Case recommendations

Thinker Pal

Hello! I have been wanting to build a computer for a while now, and I'm currently facing difficulties in choose a case for my new system. I was initially thinking of going for the h510i but I've heard/read some people say that the thermals are not that great. Are there any other cases that you guys would recommend? 

The build that I'm planning mainly consists along the lines of:

Mobo: Asus x570-E

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

GPU: 2070 Super Gaming OC White

(I will most probably running a slight oc on the cpu/gpu)

This is my first time posting, so I do apologise if I did something wrong! 

14 minutes ago, Thinker Pal said:

Hello! I have been wanting to build a computer for a while now, and I'm currently facing difficulties in choose a case for my new system. I was initially thinking of going for the h510i but I've heard/read some people say that the thermals are not that great. Are there any other cases that you guys would recommend? 

The build that I'm planning mainly consists along the lines of:

Mobo: Asus x570-E

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

GPU: 2070 Super Gaming OC White

(I will most probably running a slight oc on the cpu/gpu)

This is my first time posting, so I do apologise if I did something wrong! 

Some questions for ya:

1.) What form factor MB? (I'm assuming at least ATX)

2.) Are you planning on water cooling your system?

If so, you need to decide on what size radiator you want. Since you want to OC, I would recommend at LEAST a 120mm AIO. I can recommend the Riotoro Bifrost 120mm AIO for at least 4 months of reliable use on an OC FX-4350 (4.5ghz up from 4.2ghz). I actually got my finger in one of the fan blades of one of the fans that were included... thing bit pretty hard and didn't phase the fan (it shaved some skin off, no blood) link if you're interested. However, if you want name brand, there are a whole lot of options in the 240mm range for about $100.

I should be getting my Musetex Phantom case on Saturday. Going to transplant my current build into there and test out the thermals (will likely need some splitters for all the fans I'm gonna have). I'll let you know how building in the Musetex goes. Might even video my experience with it.

1 hour ago, LordKitsune said:

1.) What form factor MB? (I'm assuming at least ATX)

1) ATX

1 hour ago, LordKitsune said:

2.) Are you planning on water cooling your system?

I was thinking of air cooling, actually, with an NH-D15. Clearance may be tight, but it's performance did look really good to me (I'm going under the assumption that it should perform better than a 240 following Linus' vid a while back)

I saw the Musetex Phantom listing on amazon, 6 included fans does seem amazing for the price, unfortunately that specific case does not ship to my region 😑

15 minutes ago, Thinker Pal said:

1) ATX

I was thinking of air cooling, actually, with an NH-D15. Clearance may be tight, but it's performance did look really good to me (I'm going under the assumption that it should perform better than a 240 following Linus' vid a while back)

I saw the Musetex Phantom listing on amazon, 6 included fans does seem amazing for the price, unfortunately that specific case does not ship to my region 😑

Oooof, that's not fun. Did you check any other online retailers for availability in your area?

0.o I picked up the Riotoro 120mm AIO for $39.99... definitely worth the money for what I paid for it but no sense in getting that when you can get a 240 for the same price. My bad on not noticing that.

Honestly, yes, if you are going Air cooled and not going stock, go with that one. You can always upgrade fans later to try and squeeze more performance out of it (if you can find better fans that is).

The H510 Elite (if I have this right in my head) is 210mm thick, which would definitely give you plenty of room for your cpu cooler tower - though at $150 that's pushing the bar on how much I'd be willing to pay for a case. Perhaps this Corsair iCue 220T Airflow for $99.99. Looks pretty sharp, inside could have been designed a little bit better for cable management. Looks like a pretty nice case 

In my region the h510i costs $165 (SGD) and the case that I am now eyeing has become the Corsair iCue 465x which goes for SGD$189, which i may go for, given that I'm paying $24 for 1 extra fan, with RGB and better fans and case airflow design overall. (given how gamersnexus tested this to be ~8 degrees C lower than h510 elite). The 220T retails for $143 here, but I might just be willing to pay extra for a bit more space (given that I will probably put more than 2 3.5" drives than is supported/may put in some 2.5" drives as well, I would like the extra space).

Do you think I need to purchase an additional fan for the back for exhaust though? It is a 3 intake only fan configuration...

13 hours ago, LordKitsune said:

The H510 Elite (if I have this right in my head) is 210mm thick, which would definitely give you plenty of room for your cpu cooler tower - though at $150 that's pushing the bar on how much I'd be willing to pay for a case. Perhaps this Corsair iCue 220T Airflow for $99.99. Looks pretty sharp, inside could have been designed a little bit better for cable management. Looks like a pretty nice case 

That's..... not how you measure or determine a Cases CPU tower clearance. They have a specific callouts for max CPU heights.

image.png.5605d678f2aec39c1e9caca6c9eef226.png

https://www.nzxt.com/products/h510-matte-white

10 hours ago, Thinker Pal said:

Do you think I need to purchase an additional fan for the back for exhaust though? It is a 3 intake only fan configuration...

If worse comes to worse, you can move one of the front fans to the rear. Two front fans and one rear fan is is the general "sweet spot" in meaningful number of fans relative to system airflow (a positive attribute) and system noise (usually a negative one)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25