Blocked by cloudflare

williamcll

Browser, version and OS: windows 10 version 1909

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?

I log in, I go to tech news, I write a post, then the error shows up.

What happened?

My post was not submitted and I get the error below instead.

What did you expect to happen?

The post is submitted and shown on the subforum

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable: 

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

image.png

Any other relevant details:

I had previously ran to captcha checking multiple times when I submit new threads.

Submitting posts on other IPs does not have this issue.

If it's a cloudflare error, what was the ray ID from the bottom of the error page? 

5860b4881f7a020f

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

I've turned off that rule that you hit, but to have hit that rule I think you must have coped and pasted with formatting from somewhere (and your browser included stuff that it really shouldn't have) because it was blocked on the basis of probably containing javascript event listeners. You should be able to submit that post again now - if you do, can you link it here so that I can have a look?

Also, what browser are you using?

HTTP/2 203

@colonel_mortis Is this some sort of XSS protection. Also if it is XSS protection, does it communicate with IPS to flag or ban a user or does it just prevent the attack

Please tag me @Windows9 so I can see your reply

36 minutes ago, AMD1234 said:

@colonel_mortis Is this some sort of XSS protection. Also if it is XSS protection, does it communicate with IPS to flag or ban a user or does it just prevent the attack

This particular test was defending against XSS attacks (in general it is a Web Application Firewall, which is intended to protect against a wide range of possible attacks). It was enabled recently primarily to help protect against certain denial of service attacks, and I have been tuning the configuration to try and avoid false positives as far as possible,

It doesn't communicate with the forum or with IPS directly, and it doesn't do anything other than block the specific request that triggered the checks.

HTTP/2 203

Posting is fine now

5 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

I've turned off that rule that you hit, but to have hit that rule I think you must have coped and pasted with formatting from somewhere (and your browser included stuff that it really shouldn't have) because it was blocked on the basis of probably containing javascript event listeners. You should be able to submit that post again now - if you do, can you link it here so that I can have a look?

Also, what browser are you using?

Might have been some of the photos from other tech news sites that aren't just a .jpg file extension.

I was using Google Chrome 80.0.3987.163 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

• 2 weeks later...

EDIT: ok nevermind, it seems like photos from GSMArena will trip the filter.

The page is https://www.gsmarena.com/leaked_schematic_of_htc_desire_20_pro_shows_a_quad_camera_and_the_brands_first_punch_hole-news-42959.php

last two times i simple try to log into ltt forum. it would cloud fire. and the human test part was very glitch

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

1 hour ago, williamcll said:

EDIT: ok nevermind, it seems like photos from GSMArena will trip the filter.

The page is https://www.gsmarena.com/leaked_schematic_of_htc_desire_20_pro_shows_a_quad_camera_and_the_brands_first_punch_hole-news-42959.php

It's not photos from GSMArena per se. The problem is that you just copied and pasted the whole article verbatim including the image, and some javascript was included in that. You will have much better luck with Cloudflare if you just copy snippets of the article, and paste them as plain text (Ctrl/Cmd+shift+v), then add the images in separately by copying the image location.

35 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

last two times i simple try to log into ltt forum. it would cloud fire. and the human test part was very glitch

We have fairly aggressive bot protection on the login form, to try and prevent brute forcing. If you get it again, please copy the ray ID from the bottom of the page and post it here so I can see which part of the filter it tripped.

HTTP/2 203

ok i will

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC