Wraith Prism or Hyper 212 Evo for a ryzen 3900x.

spendog8

Snagged myself the deal of a century and got a 3900x to replace my 2600. £250 new and sealed ooo yeah.

Question is, is the Wraith Prism cooler it comes with better than the cheap hyper 212 evo i have now?

Thanks in advance you sexy people.

Both performance are the same. Get something like NH D15, Dark Rock Pro 4 or 280mm aio.

1 minute ago, spendog8 said:

Snagged myself the deal of a century and got a 3900x to replace my 2600. £250 new and sealed ooo yeah.

Question is, is the Wraith Prism cooler it comes with better than the cheap hyper 212 evo i have now?

Thanks in advance you sexy people.

Hyper 212 is cooler and quieter.

Generally the AMD stock coolers are enought if you dont want to OC.

But try the Stock cooler first and then decide if you want a better one.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

The 212 might perform slightly better, but not too groundbreaking of a difference. If you have it already you might as well use it, unless you're a fan of the whole RGB thang of the Prism cooler.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

The 212 might perform slightly better, but not too groundbreaking of a difference. If you have it already you might as well use it, unless you're a fan of the whole RGB thang of the Prism cooler.

the case i'm using is space contrained and the 212 fits with about 2mm clearance of the side panel and it was only £20 at-least i can flip the wraith and get some cash back.