Notifications on forum

UpTheDons

wasn't sure where to post so sorry if in wrong place. (it doesn't really seem like a bug tbh)

When i get a notification that someones replied to me it pops up immediately and then like 5 mins later i get the "reacted to the topic" notification. does anyone else get this delay or is it just me?

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

1 minute ago, Ed-petit said:

wasn't sure where to post so sorry if in wrong place. (it doesn't really seem like a bug tbh)

When i get a notification that someones replied to me it pops up immediately and then like 5 mins later i get the "reacted to the topic" notification. does anyone else get this delay or is it just me?

Never had that delay, or at least not something I specifically noticed.

But keep in mind the 'user quoted you' and 'user reacted to your post' notices are separate actions from the user, which they could have done not at the same time.

Is it the Samsung thread you're referring to? Because the user quoted you and then 4 minutes later reacted your previous post:

Spoiler

image.png.863bcfd421328321b8dc7026cb0f21ec.png

So maybe it was not a delay and rather just the user doing both  actions at a different time.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 hours ago, minibois said:

Never had that delay, or at least not something I specifically noticed.

But keep in mind the 'user quoted you' and 'user reacted to your post' notices are separate actions from the user, which they could have done not at the same time.

Is it the Samsung thread you're referring to? Because the user quoted you and then 4 minutes later reacted your previous post:

Hide contents

image.png.863bcfd421328321b8dc7026cb0f21ec.png

So maybe it was not a delay and rather just the user doing both  actions at a different time.

no in that case it made sense just on a few posts i have had a delay.probably just my internet tbh. its not a massive problem as i get the quote notification immediately.

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Hey there. Can confirm that there is a slight delay between an action (a member you're following posting something, receiving a reply, receiving a reaction) and the notification. Said delay is perhaps under a minute.

I didn't think it critical to the forum's functionality to warrant a report, but if you do, there's always the Forum Bugs and Issues section. 😉

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

5 minutes ago, Eschew said:

Hey there. Can confirm that there is a slight delay between an action (a member you're following posting something, receiving a reply, receiving a reaction) and the notification. Said delay is perhaps under a minute.

I didn't think it critical to the forum's functionality to warrant a report, but if you do, there's always the Forum Bugs and Issues section. 😉

yeah didnt really think its a problem worth fixing if only a few people get it and its only a minute. people still get the notification i guess.

Notifications will be slightly delayed - depending on the notification there can be a latency before it actually sends, and your browser only polls for new notifications at an interval (which starts at once per minute and gets longer as you leave it for longer), so it's possible for there to be a few minutes of latency before you get the browser notification for it. However,

On 6/4/2020 at 1:05 PM, Ed-petit said:

When i get a notification that someones replied to me it pops up immediately and then like 5 mins later i get the "reacted to the topic" notification

reacting to the topic means someone clicked the like button, which is independent of replying to it - most likely they just didn't react at the same time that they replied.

HTTP/2 203

11 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Notifications will be slightly delayed - depending on the notification there can be a latency before it actually sends, and your browser only polls for new notifications at an interval (which starts at once per minute and gets longer as you leave it for longer), so it's possible for there to be a few minutes of latency before you get the browser notification for it. However,

reacting to the topic means someone clicked the like button, which is independent of replying to it - most likely they just didn't react at the same time that they replied.

ah ok thanks that explains it.