Is gigabyte customer service any good?

Mitzy

It can be quite slow, the interface leaves much to be desired. They have been at least helpful to me though.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

14 minutes ago, Mitzy said:

Is gigabyte customer service any good?

It is ok but last thursday I spent 4 HOURS on the phone just to hear that I need to buy a new motherboard because my one is apparently outdated

Make sure to quote me @Meowster  so that I see your reply

I love my job, being a sysadmin. It's very fun 

4 minutes ago, Meowster said:

It is ok but last thursday I spent 4 HOURS on the phone just to hear that I need to buy a new motherboard because my one is apparently outdated

FX processor and 990FX motherboard leaves something to be desired for today's computing. They didn't lie to you. 

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

FX processor and 990FX motherboard leaves something to be desired for today's computing. They didn't lie to you. 

I guess, but I don't really use this PC for much, just some very very basic photo editing

Make sure to quote me @Meowster  so that I see your reply

I love my job, being a sysadmin. It's very fun 

Just now, Meowster said:

I guess, but I don't really use this PC for much, just some very very basic photo editing

Which I'm sure it does the job just fine.

My point was they where being honest, even if it sucked to hear. 

That's what makes good customer service. Honesty. Even if the customer doesn't like it!!

33 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

It can be quite slow, the interface leaves much to be desired. They have been at least helpful to me though.

27 minutes ago, Meowster said:

19 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Which I'm sure it does the job just fine.

My point was they where being honest, even if it sucked to hear. 

That's what makes good customer service. Honesty. Even if the customer doesn't like it!!

Ah better than Asus imagine right?

34 minutes ago, Mitzy said:

From what I have heard (I haven't dealt with them ) yes 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

From what I have heard (I haven't dealt with them ) yes 

Ye that’s what I heard top notch products but bad customer support and slightly overpriced

1 minute ago, Mitzy said:

Ye that’s what I heard top notch products but bad customer support and slightly overpriced

Yea you are paying a bit of a price premium for the brand

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

2 hours ago, Mitzy said:

Not sure. Never had to deal with Asus in all these years honestly. 

I don't RMA stuff I break from dirty extreme overclocking and Asus products have otherwise lasted past the warranty.

MSI is pretty good. 

Gigabyte isn't bad either.

It really depends what day of the week and the mood the rep is that you speak to lol.

37 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Not sure. Never had to deal with Asus in all these years honestly. 

I don't RMA stuff I break from dirty extreme overclocking and Asus products have otherwise lasted past the warranty.

MSI is pretty good. 

Gigabyte isn't bad either.

It really depends what day of the week and the mood the rep is that you speak to lol.

Oh there’s a lot of posts with how bad Asus is right now with their customer service and none with Gigabyte is what I’ve noticed

2 hours ago, Mitzy said:

Ha yes

But that's not saying much

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Mitzy said:

Oh there’s a lot of posts with how bad Asus is right now with their customer service and none with Gigabyte is what I’ve noticed

In this LTT forum, I see more issues with AsRock and MSI than Gigabyte and Asus.

Gotta remember, some people that don't get the answer they want or news they want to hear, may be upset and badmouth.

But you only hear this side of the story. The Rep would likely have something different to say.

People are people. They lie cheat and steal. Customer service gets to deal with people that are pre-upset and tend to take it out on the Rep. I've seen this with all companies, be it PC or not. 

I don't think it can be any worse than XFX... 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

26 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

In this LTT forum, I see more issues with AsRock and MSI than Gigabyte and Asus.

Gotta remember, some people that don't get the answer they want or news they want to hear, may be upset and badmouth.

But you only hear this side of the story. The Rep would likely have something different to say.

People are people. They lie cheat and steal. Customer service gets to deal with people that are pre-upset and tend to take it out on the Rep. I've seen this with all companies, be it PC or not. 

28 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Ha yes

But that's not saying much

6 minutes ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

I don't think it can be any worse than XFX... 

I think I’m just gonna go with gigabyte just to be safe than sorry and because they aren’t overpriced and are decent for there price to

15 minutes ago, Mitzy said:

I think I’m just gonna go with gigabyte just to be safe than sorry and because they aren’t overpriced and are decent for there price to

Gigabyte is good. I've had a few Gigabyte boards through the years. My last top end was a 990FX UD7. It was free to me damaged from a reviewer. I was able to post a single cpu in it and the socket was badly damaged and not so easy to save. So I did a few overclocks with it and that was it. But was a reviewers board and couldn't RMA. Especially before the NDA lifted.

49 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Gigabyte is good. I've had a few Gigabyte boards through the years. My last top end was a 990FX UD7. It was free to me damaged from a reviewer. I was able to post a single cpu in it and the socket was badly damaged and not so easy to save. So I did a few overclocks with it and that was it. But was a reviewers board and couldn't RMA. Especially before the NDA lifted.

Seems good and that sounds like it was the reviewers fault not the brands fault 

Just now, Mitzy said:

And that's what some reps have to deal with when people RMA all twisted and upset. 

The reps job is to determine if RMA is good to go based on user handling. Can't warranty an item cause you dropped it on the floor sir.

Over all I think you'll rarely need the customer support if your good enough and take care of the parts 

Build Log: 

5 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Over all I think you'll rarely need the customer support if your good enough and take care of the parts 

Nice to know though if you have a bad part then  you will have a good company To turn to who Will do there best to try and get stuff sorted out

Nice to know though if you have a bad part then  you will have a good company To turn to who Will do there best to try and get stuff sorted out

Ye it's good to be assured that if on the worst situation your gonna get help 

Build Log: 

I've had good experience with Gigabyte EU (UK) customer service. Since RMA is mainly handled through retailers here, can't comment on that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

I've had good experience with Gigabyte EU (UK) customer service. Since RMA is mainly handled through retailers here, can't comment on that.

Do you prefer gigabyte or Asus?

3 minutes ago, Mitzy said:

Do you prefer gigabyte or Asus?

Haven't dealt with Asus customer service, so I can't say. For overall product quality they are on the same line. Both have had their issues in marketing. I choose products based on features/price first and brand second.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv