10th gen Intel chips. Should I wait?

Hey should I wait for the 10th gen Intel chips to be available in my region or go for ryzen 3700x for my all rounder build (gaming, workstation purposes) (but more leaning towards gaming😅)

In theory ryzen is still better price to performance option, just because intel thermal boost requires the chip to be chilled so much that you never will see that 5.3ghz.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

If you want to wait, wait for Ryzen 4000. The 10th gen CPUs are more of the same on a new socket. The 10700 is just a rebranded 9900. And you'll still need a beefy board and heavy duty cooling to make the intel CPUs perform well. I know my 8th gen i7 needed a cooler upgrade as the previous one was nowhere near enough.

3 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

If you want to wait, wait for Ryzen 4000. The 10th gen CPUs are more of the same on a new socket. The 10700 is just a rebranded 9900. And you'll still need a beefy board and heavy duty cooling to make the intel CPUs perform well. I know my 8th gen i7 needed a cooler upgrade as the previous one was nowhere near enough.

Hmm.. thx for the info.

Btw do you happen to know about when will ryzen 4000 be out?? Probably silly to ask😅

Just now, NSMROX said:

Hmm.. thx for the info.

Btw do you happen to know about when will ryzen 4000 be out?? Probably silly to ask😅

eta seems to be autumn/fall for the wider release

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

7 minutes ago, NSMROX said:

Hmm.. thx for the info.

Late September is the current projected date

34 minutes ago, NSMROX said:

Hey should I wait for the 10th gen Intel chips to be available in my region or go for ryzen 3700x for my all rounder build (gaming, workstation purposes) (but more leaning towards gaming😅)

i think you should wait for the 10th gen cpus from the team blue

2 minutes ago, CRWND_12 said:

i think you should wait for the 10th gen cpus from the team blue

Just because you said so? :D

1 minute ago, nox_ said:

Just because you said so? :D

because it performs better single core performance than amd ryzens and has a higher core count than its predecessors

28 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

The 10th gen CPUs are more of the same on a new socket. The 10700 is just a rebranded 9900. And you'll still need a beefy board and heavy duty cooling to make the intel CPUs perform well.

33 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

In theory ryzen is still better price to performance option, just because intel thermal boost requires the chip to be chilled so much that you never will see that 5.3ghz.

^

3 minutes ago, CRWND_12 said:

because it performs better single core performance than amd ryzens and has a higher core count than its predecessors

Edited by nox_

3 minutes ago, CRWND_12 said:

10th gen barely qualifies as a refresh. IPC is still notably lower than Zen 2 and clockspeeds require exotic cooling and absurd power/heat so as to match AMD. Yeah, that's not worth it. a 250W i9 on a 360mm AIO barely matches a 150W 3900X on air cooling. Yup, great value.

1 hour ago, NSMROX said:

The i9-10900k will be better performance wise than the Ryzen 3700x. But, you will have to buy another motherboard on top of that (assuming you already have one) supports FCLGA 1200. Depending on what type of motherboard you buy, if you go for the i9-10900k, it'll be around a total of, let's just say $600-$800 bucks. On newegg, it's priced to be at $530. Though, I've come up with the conclusion that the 10900k will be better performance, because I looked at userbenchmark.com to get an idea. But, everybody is saying wait for the Ryzen 4000 line-up. So, just wait.

4 minutes ago, industromaxx said:

The i9-10900k will be better performance wise than the Ryzen 3700x. But, you will have to buy another motherboard on top of that (assuming you already have one) supports FCLGA 1200. Depending on what type of motherboard you buy, if you go for the i9-10900k, it'll be around a total of, let's just say $600-$800 bucks. Though, I've come up with the conclusion that the 10900k will be better performance, because I looked at userbenchmark.com to get an idea. But, everybody is saying wait for the Ryzen 4000 line-up. So, just wait.

Well, a piece of advice. userbenchmark is a known fraudulent website. It's banned on r/intel, r/hardware and r/amd. Nobody trusts the guy who runs the site because he manipulates data, insults and disparages respected reviewers (like Hardware Unboxed) and also shamelessly promotes false data.
https://www.notebookcheck.net/UserBenchmark-gets-banned-from-major-subreddit-due-to-drama-generation.461875.0.html

because I looked at userbenchmark.com to get an idea

Don't do that. Userbenchmark favors intel pretty much always.

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Well, a piece of advice. userbenchmark is a known fraudulent website. It's banned on r/intel, r/hardware and r/amd. Nobody trusts the guy who runs the site because he manipulates data, insults and disparages respected reviewers (like Hardware Unboxed) and also shamelessly promotes false data.
https://www.notebookcheck.net/UserBenchmark-gets-banned-from-major-subreddit-due-to-drama-generation.461875.0.html

I said, "to get an idea."

If you mean the wrong idea then yeah.

1 minute ago, nox_ said:

If you mean the wrong idea then yeah.

I don't obviously take everything on there as 100% accurate, I'd be dumb if I did. But hey, won't make a difference if we continue this. So, let's just leave it at that and continue on with our lives.

9 minutes ago, industromaxx said:

Getting your ideas from a site that claims a 4-core i3 is superior to an 18-core i9 is a shit place to get ideas from ;)

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Getting your ideas from a site that claims a 4-core i3 is superior to an 18-core i9 is a shit place to get ideas from ;)

Like I said, it's pointless to continue this. I already said, let's leave it at that. No need to continue this, I know I already read one of those articles. As I would like to avoid an argument. I know that it's a part of human nature to like being right, but you two already have made your point. 

1 minute ago, industromaxx said:

Like I said, it's pointless to continue this. I already said, let's leave it at that. No need to continue this, I know I already read one of those articles. As I would like to avoid an argument. I know that it's a part of human nature to like being right, but you two already have made your point. 

It's not about being right or wrong on a forum - it's about providing the OP with factual information. Telling him to spend his money based on fake websites is dumb at best and malicious at worst.