I have 2 SSDs, 2 hard drives, and an NH-D15S, what's a good case?

Kizzume

I have 2 SSDs, 2 regular hard drives, a DVD-RW (EDIT: Which I can replace with an external), and I'll have an NH-D15S cpu cooler.  What's a good case that's reasonably priced?  I want easy access to the ports on the drives (for example:  If I ever need to re-install Windows, I want to be able to easily disconnect all the drives but the boot drive, and then reconnect them when Windows is done installing).  I also don't want cheap methods for keeping cards into place, I've had countless slider-based locking mechanisms break, which then require jerry-rigging to keep the cards in place, or moving the cards to a different bay, or at worst, having to buy a whole new case.

Thanks.  This forum has been incredibly helpful to me and I'm glad you're here.

Edited by Kizzume
Clarified about the internal DVD-RW

What’s your budget and are you set on having a DVD drive? If you use an external DVD drive it will give you more options since most new cases don’t have 5.25” bays.

13 minutes ago, The_russian said:

What’s your budget and are you set on having a DVD drive? If you use an external DVD drive it will give you more options since most new cases don’t have 5.25” bays.

I hadn't previously considered getting an external, but I suppose one would do. 

As far as budget, I'm hoping for something that's under $150.  Thanks.

As long as the regular hard drives can be mounted properly, I can jerry-rig (even with duct tape if necessary) the SSDs. 

My biggest concern is that there's enough room for the NH-D15S.

Would THIS case be wide enough?  I linked to the Amazon version (which is out of stock) because it gives more info than the NewEgg version.

6 minutes ago, Kizzume said:

As long as the regular hard drives can be mounted properly, I can jerry-rig (even with duct tape if necessary) the SSDs. 

My biggest concern is that there's enough room for the NH-D15S.

Would THIS case be wide enough?  I linked to the Amazon version (which is out of stock) because it gives more info than the NewEgg version.

Fractal Focus should fit the NH-D15S

NH-D15S 

Height over mobo 160mm

Fractal Focus 

Max height CPU cooler 165mm

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9. 

1 minute ago, Boyohan said:

Fractal Focus should fit the NH-D15S

NH-D15S 

Height over mobo 160mm

Fractal Focus 

Max height CPU cooler 165mm

Thanks very much :)

Just now, Kizzume said:

Thanks very much :)

A small warning if you change your mind and want the standard NH-D15 (with two fans)

The NH-D15 has the front fans mounted at a slightly different position which increases the height to 165mm

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9. 

9 minutes ago, Boyohan said:

A small warning if you change your mind and want the standard NH-D15 (with two fans)

The NH-D15 has the front fans mounted at a slightly different position which increases the height to 165mm

Thanks, good to know.  I was going with the NH-D15S so I didn't have to worry about the type of ram I get, as well as it's supposed to be just a little bit quieter (being that it's just one fan).