usb soundcard question

Dylan lol

so im using siberia v2 and i compared my onboard to a shit 2 dollar usb soundcard: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0027EMHM6/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Why is the sound quality on the usb soundcard worse? i mean its not THAT bad but i do notice that it sounds a bit worse and its @ 16bit 48khz. the only thing better on it is the volume goes way higher. is it the output impedance or something that makes it bad?

there is a lot more to sound quality than the impedance and just pure numbers. 

but i have to say that 16bit i kind of low. 

anyway it s much more about the quaity of the components used in the conversion of the digital signal to a analogue sound signal.

i would recommend a ASUS Xonar U3 if you need a USB sound card/DAC

there is a lot more to sound quality than the impedance and just pure numbers. 

but i have to say that 16bit i kind of low. 

anyway it s much more about the quaity of the components used in the conversion of the digital signal to a analogue sound signal.

i would recommend a ASUS Xonar U3 if you need a USB sound card/DAC

16 isn't low, its what most everything runs off. 

Component quality is meaning less. 

U3 isn't really any good. 

What did you honestly expect for a 2$ product? 

It's free shipping, so it's more like a 1$ product. 

got it like 2 years ago, that wasnt the question though. why does it sound worse than onboard? is it output impedance or what since u say soundcards have high output impedance, what about usb soundcards?

got it like 2 years ago, that wasnt the question though. why does it sound worse than onboard? is it output impedance or what since u say soundcards have high output impedance, what about usb soundcards?

Its just a poorly designed product, so its going to sound bad. Regardless of interface. 

Its just a poorly designed product, so its going to sound bad. Regardless of interface. 

so what about other usb soundcards? do usb soundcards have high output impedance like soundcards inside the pc?

so what about other usb soundcards? do usb soundcards have high output impedance like soundcards inside the pc?

Depends on how they designed the device, it has nothing to do with USB or any other interface it uses.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Depends on how they designed the device, it has nothing to do with USB or any other interface it uses.

doubt it, apparently most soundcards that go inside the pc are around 10 ohms while onboard is like 2. no1 has said what usb soundcards are

doubt it, apparently most soundcards that go inside the pc are around 10 ohms while onboard is like 2. no1 has said what usb soundcards are

LOL

Is not because they are inside the PC that they are 10 Ohms...  is because of the design they have used and not changed for years.

LOL

Is not because they are inside the PC that they are 10 Ohms...  is because of the design they have used and not changed for years.

No shit kid. Most soundcards in the pc are 10 ohms. I want to know how many ohms usb soundcards are.

are you kidding me?

No, learn your stuff. 

No shit kid. Most soundcards in the pc are 10 ohms. I want to know how many ohms usb soundcards are.

There are internal cards that are above 10. They are external solutions that can range from 37ohm, to .3ohm. Its dependent on the circuit design not the interface. You could have an internal soundcard with a .1ohm output impedance, or one with a 40ohm output. 

There is no specification that says a USB sound card (or cards with any other kind of interface for that matter) has to have 10, or 100, or 0.1 ohms,  it entirely depends on how the Amplification circuit was designed.

You seem to think that all USB cards have a set value, they do not.   Every card is different.  Many have similar values because they have been recycling the same designs over and over.

No, learn your stuff. 

There are internal cards that are above 10. They are external solutions that can range from 37ohm, to .3ohm. Its dependent on the circuit design not the interface. You could have an internal soundcard with a .1ohm output impedance, or one with a 40ohm output. 

what some internal soundcards are .3 ohms? u guys say all internal soundcards are bad because they're around 10 ohms like essence stx. so which internal cards are .3 - 2 ohms?

what some internal soundcards are .3 ohms? u guys say all internal soundcards are bad because they're around 10 ohms like essence stx. so which internal cards are .3 - 2 ohms?

Onboard. 

I heard Steve Jobs designed one in the notebook he left Tim Cook before he died in the margins as a joke.

In reality, I've never heard of an internal soundcard with those sorts of specs.  There's no theoretical reason it can't exist, it just doesn't.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

I heard Steve Jobs designed one in the notebook he left Tim Cook before he died in the margins as a joke.

In reality, I've never heard of an internal soundcard with those sorts of specs.  There's no theoretical reason it can't exist, it just doesn't.

I was just using the numbers of the sources around me. 

so im using siberia v2 and i compared my onboard to a shit 2 dollar usb soundcard: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0027EMHM6/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Why is the sound quality on the usb soundcard worse? i mean its not THAT bad but i do notice that it sounds a bit worse and its @ 16bit 48khz. the only thing better on it is the volume goes way higher. is it the output impedance or something that makes it bad?

It's  7.1 with the c-media interface, just install razor surround and you won't notice the difference :P :lol:

Seriously, the reason that is bad is because they have made serious compromises on quality to keep the size small and the price down.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.