Is ip logging legal?

ManosMax13
1 minute ago, Arika S said:

for someone that admitted they were wrong, you sure are trying hard to make it seem like you're not at fault.

You came to ask a question, you didn't get the answer you wanted, now you're at the backpedaling and feigning ignorance stage. You were thinking this thread was going to have "lol, nah what you did is fine, those people are dumb" type comments. 

Yes, you're 16 and not what most of society would classify as "mature" but it's also old enough to gauge what's right or wrong. You need to learn accountability and think about more than just yourself.

And please never use "it was just a joke/it's just a prank" as an excuse for anything in life again. It's about as believable as "It was my brother on my account"

I am trying to understand why what I did was wrong just saying it was wrong because it scared kids doesnt really help make me a better person learning to know why it was wrong does tho.

1 minute ago, XR6 said:

I can't find a definitive yes/no answer on this so I can't say if it's legal or illegal but honestly, I don't see the point in it in the first place.

If I were you I'd just stop doing this. Not much point in it tbh. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I did stop it, you had honestly the best respone so thanks for not blasting me with hate. 

1 minute ago, ManosMax13 said:

I did stop it, you had honestly the best respone so thanks for not blasting me with hate. 

Well stopping is all you can do as it's already happened, so yeah I'd recommend just not doing that in the future. Not trying to tell you what you can and can't do, just saying it's not such a good idea (but you may have figured that out yourself).

Also you guys that are talking about understanding how it might be offending to other people but not to me and stuff. You blasted me with so much h8 because you didnt find what I was doing funny. I will assure you scaring the fuck out of people is a thing that many people find funny and i thought I was under the limits of funny and not awful. I will listen to your opinion and never do it again but I want to  mention that how most of you acted was not nice as I was not aware of the consequences and i didnt even consider it being legal since it was a public tool easily accesible by anyone with just a google.

10 minutes ago, Arika S said:

for someone that admitted they were wrong, you sure are trying hard to make it seem like you're not at fault.

You came to ask a question, you didn't get the answer you wanted, now you're at the backpedaling and feigning ignorance stage. You were thinking this thread was going to have "lol, nah what you did is fine, those people are dumb" type comments. 

Yes, you're 16 and not what most of society would classify as "mature" but it's also old enough to gauge what's right or wrong. You need to learn accountability and think about more than just yourself.

And please never use "it was just a joke/it's just a prank" as an excuse for anything in life again. It's about as believable as "It was my brother on my account"

17 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

And now you're distributing their IP addresses?

Damn, this just gets more interesting by the second.

18 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

You were IP logging.. don't fucking do something without knowing the consequences of your actions. Ignorance of the law will not save you in court.

It's better if you and your friend stop doing this immediately before you regret it even more.

- Thread Locked -

There's way too many insults being thrown around and people are demanding personal information which we do not allow.

The problem with what you did was that you thought it was okay to threaten and intimidate children. Amazingly from reading your replies you still think that it was okay because it was "funny" and a "prank". No. What you did was bullying. The game server you were playing on was right to ban you as you were being extremely toxic towards other players.

If you were to pull the same stunt on the forums and try to threaten and intimidate people we will not hesitate to ban you.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450