Delay in PS5 Digital Event

Ayush007

Hello guys,

I hope you all are doing  well !!

I hope you all are safe and healthy !!

{ Note- I have to post  this forum again , due to some issue}

As you all know that sony have delay their digital event , which is actually a good step . But still I hope  that sony should  reveal  their next event date soon!!

As we didn't heard a bit about how ps5 looks or how it works , games of ps5& much more.

What you guys think , please feel free to share your opinion, as it's highly valuable 4 me.😀

34 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Hello guys,

I hope you all are doing  well !!

I hope you all are safe and healthy !!

{ Note- I have to post  this forum again , due to some issue}

As you all know that sony have delay their digital event , which is actually a good step . But still I hope  that sony should  reveal  their next event date soon!!

As we didn't heard a bit about how ps5 looks or how it works , games of ps5& much more.

What you guys think , please feel free to share your opinion, as it's highly valuable 4 me.😀

Why is it delayed?

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

All of the social unrest in the US.  I suspect Sony wants to avoid negative feedback if they are celebrating video games when srsbsns is going on.  I actually agree that it might be insensitive to have a rah rah event this week.

9 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Why is it delayed?

Thnx for your response !!

No when they will reveal their next date for event ,  any intuition.??

1 hour ago, Warin said:

All of the social unrest in the US.  I suspect Sony wants to avoid negative feedback if they are celebrating video games when srsbsns is going on.  I actually agree that it might be insensitive to have a rah rah event this week.

Thnx Warin,

For sharing your opinion.

I appreciate it👍👍.

I wish whatever is the reason , things get resolved soon and reveal us the next event date.

2 hours ago, Warin said:

That’s lovely, a bunch of racists rioting in America means the rest of the world can’t enjoy anything. Virtue signalling idiots.

12 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

That’s lovely, a bunch of racists rioting in America means the rest of the world can’t enjoy anything. Virtue signalling idiots.

Thnx lord Vile ,

For sharing your opinion with us ,   I appreciate it 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍Well now look i may be wrong n frequently I'm  And if I'm wrong , I  want to be  put  right. Let's examine the facts. 

I guess sony want that maximum no.  of people should watch it with peace but I guess due to  current situation they don't think it's the ri8 time to publish their  event. Their are lot of people fighting for  justice , I don't think that they will appreciate sony to launch their digital event  at present moment.

11 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Thnx lord Vile ,

For sharing your opinion with us ,   I appreciate it 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍Well now look i may be wrong n frequently I'm  And if I'm wrong , I  want to be  put  right. Let's examine the facts. 

I guess sony want that maximum no.  of people should watch it with peace but I guess due to  current situation they don't think it's the ri8 time to publish their  event. Their are lot of people fighting for  justice , I don't think that they will appreciate sony to launch their digital event  at present moment.

Don't see how they're fighting for justice, the dude was charged with 2nd degree murder after initially getting 3rd. What's there to protest?

16 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Don't see how they're fighting for justice, the dude was charged with 2nd degree murder after initially getting 3rd. What's there to protest?

I may be wrong bro  but according me their is lot of chaos going around the world especially US  , covid19 was enough to create chaos all around the world and now riots  too.

I guess sony is waiting for the perfect moment and will reveal their event date soon enough. I guess 🤔

27 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

I may be wrong bro  but according me their is lot of chaos going around the world especially US  , covid19 was enough to create chaos all around the world and now riots  too.

I guess sony is waiting for the perfect moment and will reveal their event date soon enough. I guess 🤔

It's digital because of the pandemic and it's been pushed back because of the racist idiots rioting.

11 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

It's digital because of the pandemic and it's been pushed back because of the racist idiots rioting.

We can just wait or else we don't have any other option !! 

On 6/4/2020 at 1:50 PM, Lord Vile said:

I'm not going to get political since that is what closed the last thread but just to answer your question, it was a horrible incident that has been dealt with, like you said. The people who are out rioting now aren't really protesting. They are just using the opportunity to get free stuff and push agendas I can't name without this becoming political. 

Just to be clear, there are some legit protesters and by legit I just mean they are exercising their constitutional right to protest in a peaceful way. The motives and demands of them varies. It makes sense for the ones wanting police training reform to still be protesting though. That is definitely something that department needs. I don't think the fact that some better training is in order to be political or really in doubt by anyone on any side of the aisle. I won't address the other motives though because again, politics. 

I'd like to address a bit why Sony is doing this beyond simply saying it is because of the riots but I feel like it would just get political if I was honest about it.

2 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

I'm not going to get political since that is what closed the last thread but just to answer your question, it was a horrible incident that has been dealt with, like you said. The people who are out rioting now aren't really protesting. They are just using the opportunity to get free stuff and push agendas I can't name without this becoming political. 

Just to be clear, there are some legit protesters and by legit I just mean they are exercising their constitutional right to protest in a peaceful way. The motives and demands of them varies. It makes sense for the ones wanting police training reform to still be protesting though. That is definitely something that department needs. I don't think the fact that some better training is in order to be political or really in doubt by anyone on any side of the aisle. I won't address the other motives though because again, politics. 

I'd like to address a bit why Sony is doing this beyond simply saying it is because of the riots but I feel like it would just get political if I was honest about it.

Doesn’t matter what they do, pricks are pricks and they’re in every occupation on the planet. Better training won’t stop them being pricks. 

8 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Doesn’t matter what they do, pricks are pricks and they’re in every occupation on the planet. Better training won’t stop them being pricks. 

Sure, pricks will always be pricks on the inside but proper training and accountability can do a lot to curb their behavior. This situation was really beyond that of being a prick though. Something was wrong with that cop, like mentally or spiritually. He just had such a disregard for human life.

But remember that the other cops were rookies. Some had just started the job. You can hear them in the video questioning the cop pinning Floyd down but he was their superior and so they were obviously apprehensive about intervening. Better training about how to handle situations when a fellow officer crosses the line could have saved Floyd's life. We need to make even rookies aware that in situations such as these, they are permitted, no, required to intervene.

2 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

Sure, pricks will always be pricks on the inside but proper training and accountability can do a lot to curb their behavior. This situation was really beyond that of being a prick though. Something was wrong with that cop, like mentally or spiritually. He just had such a disregard for human life.

But remember that the other cops were rookies. Some had just started the job. You can hear them in the video questioning the cop pinning Floyd down but he was their superior and so they were obviously apprehensive about intervening. Better training about how to handle situations when a fellow officer crosses the line could have saved Floyd's life. We need to make even rookies aware that in situations such as these, they are permitted, no, required to intervene.

Nope he's just a prick who likes power and it went wrong. I'm not happy they bumped it up to murder from manslaughter too because he is very unlikely to get a conviction for murder, manslaughter was an open and shut case. 

Trust me all the training you give someone will not stop rookies from being apprehensive about challenging a superior. Will do when they're a tad more seasoned but not when they're that green.  

Not to veer into the politics behind the stated reason for the delay, this wouldn't be the first time that Sony would change their marketing strategy after(expected) social backlash. In fact, thay appear to have pulled both these ads:

Spoiler

enwrxtdn4pq11.jpg

Spoiler

psvita.0.jpg

(spoilered for image size reasons)

In addition, it doesn't take a marketing genius to determine that going ahead as planned would have seen the PS5 hype drowned out by bigger news stories even before the inevitable "oh look, Sony's being tone-deaf in its marketing again!" stories would pop up. If Sony went ahead and held the event anyway, it could have easily backfired on them. Call it virtue signaling if you must, but this looks more like Sony finally learning to read the room to me.

Much better to wait for a slow news period and dominate the news cycle then.

2 hours ago, EldritchMoose said:

Not to veer into the politics behind the stated reason for the delay, this wouldn't be the first time that Sony would change their marketing strategy after(expected) social backlash. In fact, thay appear to have pulled both these ads:

Reveal hidden contents

enwrxtdn4pq11.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

psvita.0.jpg

(spoilered for image size reasons)

In addition, it doesn't take a marketing genius to determine that going ahead as planned would have seen the PS5 hype drowned out by bigger news stories even before the inevitable "oh look, Sony's being tone-deaf in its marketing again!" stories would pop up. If Sony went ahead and held the event anyway, it could have easily backfired on them. Call it virtue signaling if you must, but this looks more like Sony finally learning to read the room to me.

Much better to wait for a slow news period and dominate the news cycle then.

Lol that first one is hilarious. 

15 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Nope he's just a prick who likes power and it went wrong. I'm not happy they bumped it up to murder from manslaughter too because he is very unlikely to get a conviction for murder, manslaughter was an open and shut case. 

Trust me all the training you give someone will not stop rookies from being apprehensive about challenging a superior. Will do when they're a tad more seasoned but not when they're that green.  

@Kawaii Koneko & @Lord Vile - Thnx for sharing your opinion  , I appreciate it and I agree with your point of view.

Although it's good for us to stop further discussion regarding politics , before it gets too late.

Just stay awesome 😀👍😀👍😀👍