Questions about Arma 3

Camul

it's more of a sim then a FPS , yes you need all your keys and i recommened going through them and custom binding them to suit you , for me i unbind lock lean and space for prone

i also use a head tracker

once your done with single play multi or theres Plenty of mods on Armaholic - and arma is mod friendly

Thanks. I'll check that site out, 

I've started to change up some of the settings, but do you know where the player config file is so I can make a back-up of my key bindings and difficulty settings?

Documents\arma3

Thanks Guys! Fullmetal

You must NEVER go over 20% fan speed. ~ "Why's that?"~ Why do airport personnel wear hearing protection?

Documents\arma3

Thanks. 

it's more of a sim then a FPS , yes you need all your keys and i recommened going through them and custom binding them to suit you , for me i unbind lock lean and space for prone

i also use a head tracker

once your done with single play multi or theres Plenty of mods on Armaholic - and arma is mod friendly

Going into it I was expecting more of a large scale, more tactical FPS type game. Sort of like Rainbow Six meets Battlefield. I've played for a few hours now and I'm not sure this is my type of game. I think I'll play it a little more see if I can get into it though.

Its painfully hard depending on what ai set at. They go from dummy targets all the way to 10 mile snipers with 22 pistols

Thanks Guys! Fullmetal

You must NEVER go over 20% fan speed. ~ "Why's that?"~ Why do airport personnel wear hearing protection?

Its painfully hard depending on what ai set at. They go from dummy targets all the way to 10 mile snipers with 22 pistols

That's my issue with it. I'm trying to find the right balance where it's not too difficult but still challenging.

Personally I think the way to play Arma 3 is in a group. Real military tactics with a team playing together is an awesome game experience and not when you will ever get in another game. You get that scale of battle with 50 humans and 250 AI that you just can't get on your own.

Right now your issue is actually the accuracy of the AI is too high. You might want to get one of the AI mods to fix that. For whatever reason BIS have created a system where the AI are just too accurate, even on easy. They can headshot you with an unscoped weapon at 600m and yet you can't really engage effectively until more like 400-500m. So with a bit of modding of the AI settings you can repair it, make the AI smart but not super human in skills and get a more realistic/fun game. Mods are a huge part of Arma 3, I play with about 25 in all.

Personally I think the way to play Arma 3 is in a group. Real military tactics with a team playing together is an awesome game experience and not when you will ever get in another game. You get that scale of battle with 50 humans and 250 AI that you just can't get on your own.

Right now your issue is actually the accuracy of the AI is too high. You might want to get one of the AI mods to fix that. For whatever reason BIS have created a system where the AI are just too accurate, even on easy. They can headshot you with an unscoped weapon at 600m and yet you can't really engage effectively until more like 400-500m. So with a bit of modding of the AI settings you can repair it, make the AI smart but not super human in skills and get a more realistic/fun game. Mods are a huge part of Arma 3, I play with about 25 in all.

Do you get all of your mods from the Steam workshop?

No not at all. Most mods for arma are best found at armaholic.com. You can use Six Updater or other tools to launch the game with them, but most people that mod the game do so using something other than steam, which unfortunately is really bad at mods.