I cut open my case for air flow.

DevilsHand676

Alright so i've got the  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L TUF mATX and was getting higher temps than I was okay with (like high 70s). So I thought my aio was just bad but then my boys @Semper  and @Corsair Nick on my other post said it was just garbo airflow and linked a Gamer Nexus video on how to fix it. Steve decided to drill bigger holes but I wanted to go a bit of a cleaner way so I took a dremel to the face. 

The whole process was pretty painless. I took everything out of the case including the front io (good thing it super simple because of the option to move it around). If you're going to try and re create this you need to make sure everything is out, you don't want any metal shavings to get onto the components. To outline the hole I was going to cut I just put the two front fans and outline it with some yellow chalk. Then I just took a hand dremel with some sort of spiny bit and went at it. Sparks flew like to lovers sharing their first kiss at the county fair. After getting them out I put some stone sandy bit on it to smooth out the edges so I didn't cut myself on accident. Make sure you hit that baby with an air compressor to get out any metal shavings. 

So now there are two fan sized holes in the front of my case that are as smooth as a baby's butt. But now the big question. What are the temps? I have the same fan setup and fan curves and I'm proud to say... they have gotten cooler. CPU is now maxing at 60C instead of the normal 70ish. The GPU has also gotten better maxing at 64C instead of high 70s to low 80s. Overall I'm seeing about a 10 degree improvement. Surprisingly the case hasn't really lost any structural integrity its still pretty solid. I would say if you have this case go ahead and cut that baby up like a butcher. I did this in a couple hours and it was my first time using a dremel but I think it came out pretty well.  

Imgur gallery with before and after: https://imgur.com/a/dekBNqu

CPU- Ryzen 9 3900x
CPU Cooler- Artic Liquid Freezer 2 240mm
GPU-  EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC ULTRA
RAM- CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB 3200Mhz 
PSU- Cooler Master MasterWatt 650 Watt
HDD- WD Blue 4TB
SSD- SanDisk Ultra II 500GB SATA III
Case- Custom Made Desk
Motherboard- ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming

Microphone- Blue Snowball Ice
Headphones- Razer Nari Ultimate
Webcam- Logitech c270
Monitors- MSI Optix MAG24C and Acer KA240HQ Abid
Mouse- Corsair Nightsword RGB
Keyboard- Corsair K95 RGB Platinum MX Speed

Oh you poor thing, what has this monster done to you!?

It's great that you've decided to mod it, but in this case... I need to shit on your parade, sorry.

Your temps were fine IMO, they were far from being anywhere near critical. You didn't have to cut your front panel just to gain a few degrees... You likely could've achieved this by either dusting the PC up(which you probably did right before/after removing the parts of the case?) or by investing in higher cfm fans.

Or maybe even making a custom fan hole in the side panel to add an extra fan of your choosing. Like a 200mm one. Quiet and tons of airflow, perfect to reduce temps.

Now you just have exposed fan blades without any sort of protection. That PC is dangerous, I really hope you don't have kids or pets.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 minute ago, TetraSky said:

Oh you poor thing, what has this monster done to you!?

It's great that you've decided to mod it, but in this case... Your temps were fine IMO, they were far from being anywhere near critical. You didn't have to cut your front panel just to gain a few degrees... You likely could've achieved this by either dusting the PC up(which you probably did right before or after removing the parts of the case?) or by investing in higher cfm fans.

Now you just have exposed fan blades without any sort of protection. That PC is dangerous now, I hope you don't have kids or pets.

lol its all good. I know the temps weren't that bad to begin with but really I was bored and anything I can do to improve my pc i'll do. The good news is the fans aren't "exposed" so to say because of the mesh filter that goes on the front panel, and I have it sit on my desk and my dog isn't able to jump that high, well really jump at all. 

CPU- Ryzen 9 3900x
CPU Cooler- Artic Liquid Freezer 2 240mm
GPU-  EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC ULTRA
RAM- CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB 3200Mhz 
PSU- Cooler Master MasterWatt 650 Watt
HDD- WD Blue 4TB
SSD- SanDisk Ultra II 500GB SATA III
Case- Custom Made Desk
Motherboard- ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming

Microphone- Blue Snowball Ice
Headphones- Razer Nari Ultimate
Webcam- Logitech c270
Monitors- MSI Optix MAG24C and Acer KA240HQ Abid
Mouse- Corsair Nightsword RGB
Keyboard- Corsair K95 RGB Platinum MX Speed

30 minutes ago, DevilsHand676 said:

I took a dremel to the face. 

I did something like this to my cheap acer front panel which had no ventilation to begin with.

image.png.d1b3c96a6db4992b496deb832a3221f5.png

Acer Desktop Computer Aspire ATC-780A-UR12 Intel Core i5 7th Gen 7400 (3.00 GHz) 8 GB DDR4 1 TB HDD Intel HD Graphics 630 Windows 10 Home 64-Bitpic from newegg

https://www.newegg.com/acer-aspire-atc-780a-ur12-student-home-office/p/N82E16883101530

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

23 hours ago, DevilsHand676 said:

Alright so i've got the  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L TUF mATX and was getting higher temps than I was okay with (like high 70s). So I thought my aio was just bad but then my boys @Semper  and @Corsair Nick on my other post said it was just garbo airflow and linked a Gamer Nexus video on how to fix it. Steve decided to drill bigger holes but I wanted to go a bit of a cleaner way so I took a dremel to the face. 

The whole process was pretty painless. I took everything out of the case including the front io (good thing it super simple because of the option to move it around). If you're going to try and re create this you need to make sure everything is out, you don't want any metal shavings to get onto the components. To outline the hole I was going to cut I just put the two front fans and outline it with some yellow chalk. Then I just took a hand dremel with some sort of spiny bit and went at it. Sparks flew like to lovers sharing their first kiss at the county fair. After getting them out I put some stone sandy bit on it to smooth out the edges so I didn't cut myself on accident. Make sure you hit that baby with an air compressor to get out any metal shavings. 

So now there are two fan sized holes in the front of my case that are as smooth as a baby's butt. But now the big question. What are the temps? I have the same fan setup and fan curves and I'm proud to say... they have gotten cooler. CPU is now maxing at 60C instead of the normal 70ish. The GPU has also gotten better maxing at 64C instead of high 70s to low 80s. Overall I'm seeing about a 10 degree improvement. Surprisingly the case hasn't really lost any structural integrity its still pretty solid. I would say if you have this case go ahead and cut that baby up like a butcher. I did this in a couple hours and it was my first time using a dremel but I think it came out pretty well.  

Imgur gallery with before and after: https://imgur.com/a/dekBNqu

ya that case is noing to be crap...but your mod looks good!

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Wow...wasn't expecting you to chop up your case, only pull the front panel off if it was removable to see what the difference in temps were.  Good to hear you figured it all out and saw some good improvements.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/