Bought Brand New Pc And Same Problem Goes On..

Eatmc7

Our problem was when we fire up a game the screen was going crazy. All kinds of stuttering and vertical and horizontal lines and all kinds of abnormalities. It is going back to normal when we get back sitting on desktop.

We took out the gpu (radeon 7850) and tried it in another pc (That is also a new pc with msi b450i gaming plus ac, r3 2200g, be quiet system power 700 watts psu, gskill rams, 250gb wd m.2 ssd)) All was good, there were no issues at all. We put it back in our pc and same issues going on.

Swapped out hdmi cable, didnt help..

Then we decided that its time to ugrade our 7 years old pc (i5 2400+7850 system)

Bought everything brand new (new case+kingston 480gb ssd+r5 1600+gigabyte b450m gaming+xpg 3200 cl16 rams+high power performance gd 600 watts psu) except for the gpu because we validated that its working...

Now everything is brand new except for the gpu and the same problem is going on. But the gpu is completely fine in another pc...

Any guesses what can be the cause?

Edited by wkdpaul

When you tested it in another PC did you also use another monitor?  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

9 minutes ago, nick name said:

When you tested it in another PC did you also use another monitor?  

Yes, the other pc is in another room with its own monitor. i just unplugged gpu and went to that pc. 

6 minutes ago, Eatmc7 said:

Yes, the other pc is in another room with its own monitor. i just unplugged gpu and went to that pc. 

Did you use the same port on the GPU with that other monitor?  Perhaps it's the port on the GPU or the first monitor that's wonky?  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

20 minutes ago, nick name said:

Did you use the same port on the GPU with that other monitor?  Perhaps it's the port on the GPU or the first monitor that's wonky?  

We think our power outlet in that room is problematic right now. Deleting the post for now to not waste peoples time. Ill brb if probelem pursues

1 hour ago, Eatmc7 said:

We think our power outlet in that room is problematic right now. Deleting the post for now to not waste peoples time. Ill brb if probelem pursues

Please don't. If someone else has the same issue and finds your thread in a Google search, they'll be happy to have a few pointers.

I've reinstated the thread.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !