Is ip logging legal?

ManosMax13
1 minute ago, Arika S said:

This thread went from "people think I'm a dick, please tell me I'm not" 

To

"it was just a prank bro" 

To

*excuses* and "well I wouldn't have been affected if it was me" 

Accept your judgement that what you did was a dick move, we don't care what your life situation is/was like, it's not an excuse to do what you did. What you find funny and non threatening, might be physiologically damaging to someone else. 

Image if one of the kids had previously been doxxed or had a stalker, they finally built up the courage to get online and play an innocent game like minecraft. Then have 2 people they don't know start spouting this information that there is no way they could know, suddenly they are freaking out because they think it's going to happen again. 

Grow up 

Ok so how should I know what will damage another person if it it seems non threatening to me. Also that like saying what some stupid teachers in my school say,I made a deaf joke once and the teacher got mad because they said that one student could have a deaf family member and get offended. Thats plain stupid, when my grandpa died 1 year ago if someone made a joke about a grandpa being dead and not knowning my situation I wouldnt get offended and I believe its stupid if someone else got offended.

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Try not to be narcisstic about it?   Like, instead of thinking about yourself question the reaction of others and the potential legal repercussions.

I had no idea it might be illegal as I thought that they just were public information. I have sometimes resulted to ask my friends before saying something as they know better than me what should I say and what not but when I do this I feel stupid and like i am a 5year old.

Can't tell if Asperger's Syndrome or narcissistic personality disorder.   Because that's just what that screams to me.

No thats just stupid. I dont have anything.  Its just that I have learned with the few experiences that I have in life that nothing should affect you other than what friends or family say. And you should always try your best to not be offended or become angry as stuff to avoid being a dumbass.

5 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

If it doesnt matter to me how would I know if it mattered to someone also Im also considered a minor I will be 16 in august stop talking like I am pedophile or something.

Either you're thick or you're playing dumb. Doesn't the fact that you have to ask about the legality of what you're doing ring any bells to you?

1 hour ago, ManosMax13 said:

Or we live near bye stay online so we can track your adress and meet in person.

Saying this shit and thinking it's okay cause "you're also young" is plain fucking stupid. Stop.

2 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

Either you're thick or you're playing dumb. Doesn't the fact that you have to ask about the legality of what you're doing ring any bells to you?

Saying this shit and thinking it's okay cause "you're also young" is plain fucking stupid. Stop.

My mother was worried about the legality not me but now i found I was wrong. I thought it would be a joke that would scare some people which is funny but again I didnt know it was that big of a deal.

1 minute ago, ManosMax13 said:

My mother was worried about the legality not me but now i found I was wrong. I thought it would be a joke that would scare some people which is funny but again I didnt know it was that big of a deal.

Give us your home address, clearly it's not a big deal.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Give us your home address, clearly it's not a big deal.

I live in greece athens thats what the programm gave away thats the limit I am willing to go to  as far as my adress.

Just now, ManosMax13 said:

I live in greece athens thats what the programm gave away thats the limit I am willing to go to  as far as my adress.

IP addresses give a fairly tight radius where their home may be.

You gave me a city. I could figure that much out from your profile here and other posts you've made. Even your zip code gives me less info than an IP address does. You just don't fucking get it, do you?

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Not really as you are showing clear signs of both.   You're basically telling us that everyone, and assume everyone, should respond like you or that you don't get it.   You're also have trouble with a social scenario.   That's literally key elements of children with Asperger's and/or those suffering from narcissistic personality disorder.   The world doesn't revolve around you and the assumptions you are making.   Even if you believe it does it really doesn't.   I'm going to stop here because this is going nowhere hopefully you don't get sued.

No you got me wrong I am not thinking that everything revolves around me and stuff I just wanna say that it is hard for me to imagine what would another  person feel when I dont feel the same.

3 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

Oh, so you actually do mind? What happened to the badass who previously said that they don't mind?

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

IP addresses give a fairly tight radius where their home may be.

You gave me a city. I could figure that much out from your profile here and other posts you've made. Even your zip code gives me less info than an IP address does. You just don't fucking get it, do you?

No i did not know that as I said I considered ip's public information so I did not think that it was that important. I am sorry again and I can not apologised to the ones i have pranked as I have been banned.

No i did not know that as I said I considered ip's public information so I did not think that it was that important. I am sorry again and I can not apologised to the ones i have pranked as I have been banned.

IPs are about as public information as cars parked on the street are public transportation.

Cmon, you're such a badass, give us your address.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, lewdicrous said:

Oh, so you actually do mind? What happened to the badass who previously said that they don't mind?

I dont mind if you know my  city as i didnt know anything else about the people that I pranked. If I could get their home adress I would surely not do it.

I dont mind if you know my  city as i didnt know anything else about the people that I pranked. If I could get their home adress I would surely not do it.

IP addresses give away way more about the person's location than their city, and you know that damn well.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

IPs are about as public information as cars parked on the street are public transportation.

Cmon, you're such a badass, give us your address.

What you are  saying is totally false. Staff on minecraft can see your ip to make sure you dont have alt accounts from the same pc. Sites see your ip for analitycs and costumizing their website better.

IP addresses give away way more about the person's location than their city, and you know that damn well.

NO I DIDNT...

You were IP logging.. don't fucking do something without knowing the consequences of your actions. Ignorance of the law will not save you in court.

It's better if you and your friend stop doing this immediately before you regret it even more.

DO you wanna see the information that I got from others go to grabify make a link and then send it to me so you can see the same information about me that I saw about them. I would send a link to grabify but you propably would not trust it...

Just now, lewdicrous said:

You were IP logging.. don't fucking do something without knowing the consequences of your actions. Ignorance of the law will not save you in court.

It's better if you and your friend stop doing this immediately before you regret it even more.

We did stop!

DO you wanna see the information that I got from others go to grabify make a link and then send it to me so you can see the same information about me that I saw about them. I would send a link to grabify but you propably would not trust it...

And now you're distributing their IP addresses?

Damn, this just gets more interesting by the second.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

No im saying that send me a grabify link so you can see the same information about me that I saw about them when doing the prank IM NOT DISTRIBUTING ANYTHING STOP TALKING BULLSHIT.

4 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

A lot of people worry that their IP address might reveal their name, home address, age, what they look at online and more. That's just not the case. Sure, they might find out some interesting information, but nothing revealing.

Thats what I knew about ip adresses...

12 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

but now i found I was wrong. I thought it would be a joke that would scare some people which is funny but again I didnt know it was that big of a deal.

for someone that admitted they were wrong, you sure are trying hard to make it seem like you're not at fault.

You came to ask a question, you didn't get the answer you wanted, now you're at the backpedaling and feigning ignorance stage. You were thinking this thread was going to have "lol, nah what you did is fine, those people are dumb" type comments. 

Yes, you're 16 and not what most of society would classify as "mature" but it's also old enough to gauge what's right or wrong. You need to learn accountability and think about more than just yourself.

And please never use "it was just a joke/it's just a prank" as an excuse for anything in life again. It's about as believable as "It was my brother on my account"

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I can't find a definitive yes/no answer on this so I can't say if it's legal or illegal but honestly, I don't see the point in it in the first place.

If I were you I'd just stop doing this. Not much point in it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯