Audiophile Headphones For Gaming Under 100$

The sound card I'm going to buy is the ASUS Xonar DX. I want to buy a pair of audiophile-grade headphones (without an integrated mic). It should sound pretty good for gaming.

Thanks in advance.

There no going to be "audiophile grade" below $100. Most audiophiles would consider a pair of these their bad pair when they don't want their better ones to be broken

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

You aren't going to find Audiophile grade headphones for less than $100 unless you can find a good deal on ATH-M50's

My Stuff! :D

My Stuff
  • Main Build - Soon to change due to it being dead
  • 4790k @ 4.7Ghz
  • Corsair 750D
  • Swiftech H320
  • MSI Z97s SLI
  • 7950 Vapor-X
  • 16GB Corsair Vengance  Blue LP 1600Mhz 
  • 120GB Samsung 840
  • 2TB Seagate Barracuda
  • Corsair HX750
  •  
  • ​Peripherals
  • Logitech G700s
  • Bitfenix, Corsair, and Darkside cable extensions
  • Das Professional with Cherry MX Brown's & Custom Keycaps
  • 3x ASUS VS238H-P w/ Triple monitor mount in PLP
  • AudioTechnica ATH-M50's 
  • Blue Yeti Microphone
  • TurtleBeach PX3 Wireless
  • Logitech C920 Webcam 
  • Precision Audio Bookshelf Speakers 
  • AudioSource AMP-100
  • Logitech G27 Racing setup
  •  
  • Laptop - Acer 7750G-9855
  • i7 2630QM
  • AMD 6650M GPU
  • 120GB Samsung 840 EVO
  • 8GB RAM
  • Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 
  • Blu-ray Drive
  •  
  • Netbook - HP Pavillion DM1
  • AMD E-450 APU
  • 4GB RAM
  • 500gb HDD
  • Cell Phone - OnePlus One 
  • 5.5-inch 1080p Screen
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor @2.5Ghz
  • 13 Megapixel rear camera
  • 5 megapixel wide angle front facing camera
  • 3100 mAh non-removal battery
  • AC wifi
  • Cell Phone #2 - Nexus 5
  • 5 Inch 1080p Screen
  • Snapdragon 800
  • 8 megapixel rear camera
  • 1.3 megapixel front camera
  • 2300 mAh non-removable battery
  • AC wifi
  • Upgrades for 2014
  • GTX 970
  • i7 4690k
  • 16gb RAM 
  • 1x 1440 or 1600p Monitor 
  • Das Mechanical Keyboard

I have a very good experience with my Shure SRH440's, but I'm sure other people could give you better options.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

^^@guys who say sub 100$ isnt "audiophile" I wouldn't say that.

But that's unfortunately all I've got to say, I don't know what to recommend

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

if you have motherboard made in the past few years soundcards dont do anything to soundquality, only make it louder.

as for headphones go for sennheisers or beyerdynamics.

| i5 4690K 4,4Ghz | Gtx 680 Msi twin frozr Oc edition | Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 Gb | Asus Z97-A | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB| Samsung 840 EVO SSD 120GB | Fractal Design Integra 750 W | All gently placed with great fright inside a Fractal Design Define R4 |

| ProJect Head Box S USB with Hifiman HE-400's plugged in | Check profile page for more Audio shizzle(dizzle) |

IMO the ath m50s are the best sub 200 dollar headphones, they usually run about $120 since the new m50x's came out. otherwise, check the rest of the M lineup from audio-techinica, i have the m30's and they sound amazing considering they're only 40 bucks

AMD FX 8350 8-Core CPU (Stock 4GHz) | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | (Rev. 4.0) | 8GB 1600MHz HyperX Fury | AMD R9 270 (MSI Gaming OC Edition) | NZXT H440 (White) | Kingston 120GB SSDnow V300 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB (7200 RPM) | Corsair RM750m 750w Fully Modular Power Supply

Dell 23.6-Inch 1080p 60hz IPS Display | Corsair H100i AIO Liquid Cooler | Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G502 Proteus Core | iSymphony Wireless Stereo Speakers | Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

As many people have stated before, "Audiophile" and "less than $100" dont go together

Should I get closed earcups or open earcups?

that's up to you, do you have a noisy environment, will you be using them outside your house, or something?

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Add the soundcard budget to the headphone budget and get audio-technica ATH-AD700X

There no going to be "audiophile grade" below $100. Most audiophiles would consider a pair of these their bad pair when they don't want their better ones to be broken

As many people have stated before, "Audiophile" and "less than $100" dont go together

You must be new here...

Add the soundcard budget to the headphone budget and get audio-technica ATH-AD700X

You must be new here...

So the best option is to get the Xonar DX and the ATH-AD700X?

So the best option is to get the Xonar DX and the ATH-AD700X?

I don't think you need the soundcard, so, add that money to your headphone budget. Otherwise, the ATH-AD700X would be over budget.

I don't think you need the soundcard, so, add that money to your headphone budget. Otherwise, the ATH-AD700X would be over budget.

I'd really rather get a soundcard, so what should I chose between theese two: Sennheiser HD518 or the Audio-Technica ATH-M30x?

I'd really rather get a soundcard, so what should I chose between theese two: Sennheiser HD518 or the Audio-Technica ATH-M30x?

but why? 

and out of those, the 518's are better for gaming, due to their open design and nice soundstage. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

the ath m50s are the best sub 200 dollar headphones, they usually run about $120 since the new m50x's came out. otherwise, check the rest of the M lineup from audio-techinica, i have the m30's and they sound amazing considering they're only 40 bucks

thats an extremely bold statement their.

I can name like 4 headphones that i would rather have over the m50's

You aren't going to find Audiophile grade headphones for less than $100 unless you can find a good deal on ATH-M50's

wow thats some cute misinformation you got there. Superlux has a few headphones under $100 that are nice for the price. plus the pioneer's i got are nice as well

The sound card I'm going to buy is the ASUS Xonar DX. I want to buy a pair of audiophile-grade headphones (without an integrated mic). It should sound pretty good for gaming.

Thanks in advance.

i would not buy the soundcard and get better headphones

thats an extremely bold statement their.

I can name like 4 headphones that i would rather have over the m50's

just my opinion, sorry should've put that in

AMD FX 8350 8-Core CPU (Stock 4GHz) | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | (Rev. 4.0) | 8GB 1600MHz HyperX Fury | AMD R9 270 (MSI Gaming OC Edition) | NZXT H440 (White) | Kingston 120GB SSDnow V300 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB (7200 RPM) | Corsair RM750m 750w Fully Modular Power Supply

Dell 23.6-Inch 1080p 60hz IPS Display | Corsair H100i AIO Liquid Cooler | Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G502 Proteus Core | iSymphony Wireless Stereo Speakers | Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

You must be new here...

Pretty sure I'm older than you here........,

maybe not as active.

Pretty sure I'm older than you here........,

maybe not as active.

Doesn't really matter, twas only a meme. Your post was still invalid.

AT's and Sennheisers are good suggestions.

I'd also like to add in Sony MDR-V6 and V7506. Around $80, and I liked them well enough for gaming.