Building my pc without a case??

M66RE

So I’ve received all my parts, except my case it’s been delayed at a certain Aus post facility for two week and I’m getting impatient. 

Would it be fine if I was to build and run my pc without the case until it arrives hopefully early next week? if so what would be the best way to go about it? Leave it on my wooden desk? Place it in a cardboard box? Any advice would be helpful since I’m at a loss if I should be patient and wait or go through with the no case idea. Lockdown is getting boring with nothing to do.

You could place everything on wood, cardboard, or anything else really that isn’t conductive. The biggest problems are going to be airflow and potentially physically damaging components. If you have some extra fans, try to prop them up around the system. The bigger problem is potentially damaging something. Without a case to protect it you could accidentally drop something on it, or otherwise cause some damage. I wouldn't recommend running a system out of a case unless it is just for testing purposes.

Hey there. Building your system outside of a case is totally doable, perhaps even recommended with a new build, just to check if components are all functioning correctly before strapping everything down into a case.

Below is an example (my system):

Spoiler

20200330_004639.thumb.jpg.59e4d27cae27363f67c9465db580160b.jpg

Note: Screwdriver = Power Button.

If you had a spare trolley lying around, you could go for something like this (also my system, hehe):

Spoiler

20200330_144454.thumb.jpg.850e32fac0742237fa044f8b41b83885.jpg

Note: No electrical components are in contact with any metallic part of the metal trolley.

I ran the Trolley-PC like that for about two weeks before I moved everything into a case.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

@Eschew

sorry for the late answer but I’ve just got everything up and running mines a lot more messy than your examples but thanks so much for the advice.

heres mine hopefully that case makes it to me soon. 

image.jpg