Looking for a "silent" CPU fan.

Poledancerz

Hi. So I've recently lost my Cookie Clicker save, and instead of cheating back the cookies like a normal person, I'm deciding to leave my computer on all the time. Disregard that if it didn't make sense :)

I'm looking for a silent CPU fan for my i7-2600. I don't overclock it, and I don't play games fairly often, however there are times where I will play for a max of 5 hours. (usually Minecraft or low-detail RuneScape... Don't judge)

I've recently encountered an issue that can be solved by me leaving my computer on almost 24/7, however, since I sleep next to my computer, I don't want the thing to be whistling while I'm trying to sleep. (I sleep right next to my computer. Need to keep my baby safe.) 

Can someone recommend me a silent fan? I doesn't need to be super efficient, all I want is for it to be QUIET. (and preferably cheap). 

Sorry, I'm in a bit of a rush. If more information is needed, please ask. 

Before someone is wondering, yes, I have tried Google searches before, however, I have not tried finding actual user feedback. And the people on this forum seem to have a lot of knowledge, and is hopefully more reliable than a Google search. 

@Poledancerz

Are you sure it's your CPU making noise? My computer is basically dead silent on idle (browsing and such) with a stock crappy intel cooler. Check to see if that's really the cause of the noise. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

What case do you have?

Also, what @hawaiims said. Figure out what are the loud parts of the pc by stopping the fans with your hands when it's on. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Noctua nh-d14?

That is by no means a silent fan!

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

I have the CM Storm Trooper right now. I have all of the case fans disconnected right now, however. (just temporarily). 

Right now I'm using a low-profile video card that I had laying around, only my SSD is plugged in. 

I feel like most of the noise is coming from my CPU cooler, but it could be something else, like my two hard drives. I'll try disconnecting those and only having my SSD plugged in. 

EDIT: Alright, So it turns out that the low-profile video card I have... The fan on it spins at around 3000000 rpm, which is making a decent amount of noise. 

HOWEVER, I did stop the CPU fan as well, and that is making more noise than the video card. 

Noctua nh-d14?

this and set the fans in the bios to a fixed rpm instead of letting it adjust according to temp.  since you're not overclocking temps won't ever get high enough to be an issue.  it'll even be fine with a modest overclock...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Cryorig R1 Ultimate ? Looks awesome and it performs very very well.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

Solution: take off the cpu fan, let the cpu melt.  When finished, play motherboard plinko

You'll thank me later

No but seriously, I replaced the fan on my hyper 212 with this and it is extremely silent with very nice airflow

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Thermalright Macho Rev. A holy crap its awesome and silent. If you add a Noctua NF-N12 it will be silent. Stock fan is still super quiet.

Space is pretty awesome.

Noctuas U14S with two fans and fixed fan curves?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Hi. So I've recently lost my Cookie Clicker save, and instead of cheating back the cookies like a normal person, I'm deciding to leave my computer on all the time. Disregard that if it didn't make sense :)

I'm looking for a silent CPU fan for my i7-2600. I don't overclock it, and I don't play games fairly often, however there are times where I will play for a max of 5 hours. (usually Minecraft or low-detail RuneScape... Don't judge)

I've recently encountered an issue that can be solved by me leaving my computer on almost 24/7, however, since I sleep next to my computer, I don't want the thing to be whistling while I'm trying to sleep. (I sleep right next to my computer. Need to keep my baby safe.) 

Can someone recommend me a silent fan? I doesn't need to be super efficient, all I want is for it to be QUIET. (and preferably cheap). 

Sorry, I'm in a bit of a rush. If more information is needed, please ask. 

Before someone is wondering, yes, I have tried Google searches before, however, I have not tried finding actual user feedback. And the people on this forum seem to have a lot of knowledge, and is hopefully more reliable than a Google search. 

Now you said fan and not cooler, so if my choices only have fans don't reply saying what am i to put it on or some other random rant :P

120mm fan....

1. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006DKEQV0/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=419CPRZ90JL7&coliid=I109DLEDNYFQOX $10.78
  2. http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-SickleFlow-120-Radiators/dp/B0026ZPFCK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392986445&sr=8-1&keywords=cooler+master+flow+fan $$8.99

140mm fan.....

1. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006CSKM20/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=419CPRZ90JL7&coliid=I1T160NFCDTNPN $12.99

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

do u want just fans or a CPU cooler?
if CPU cooler go for the dark rock pro 3. its one of the most silent COolers out there or the shadow rock 2 if you are on more of a budget

If fans well there is alot that people have mentioned so ill let those go

Any thing from noctua

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |