Is gigabyte customer service any good?

Mitzy
8 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Haven't dealt with Asus customer service, so I can't say. For overall product quality they are on the same line. Both have had their issues in marketing. I choose products based on features/price first and brand second.

Ye I heard Asus customer service isn’t the best but if its solid parts for the pc then I shouldn’t need the customer service at all

27 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Haven't dealt with Asus customer service, so I can't say. For overall product quality they are on the same line. Both have had their issues in marketing. I choose products based on features/price first and brand second.

Ah ok Asus do good quality products which could make up for there trash customer support I suppose because I would never have to go to the support unless a board was defective I guess

20 hours ago, Meowster said:

It is ok but last thursday I spent 4 HOURS on the phone just to hear that I need to buy a new motherboard because my one is apparently outdated

Which ones do you have? Did you explain the issue or did it take them 4 hours to get you to finally clue them in that the mobo was outdated for your needs?  WAy too lack of info here.

my 1080Ti was replaced in a couple weeks by them, had no issues and they were good about explaining the issue.  Perfectly fine CS.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

15 minutes ago, Mitzy said:

Ye I heard Asus customer service isn’t the best but if its solid parts for the pc then I shouldn’t need the customer service at all

Asus are pretty notorious for having shitty customer service. Also, the only motherboard (one, if not the most expensive one I've ever bought), died shortly (less than a month) after the 2 year warranty expired, despite the CPU being overclockable and me never bothering to do so at the time and having decent airflow in my old HAF case. I've had some Gigabyte boards and some EVGA and one super cheap Asrock (the Asrock board is now at least 12 years old, and despite costing close to a 10th of the later Asus board still works just fine as of when my friend retired it late last year). They all still work. However, regarding the Asus board, this is only an example of 1 so YMMV. Gigabyte in the UK have pretty decent customer service from what I've seen on the OCUK forum (they have a pretty awesome rep on there who helps people out a lot).

38 minutes ago, jstudrawa said:

Which ones do you have? Did you explain the issue or did it take them 4 hours to get you to finally clue them in that the mobo was outdated for your needs?  WAy too lack of info here.

my 1080Ti was replaced in a couple weeks by them, had no issues and they were good about explaining the issue.  Perfectly fine CS.

I told them everything that was wrong, I have a GA-990X SLI board, yes it is old but I only use it for very light photo editing. The issue was that the board would shut off after 10 minutes of use, in the end they gave me a solution and told me it was outdated

Make sure to quote me @Meowster  so that I see your reply

I love my job, being a sysadmin. It's very fun 

22 hours ago, Mitzy said:

Is gigabyte customer service any good?

As long as you don’t contact them.

1 hour ago, Mitzy said:

I contacted Asus for a monitor problem.  They helped me fix the problem quickly.

Of the three Gigabyte MBs I’ve purchased, all failed after over a month of purchase.

I use to be in debt collecting and customer service in a call center.... Here's a little pro tip: If you make the rep genuinely laugh you'll get far better service. :)

Recently I was googling all 4 major mobo makers and I found horror stories with all of them. The internet makes it hard to get an accurate picture of anything.

I would say in general customer service is not that great across the industry (or any industry really). I don't think you should base any purchasing decision on what might happen if it breaks. Because if you do you won't want to ever buy anything.

1 hour ago, Hilltrot said:

As long as you don’t contact them.

What do you mean don’t contact them?

and also with pc parts it’s just a look of the draw whether you get a broken defective pc part or parts that work i imagine

52 minutes ago, Mitzy said:

What do you mean don’t contact them?

and also with pc parts it’s just a look of the draw whether you get a broken defective pc part or parts that work i imagine

If the original design is bad, then it’s not “luck of the draw”.

As for what I said before. It’s a joke.

Like saying, Joe’s breath is only bad if you’re In the same room for him.

10 minutes ago, Hilltrot said:

If the original design is bad, then it’s not “luck of the draw”.

As for what I said before. It’s a joke.

Like saying, Joe’s breath is only bad if you’re In the same room for him.

It is a lick of the draw when choosing a motherboard though if you get a good decent one you have the chance of a defective broken one or a working one it’s like with anything

1 minute ago, Mitzy said:

It is a lick of the draw when choosing a motherboard though if you get a good decent one you have the chance of a defective broken one or a working one it’s like with anything

Once again, if the motherboard is designed poorly, it is not luck of the draw.

A poorly designed motherboard will fail for the same use case every time.

A poorly designed motherboard will have defective failures more often.

3 hours ago, Hilltrot said:

Once again, if the motherboard is designed poorly, it is not luck of the draw.

A poorly designed motherboard will fail for the same use case every time.

A poorly designed motherboard will have defective failures more often.

Yes I know but I’m talking about decent brands like Asus, gigabyte, asrock and the top end well rated motherboards will always have that chance of being broken any pc part does even if it is well rated and well known it has that chance to be defective or broken ya know

5 hours ago, Mitzy said:

Yes I know but I’m talking about decent brands like Asus, gigabyte, asrock and the top end well rated motherboards will always have that chance of being broken any pc part does even if it is well rated and well known it has that chance to be defective or broken ya know

There is always a chance that lightning will strike you as you walk outside.  It is more likely to happen if you walk outside just before a thunderstorm. 

Even though I might like the aesthetic of ASUS as well as there improved Bios and software, ASUS still has had failing designs like their 5700xt rogue strix.  I usually think MSI is solid, but they came out with 570 motherboards which couldn’t run a 3900x.  I could go on and on with Gigabyte which I sometimes call Gigashit.  Their brand got such a bad name In the 2000s that they started to leave it off of their products and using Auros instead.  I shouldn’t be that hard on Gigabyte because I think they have improved.  ASRock is less known and as a result failing designs are less likely to have a publicized.

Regardless, all these problems were caused by design errors.  So, if there are 300 reviews and 100 describe the product failing, this is a design flaw - not bad luck.  You should avoid these products.    If there are only 10 reviews and 3 say that the product is failing, one can’t necessarily claim a design flaw.  It could be bad luck - there just isn’t enough data.  But if a large proportion and number of people are having problems with a product, I would recommend not relying on customer service.  If you call customer service in the first year of owning a product, the product has failed.

I was once told that one couldn’t own an lcd without it having was pixels.  In truth, I haven’t owned a single lcd with a dead pixel.  This isn’t good luck, this is choosing companies which support good manufacturing and quality control.  Even manufacturing “mistakes” can be avoided and quality control can stop almost all potential problems.  The more manufacturing mistakes a company has, the worse the manufacturing process is.

6 hours ago, Hilltrot said:

There is always a chance that lightning will strike you as you walk outside.  It is more likely to happen if you walk outside just before a thunderstorm. 

Even though I might like the aesthetic of ASUS as well as there improved Bios and software, ASUS still has had failing designs like their 5700xt rogue strix.  I usually think MSI is solid, but they came out with 570 motherboards which couldn’t run a 3900x.  I could go on and on with Gigabyte which I sometimes call Gigashit.  Their brand got such a bad name In the 2000s that they started to leave it off of their products and using Auros instead.  I shouldn’t be that hard on Gigabyte because I think they have improved.  ASRock is less known and as a result failing designs are less likely to have a publicized.

Regardless, all these problems were caused by design errors.  So, if there are 300 reviews and 100 describe the product failing, this is a design flaw - not bad luck.  You should avoid these products.    If there are only 10 reviews and 3 say that the product is failing, one can’t necessarily claim a design flaw.  It could be bad luck - there just isn’t enough data.  But if a large proportion and number of people are having problems with a product, I would recommend not relying on customer service.  If you call customer service in the first year of owning a product, the product has failed.

I was once told that one couldn’t own an lcd without it having was pixels.  In truth, I haven’t owned a single lcd with a dead pixel.  This isn’t good luck, this is choosing companies which support good manufacturing and quality control.  Even manufacturing “mistakes” can be avoided and quality control can stop almost all potential problems.  The more manufacturing mistakes a company has, the worse the manufacturing process is.

Every company has had there downfall and there up fall and has that chance for for a good product rather than a defective product and You just have to find it from those well known companies