How to crash windows 7

ThatNewb

Hello all,

I want to know how I can crash a system with 2GB RAM by STUFFING the RAM to the brim so it crashes completely. Some background, it is my office PC (a dell pre-built) and is abysmally slow and lags a lot but the IT team of my organisation would not upgrade the system until they see it crash straight into the netherworld due to the RAM not being enough.

11 minutes ago, ThatNewb said:

Hello all,

I want to know how I can crash a system with 2GB RAM by STUFFING the RAM to the brim so it crashes completely. Some background, it is my office PC (a dell pre-built) and is abysmally slow and lags a lot but the IT team of my organisation would not upgrade the system until they see it crash straight into the netherworld due to the RAM not being enough.

You can flash it with a wrong bios and they will never know lol

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

2 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

You can flash it with a wrong bios and they will never know lol

That would be too obvious though as I want it to crash inside the Windows desktop and not during startup.

8 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Using too much ram won't crash it. It will just use the pagefile and kill processes.

This feels like time to send a angry email or leave.

Dang. :/

24 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Using too much ram won't crash it. It will just use the pagefile and kill processes.

This feels like time to send a angry email or leave.

Is there a way to disable the pagefile or make it less efficient.

Just now, ThatNewb said:

Is there a way to disable the pagefile or make it less efficient.

yea, you need admin privledges, do you havea that?

But that will just make it kill programs faster.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

yea, you need admin privledges, do you havea that?

But that will just make it kill programs faster.

I do know the admin ID and pass.

Just now, ThatNewb said:

I do know the admin ID and pass.

Then you can easily breaka things. There are programs make to crash the system for testing. I think there are some in the sys internals.

What type of crap IT is running this, win 7 + old pc + gives the user admin.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Then you can easily breaka things. There are programs make to crash the system for testing. I think there are some in the sys internals.

What type of crap IT is running this, win 7 + old pc + gives the user admin.

XD I know the pass because I very carefully watched them type it in. Other than that, yes, they are kinda crap. Every single program lags like hell and then when we are questioned as to why it takes time to do tasks, the IT just clears the temp and says everything is ok.

Just now, ThatNewb said:

XD I know the pass because I very carefully watched them type it in. Other than that, yes, they are kinda crap. Every single program lags like hell and then when we are questioned as to why it takes time to do tasks, the IT just clears the temp and says everything is ok.

Plus, complaining doesn't work as the other dregs are too scared to take it up to a supervisor and instead they choose suffering. :/

Just now, ThatNewb said:

Plus, complaining doesn't work as the other dregs are too scared to take it up to a supervisor and instead they choose suffering. :/

Does it really matter? You get paid by the hour, not the work right? 

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Does it really matter? You get paid by the hour, not the work right? 

My job is to process orders so while it doesn't directly affect my pay, however, it does significantly hamper my ability to do my task which in turn makes the performance look bad.

2 hours ago, ThatNewb said:

My job is to process orders so while it doesn't directly affect my pay, however, it does significantly hamper my ability to do my task which in turn makes the performance look bad.

That sounds very much like an argument for talking to your supervisor.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Agreed. You have no idea the situation of IT department. They might in a super tight budget for all you know, and they are being pushed "do more with less". Now they are reason for this or plain greed, but usually reasons. 

But are you sure the problem is RAM related and not ALSO the CPU? or networking? (program might appear slow, but it because the network is too busy and the program is waiting for the data to come). If the problem is networking, then there is nothing you can go, this may be a massive cost for the company to replace, depending on the setup they currently have. It might a simple switch change, or it could be whole network equipement being way too old and doesn't meet the needs of all employees hammering these old equipments.

Crashing or breaking the system won't help you. And it will look suspicious too, as you have been asking for a new one, or an upgrade.

Make a case with your supervisor, he can sponsor you for a system upgrade, and then something can be done. My advice, don't be emotional either (being angry or crying or saying you'll leave. It won't help your case...). That said, your supervisor might be happy with your current performance, and so then, while frustrating to use your system, see it as you have small breaks here and there as you wait for your system. :)

Make a solid case, take your time (beside with the current economic state), all companies are tightening their belts now, until things comes back to normal and pass the company financial quarter where only then companies will turn the page and be more open in buying things.