It's already time to release 2560x1440 27inch IPS 240Hz

Rakanoth

C'mon man. What are these companies waiting for? We also don't have a true 32-34inch 4k IPS 144 Hz. We have been waiting for that since 2016. I am getting bored.

240Hz is a meme

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

240Hz is a meme

What does this mean?

2 minutes ago, Rakanoth said:

What does this mean?

That it's completely pointless to go above 144Hz. Most monitors that promise more than that can't even actually keep up with it due to latency but nobody notices because nobody can tell the difference.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

That it's completely pointless to go above 144Hz. Most monitors that promise more than that can't even actually keep up with it due to latency but nobody notices because nobody can tell the difference.

That is false. You will notice the difference between 144Hz and 240Hz.

Just now, Rakanoth said:

You can believe that if you want.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

7 minutes ago, kpluck said:

Why do 240Hz vs 60 though, why not something that'd make more sense for people looking at high refresh rate monitors, like 120 or 144Hz?

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Erm. Ok. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

32 minutes ago, kpluck said:

This one only did 60 and 240, watch this one with 60, 144 and 240 and various groups of people.

Point is, 60 to 144 makes a huge difference, 144 to 240 not so much. And high fps on a low Hz monitor is better than fps/Hz parity as well, so if you have a 144Hz monitor but can push out 240fps and want best advantage then do so.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

3 hours ago, Rakanoth said:

Not as much of a difference as going from 60hz to 144hz. I have a 1440p 144hz and have used a 1080p 240hz on my system, there's almost no difference between 1440p 144hz and 1080p 240hz besides 1440p itself being more crisp and clear, with 240hz being slightly smoother but not as much as you'd think(pretty much imperceptible) and only because it's less taxing and can achieve higher frame rates than 1440p, and it definitely wouldn't be worth the arm and the leg they would want to charge for them, especially if you already have a 144hz 1440p monitor. It takes a very capable system to even reach 144fps on 1440p at higher graphical details besides some esports titles where the game engine/optimizations allow for that high of a frame rate. So 1440p 240hz would be pointless for anyone with a rig that is incapable of reaching those frame rates at that resolution and I can tell you right now most are not capable of doing so, unless you drastically lower your visual quality, which if you're playing at a higher resolution to see more detail would defeat the purpose of even having a high resolution monitor in the first place. They'll make 1440p 240hz monitors when computers are good enough to output those frame rates without having to drastically lower your graphical quality and it's a more desired resolution. 60%+ of computer players still use 1080p over 1440p and 4k according to Steam and recent polls. Being in this field for as long as I have, I can tell you it will be at least a couple years until we get mainstream 240hz 1440p monitors. Manufacturers aren't going to manufacture or release a product when barely anyone will purchase it or even be able to use it as intended, it needs to be the right time and this ain't it chief.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

2 hours ago, Sauron said:

You can believe that if you want.

It is not about belief. It is about facts. It is 100% true that you will notice the difference between 144Hz and 240Hz.

44 minutes ago, Rakanoth said:

It is not about belief. It is about facts. It is 100% true that you will notice the difference between 144Hz and 240Hz.

As someone who has had both and compared them, it's not as noticeable as you think. I replied to you earlier and explained why they aren't going to be making them anytime soon. There is a slight difference in smoothness but it's negligible at best and it's mostly a result of the resolution difference between 1440p and 1080p. If you compare a 1080p 144hz vs a 240hz it's imperceptible. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

15 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

As someone who has had both and compared them, it's not as noticeable as you think. 

A highly competitive firt person shooter player will definitely prefer 240hz. Even higher if it exists. The better eye and sense you have, the more noticeable it will be.

24 minutes ago, Rakanoth said:

A highly competitive firt person shooter player will definitely prefer 240hz. Even higher if it exists. The better eye and sense you have, the more noticeable it will be.

I play first person shooters competitively(have done several tournaments over the years), I'm also a computer technician that tests components and hardware daily. In my experience and most others there is no perceptible difference between 144hz and 240hz when compared directly, in some scenarios there is less screen tearing but that's it. I don't come onto the forum to argue with people (especially when they seem to have not tested or experienced what they are trying to argue for themselves), I come on here to help people learn/fix their issues, and I'm just going to stick to that. You have clearly made up your mind on your "facts".

4 hours ago, Rakanoth said:

Right here is the problem with your argument. 

You make a black and white all or nothing claim. 

You said it is “100% true” that you will notice the difference. 

This is blatantly false, and even if it were true, you would have no way of proving it. 

Its 100% true that some people will notice the difference. But sure as hell not all people.

Hell, some people can’t even notice the difference between 60 and 120/144, and that’s a way more obvious difference. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

25 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Right here is the problem with your argument. 

You make a black and white all or nothing claim. 

You said it is “100% true” that you will notice the difference. 

This is blatantly false, and even if it were true, you would have no way of proving it. 

Its 100% true that some people will notice the difference. But sure as hell not all people.

Hell, some people can’t even notice the difference between 60 and 120/144, and that’s a way more obvious difference. 

There is nothing wrong with my argument because everyone can notice the difference between 60Hz and 120Hz, 144Hz and 240Hz. Don't be funny.

1 minute ago, Rakanoth said:

There is nothing wrong with my argument because everyone can notice the difference between 60Hz and 120Hz, 144Hz and 240Hz. Don't be funny.

Prove it. 

You’re making a claim that “everyone” can see the difference between 144 and 240. How do you know this claim to be true? What is your claim based on? What evidence do you have to support said claim?

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Prove it. 

You’re making a claim that “everyone” can see the difference between 144 and 240. How do you know this claim to be true? What is your claim based on? What evidence do you have to support said claim?

Bro I think you need some fresh air. These lockdowns aren't working out well for you. Anyone can notice the smoothness difference between a low refresh rate monitor and a high refresh rate one. 

41 minutes ago, Rakanoth said:

Bro I think you need some fresh air. These lockdowns aren't working out well for you. Anyone can notice the smoothness difference between a low refresh rate monitor and a high refresh rate one. 

Are you now making the claim that 144 Hz is a “low refresh rate” monitor?

Just making sure that we are being clear here. 

57 minutes ago, Rakanoth said:

He's absolutely right though, you made the claim so you need to provide evidence to back it up. 

Your saying anyone can notice the difference between 60hz - 120hz and 144hz - 240hz. 

It's true some people will notice the difference between these refresh rates but not all the people will notice the difference between the refresh rates especially when you go up to 144hz - 240hz. 

Noticeable difference between refresh rates is subjective as well, so although the frame rate is factually higher that doesn't necessarily mean everyone will notice that difference in use. 

The burden of proof is on you for making the claim.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^