Help finding a Monitor

Aree Soothsayer

Been searching for over a week. Checking specs and pricing, comparing specs. Most of the monitors I was looking at, 100$ range, had different specs depending on where I looked. Got some extra $ from family and don't want to go through all the migrane inducing search on my own.

My limit is 200$ and while I enjoy gaming I would like actual blacks and whites from my monitor. Not singy white and really dark greys.

1 hour ago, Aree Soothsayer said:

Been searching for over a week. Checking specs and pricing, comparing specs. Most of the monitors I was looking at, 100$ range, had different specs depending on where I looked. Got some extra $ from family and don't want to go through all the migrane inducing search on my own.

My limit is 200$ and while I enjoy gaming I would like actual blacks and whites from my monitor. Not singy white and really dark greys.

Pick one.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#sort=-price&page=1&X=0,20000

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

4 minutes ago, Aree Soothsayer said:

*faceplant*

Part Picker.. I need a new cranial cpu.

You gave zero context to what features you're looking for. Generally, it's good to put forth a little effort and pick a few you're interested in. Then, ask for thoughts/recommendations on those, or suggestions for models with similar features. You just said you want to spend $200 but didn't want to do your own research. I was equally lazy with my response :) 

Screen size?

Resolution?

Refresh rate?

Panel type?

G-sync?

Freesync?

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

1 minute ago, RAS_3885 said:

You gave zero context to what features you're looking for. Generally, it's good to put forth a little effort and pick a few you're interested in. Then, ask for thoughts/recommendations on those, or suggestions for models with similar features. You just said you want to spend $200 but didn't want to do your own research. I was equally lazy with my response :) 

Screen size?

Resolution?

Refresh rate?

Panel type?

G-sync?

Freesync?

I do game alot but I love my eye candy. 

Dunno how I linked to this but I missed out on the Open Box deal, the only one not pickup only, but something like it.

Size doesn't have to be big, I currently use a 22" so around that size is fine for me. Refresh? I've lived with 60hz so keeping with it won't bug me much. Panel? No friggen clue. 1080 would be nice, currently running a 900. I use an Nvidia card so G-sync would probably be best.

High Native Contrast, I'd like 3000:1 native. Gimme muy true black and pearly white.

46 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

Screen size?

Resolution?

Refresh rate?

Panel type?

G-sync?

Freesync?

I found this. What do you think?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-390-series-24-led-curved-fhd-freesync-monitor-high-glossy-black/5044601.p?skuId=5044601

Well I ordered it. Since there was no outcry of "It's a bad monitor." I'll take it as a good sign.