HOW CAN WE STOP CHEATERS!?!

diabloinfinnity

so ive just seen this video of these escape from tarkov hacks that arnt even run off your pc or in a VM so they cnt be detected by anti cheat.

is there anything that could be done at all?!?! or are we going to see this spill over into other games, maybe it already has i dont know. 

couldnt you install anticheat onto maybe the home networks router?

hmmm any thoughts?

2 minutes ago, diabloinfinnity said:

Anti-cheat software is already intrusive enough, the last thing we need is them to scan the whole network and decide something is bad. Take a loot at the valorant anti cheat, unless it got fixed recently it is blocking totally benign software like RGB controllers. If you have an anti-cheat program that scans the network and somehow blocks the traffic that it doesn't like, that is just asking for major headaches.

No, you cannot install an anticheat into a router, no there isn't a single fix for cheating in video games. It's been an issue since the beginning of gaming, and it will probably be an issue until the end of gaming. Same as cheating/exploiting any other sport, or game. It's an entire industry on its own.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

2 minutes ago, diabloinfinnity said:

is there anything that could be done at all?!?

Nothing other than a system that CS uses, where other players can rewatch the match after it's over and report suspect players, or using some sort of an AI-system to detect uncharacteristic gameplay.

3 minutes ago, diabloinfinnity said:

No. Even just the number of different kinds of OSes routers run is an issue, but then there's the fact that there's little-endian MIPS and ARM, big-endian MIPS and ARM, x86(-64) and most home-routers are horribly underpowered even as-is, so decrypting the traffic, trying to inspect it and then re-encrypting it on the fly would introduce extra latency and possibly disconnects and so on and so forth...

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

The only way to stop it is to be incredibly invasive and potentially detrimental to performance. Youd have to go through a users system and detect programs that edit or allow access to settings such as aimbot/aimassist/walls etc and auto ban the computer. Making Laws punishable by Fines and Potentially Federal crimes (as Computer hacking with  Malicious intent  and such is already a  federal crime) 

generally you just have to go through a more invasive area of intrusion, which most people wont want.

you cant.

it will ALWAYS be an arms race, with as only victim the people trying to just honestly enjoying a game, having to jump trough endless anti-cheat hoops.

Consumer-grade routers are already quite underpowered, any more load would likely cause serious latency, freezes/disconnects, etc. And how are you going to expect people to install software on their router, most consumer router's don't have space for anything more than their own firmware. And if you are on public internet or mobile internet, that may not even be an option. Plus, router manufacturers are probably not going to want to install anti-cheat systems on their routers. Any and all anti-cheat systems should be handled on the server side, people are going to be able to tamper with it easily if it's on their own system and it adds potential problems plus the inconvenience for the average user. Artificial intelligence based anti-cheat systems that run on the server side would be best at analyzing, detecting, and blocking cheaters. 

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

I guess ironically enough, the best solution is peer review. I play Team Fortress 2 quite a bit and bots constantly try to come in. Generally speaking, they get kicked... pretty quickly, which is more effective than extremely privileged anti-cheat detection that legitimately can fuck your OS.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Probably the fastest way to stop out-of-game cheats is to mandate the game only be playable on a game streaming service. Creative hackers may still find a way though. Also, there are reasons why game streaming services aren't successful.

However, your post is overly broad. For example,

Growing up with the N64, it was the Gameshark that really helped me understand how RAM works and how it interacts with the CPU and what the hex values meant and all kinds of other related things. All this has helped lay the foundation for my current career in IT. Single-player "cheating" with programs or mods or "gameshark" type abilities? Heck yea, I'm all for it. We need folks who in the future can understand how hardware and software works.

Cheating for online games where it affects others? No way man. But you know what, as long as game companies are going to keep locking things down tightly and try to extract maximum dollar for everything, they're going to attract people who try to bend it to their will. My solution? Let them host their own copy of the server and cheat as much as they want. Best example of this might be Minecraft.

Hardware ban would solve the problem but developers are too big of a fucking pussies to do it.

18 minutes ago, centurion_08 said:

Hardware ban would solve the problem but developers are too big of a fucking pussies to do it.

No, it wouldn't. You'd need to be able to identify the cheaters first, before you're able to ban them, so how would hardware-ban help identify the cheaters?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

It can't be done. You can slow them down, but you'll never stop them. I know it makes the experience less than enjoyable, however, just try to take solace in the fact that you know they're a bum in real life. Because you really gotta be a HUGE bum to cheat and still not be atop the respective leaderboards which is the case most of the time.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

Cheater Scum is around since Multtiplayer exist. And they always will be around.

@centurion_08 Hardwareban will not come cause Publishers dont make extra Money when banned People buy a new Key.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO