Should I buy a new computer now or wait?

Budget (including currency): SEK 7000

Hi, I plan to buy a new computer this summer and do not know if I should buy now or wait for any new parts to be released. What do you think? Why / Why not? What parts should I wait for? I have put together the following list:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/kqwnBZ

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3300X 3.8 GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€136.89 @ Mindfactory) 
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€79.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (€67.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Kingston A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€35.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB OC Video Card  (€329.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300A Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case  (€54.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €704.58
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-06 11:01 CEST+0200

This is a very good build, and I would buy it now, the new parts are out in September, 4 months from now. 

Only thing I'd changy about this build is getting an RX 5700 xt instead of an RTX 2060. And maybe get a bigger SSD - 240gb isn't much at all.

Also where is your power supply lol. 

10 minutes ago, Robinxn said:

Budget (including currency): SEK 7000

Hi, I plan to buy a new computer this summer and do not know if I should buy now or wait for any new parts to be released. What do you think? Why / Why not? What parts should I wait for? I have put together the following list:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/kqwnBZ

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3300X 3.8 GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€136.89 @ Mindfactory) 
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€79.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (€67.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Kingston A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€35.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB OC Video Card  (€329.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300A Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case  (€54.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €704.58
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-06 11:01 CEST+0200

Is hardware in Sweden so expensive that you buy it in Germany?

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

This is a very good build, and I would buy it now, the new parts are out in September, 4 months from now. 

Only thing I'd changy about this build is getting an RX 5700 xt instead of an RTX 2060. And maybe get a bigger SSD - 240gb isn't much at all.

Also where is your power supply lol. 

Oh I forgot to write it, I already have a 500W psu and a 1 TB HDD. If I switch to RX 5700 xt I will be out of my budget. Thanks for the help:-)

5 minutes ago, Drama Lama said:

Yes, it is very expensive in Sweden unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Robinxn said:

Yes, it is very expensive in Sweden unfortunately.

Ok I‘m sorry for you 

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

3 minutes ago, Drama Lama said:

Lol what use is the european union if you can't buy a graphics card from Germany.

2 minutes ago, Robinxn said:

Oh I forgot to write it, I already have a 500W psu and a 1 TB HDD. If I switch to RX 5700 xt I will be out of my budget. Thanks for the help:-)

It's only $40 more but it's so much faster. Don't wait 4 months, but at least wait one week till you have that $40 smh

2 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

It's only $40 more but it's so much faster. Don't wait 4 months, but at least wait one week till you have that $40 smh

Okay, don't you think it's worth it to get rtx. I don't want to upgrade in a few years

Right now is not the best time to buy hardware, unless you're really need to have it.

The new stuff is right around the corner.

If you can't wait, at least you wait for the B550 which will be available in a month or two.

With B550 at least you need not worry about compability with 4th gen.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

4 minutes ago, Robinxn said:

Okay, don't you think it's worth it to get rtx. I don't want to upgrade in a few years

Nope... Ray Tracing is kinda stupid and the framerate loss you get with a 2060 makes the game look and feel worse than the fancy lighting. To fully enjoy ray-tracing even at 1080p, you need something like a 2070 super, otherwise the framerate disadvantage is too much.

The 5700 xt competes with the 2070 super for framerates, it's only 6% slower on average. AMD also has way better driver support. The RX 570, for example, was released more than 3 years ago, and was beaten by the 1050 ti for $150. Today, it beats the 1650 super and competes with the 1660

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

The new stuff is right around the corner.

4 months is not 'right around the corner'.  The best leads so far say official announcement at Computex, which is September 28... Don't even know if it'll happen with the coronavirus. And that's an announcement, we know nothing about a release date. 

My guess is sometime in August we'll get Matisse Refresh. 

15 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Lol what use is the european union if you can't buy a graphics card from Germany.

the use is you dont have import tax between the states, so buying from any other union country is viable option depending on shipping cost. plus you get very good consumer protection

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

2 minutes ago, Robinxn said:

@SupaKomputa Ok, i think i'll wait a month anyway, thanks for the help:-)

I would just buy it as soon as you can afford the 5700 xt

1 minute ago, Neftex said:

the use is you dont have import tax between the states, so buying from any other union country is viable option depending on shipping cost. plus you get very good consumer protection

Jesus, I was joking... You didn't get it. That was my point.

Just now, Aereldor said:

4 months is not 'right around the corner'.  The best leads so far say official announcement at Computex, which is September 28... Don't even know if it'll happen with the coronavirus. And that's an announcement, we know nothing about a release date. 

My guess is sometime in August we'll get Matisse Refresh. 

Yeah, matisse refresh should be good. It should be halfway to the 4th gen release.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Just now, SupaKomputa said:

Yeah, matisse refresh should be good. It should be halfway to the 4th gen release.

We probably won't even know shit about the 4000 chips till September, and I don't think Matisse Refresh is worth waiting 2 months for, the 3300x is a new chip, They're not going to undercut it in 2 months with more Ryzen 3 chips. The Matisse Refresh chips we've seen so far are the 3800xt and the 3900xt, not in the same league as OP's buying. 

Bad recommendation.

The reason for the use of the German Amazon is due to Amazon not having a site for Sweden. When you type in Amazon.se then it automatically diverts to the German site and of course they will ship to Sweden.