Rough patches in 3d printing

I am vary new to 3d printing, 3-4days. I am printing a paint brush rinsing cup and I keep getting these rough patches that are raised up a little but the print seems to still be attached to the plate just fine.

This is the 3rd try (see pictures) and I have tried raising the bed temp and the printhead temp but neither seemed to work. I've calibrated the bed so it's level. No other print seems to have this issue but they haven't been this big.

I'm using an Ender 3 pro.

A55E6910-1026-457A-8A08-566E34E9206D.jpeg

1B0505BD-00D2-4249-9EBE-540E6F182406.jpeg

25B5F7DE-6609-4650-8338-B876EEC3DE65.jpeg

9 hours ago, Ambrose_A said:

-SNIP-

Your Z height for the first layer looks like it is too close to the bed causing the the lines to merge and then push up with minor variations in the bed, feed rate, filament diameter, etc.  

Try raising the Z height of the hot end or lowering all 4 points of the bed leveling screws an even amount. 

On 4/22/2020 at 8:28 PM, W-L said:

Your Z height for the first layer looks like it is too close to the bed causing the the lines to merge and then push up with minor variations in the bed, feed rate, filament diameter, etc.  

Try raising the Z height of the hot end or lowering all 4 points of the bed leveling screws an even amount. 

that fixed it, thanks!

I them printed a fan cover for the PSU and while lining the holes up, I slipped and the PSU popped killing it. Should have waited for awhile unplugged so it was fully discharged.

Im an idiot and today sucks.

1 hour ago, Ambrose_A said:

that fixed it, thanks!

I them printed a fan cover for the PSU and while lining the holes up, I slipped and the PSU popped killing it. Should have waited for awhile unplugged so it was fully discharged.

Good to hear, and that isn't good, if it was one of the capacitors that blew you might be able to just replace it to get the unit going again. Check on the PCB also as it has a soldered on glass fuse, if you're lucky it might have shorted out and blown the fuse. Of course when doing this let it sit for a good while before opening and mind the leads/contacts on the large capacitors as those can hold a potential charge that is extremely dangerous. 

16 minutes ago, W-L said:

Good to hear, and that isn't good, if it was one of the capacitors that blew you might be able to just replace it to get the unit going again. Check on the PCB also as it has a soldered on glass fuse, if you're lucky it might have shorted out and blown the fuse. Of course when doing this let it sit for a good while before opening and mind the leads/contacts on the large capacitors as those can hold a potential charge that is extremely dangerous. 

in the PSU is something that looks like a fuse soldered in place. I don't see any damage to the PCB. Where the short was is just a wire labeled J5 and has that burn tarnish on it.

The only fuse I can replace in the plug which looks fine. Pretty sure the board is DOA.

I need to learn to slowdown and think things through.

It hurts but I've got a new PSU coming. The one I have maybe fixable but I don't have the gear to solder or know how to fix it reliably so I don't want to risk it going out and taking other stuff with it. Thanks for all of the help!

On 4/24/2020 at 11:12 AM, Ambrose_A said:

that fixed it, thanks!

:( yea i have also had some bad times with not slowing down computer things, ever tried to move ur cpu fan while it was on??