will it support 3rd gen ryzen?

hi guys, i am planning on upgrading my pc whose current specs are,

8gb corsair vengeance

gigabyte a320m hd2

gtx 1050ti 4gb

i am thinking of upgrading to 2060 super and ryzen 5 3600 however, i am unsure that whether my motherboard will support the ryzen 3000 series

1 minute ago, Ryan Kukreti said:

hi guys, i am planning on upgrading my pc whose current specs are,

8gb corsair vengeance

gigabyte a320m hd2

gtx 1050ti 4gb

i am thinking of upgrading to 2060 super and ryzen 5 3600 however, i am unsure that whether my motherboard will support the ryzen 3000 series

yes on the gigabyte website it says third gen is supported

NOTE: I AM NEVER ALWAYS RIGHT, BUT I AM HAPPY TO HELP ANYWAY I CAN

Tag me @WambleCropped or quote me so I can see your reply

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List

-Moved to CPU's, Motherboards and Memory-

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, WambleCropped said:

yes on the gigabyte website it says third gen is supported

do i need to upgrade my bios to the latest version? which is version f50(amd agesa v1.0.0.4 B)?

1 minute ago, Ryan Kukreti said:

do i need to upgrade my bios to the latest version?

yes upgrade bios to latest version and it should work. it's not the greatest mobo, you won't be able to overclock, but it will work

Just now, boggy77 said:

yes upgrade bios to latest version and it should work. it's not the greatest mobo, you won't be able to overclock, but it will work

yeah i am fine with base clock speed, thanks

See https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-A320M-HD2-rev-10/support#support-cpu

Read the notes and follow the instructions. If you have a very old bios version, don't update to the newest version right from the start, do it one by one even if it takes longer (about 2-5 minutes per version)

Easiest option would be to put the extracted bios files on a USB stick (format it fat32 if possible) and then choose the option to update from bios.

29 minutes ago, mariushm said:

See https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-A320M-HD2-rev-10/support#support-cpu

Read the notes and follow the instructions. If you have a very old bios version, don't update to the newest version right from the start, do it one by one even if it takes longer (about 2-5 minutes per version)

Easiest option would be to put the extracted bios files on a USB stick (format it fat32 if possible) and then choose the option to update from bios.

thanks, i already upgraded my bios to the latest version available