete system. Sarcasm doesn't convey well in text form :/

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

hmm in term of specs it seems almost the same as the 7xxx series both low power both on 28nm.

time will learn us i guess.

I'm excited for this, as it will drive down the prices of 7970 prices so i can finish my Watercooling build, Even if it's OEM and a name change release, it will still reduce prices of "less" knowledgeable stores.

Still hoping the genuine 8000 series get released soon.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

HDMI 1.4b supported, yay for 1080p60 3D on TV's.

Spoiler

CPU: INTEL Core i7-3820 @ stock (w/ stock cooler with light mod) Motherboard: MSI X79A-GD45 (8D) RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 1866MHz CL9

GPU: ASUS HD7970-DC2T-3GD5 Power Supply: Corsair TX850M SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (good batch) HDD: Toshiba 3.5" 2TB 7.2K + WD 2.5" 1TB 

Case: CORSAIR 400R Carbide Series Cooling: Aqua Computer Aquaero 5 LT + 5x Gelid Wing 14 UV Blue, 2x Gelid Wing 12 UV Blue, DEMCiflex filter kit 

Monitor: 24" BenQ BL2410PT Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (w/ browns) Joystick: Sony Dualshock4

Audio: FiiO E17 Alpen + AKG K702 / Etymotic Research HF5 / Yamaha HS5

The 8950 looks like something I will swap out my 7950 for.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

The desktop 8000 series cards are just re branded 7000 series cards. The new range of AMD cards will likely be called the 9000 series.

The desktop 8000 series cards are just re branded 7000 series cards. The new range of AMD cards will likely be called the 9000 series.
Or they may create a new branding. The 8000 series was probably created because OEMs wanted something "new" to sell as the 7000 series has been out for a while.

Looks like upcoming great productions! If they perform well, I'm about buying it!

Am I missing something, or are these essentially the same card?...

It's basically confirmed they've rebranded 7000 series cards and are selling them to OEM's so they can claim they have 8000 series cards when really they're exactly the same

We won't see real 8000 cards for probably a month

That's what I was talking about above. The cards are exactly the same, they are just given new names as OEM parts. The re-branding includes cards from the 7000 series and even includes a few cards from generations ago. Which is why AMD didn't make a big deal about them. These won't replace the current 7000 series of cards.