Recently bought aga, can i change the psu and cables?

HummusCake

As in the title i bought a Alienware graphics amplifier with a gtx 1070, Since it uses a silver power supply and ketchup/mustard cables, Am i able to change these or are they just dell specific?

Pc value: 9999999$. Alienware 15 r2: 16GB Ram ddr3, Intel Core i-7 4110HQ @ 3.5ghz, gtx 970m, 1 TB HDD *for games*, 120GB SSD *for windows*.

fastest boot time, 6.5 seconds

My crystal ball is malfunctioning, can you provide a photo of PSU label and 24-pin motherboard connector (from both sides so we can see colors of the wires) ?

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

8 minutes ago, Juular said:

My crystal ball is malfunctioning, can you provide a photo of PSU label and 24-pin motherboard connector (from both sides so we can see colors of the wires) ?

Oh i havent received it yet, its coming tomorrow and i was gonna see if i can order parts to replace the psu/cables. since there is only 1 model of this can i just get a picture from google?

Pc value: 9999999$. Alienware 15 r2: 16GB Ram ddr3, Intel Core i-7 4110HQ @ 3.5ghz, gtx 970m, 1 TB HDD *for games*, 120GB SSD *for windows*.

Ah, i see, i thought it's a PC but it's essentially just an external GPU, should be compatible with any GPU which fits in the enclosure as far as i'm concerned.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Just now, Juular said:

Ah, i see, i thought it's a PC but it's essentially just an external GPU, should be compatible with any GPU which fits in the enclosure as far as i'm concerned.

Yeah, and its coming with a gtx 1070 which is nice.

19 minutes ago, linusfanboi_skrub1 said:

Yeah, and its coming with a gtx 1070 which is nice.

If you can, would you update the thread with your experience with the external GPU, i have a Alienware 15 r3, and i would like to get one when the next generation of GPUs from Nvidia launch, the feedback would be much appreciated

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

Just now, Tamesh16 said:

If you can, would you update the thread with your experience with the external GPU, i have a Alienware 15 r3, and i would like to get one when the next generation of GPUs from Nvidia launch, the feedback would be much appreciated

Will do mate, I have an Alienware 15 r2 and finally decided to get an amplifier

6 minutes ago, linusfanboi_skrub1 said:

As in the title i bought a Alienware graphics amplifier with a gtx 1070, Since it uses a silver power supply and ketchup/mustard cables, Am i able to change these or are they just dell specific?

The external power cable can be swapped ( don’t know about internal wiring maybe it’s some proprietary cable layout)

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

5 hours ago, linusfanboi_skrub1 said:

Here is what it looks like:

image.png.512fc21b8b9d24731733ec6562217f8e.png

The PSU is a Dell 0C3CMT or equivalent

image.png.7bcd60dc361975b25c7c9e0a8881c0f4.png

It looks like it is standard ATX12V as others have replaced the PSU. There is quite a bit of information out there relative to this activity.