Can I build an Hackintosh

I'm really looking forward to install MAC OS in my custom PC, mostly for development with Xcode. I'm not ready to buy a Mac yet (Definitely will, but might take a long time).  I've read some post about people claiming to be able to update their Hackintosh to the latest OS and softwares such as development tools and also be able to use airdrop and IMessage. Is it really possible? Can my build allow me to do that. (CPU: Intel i7 8700K, GPU: Gigabyte Geforce 10603gb, RAM: 2 * 8GB Corsair RGB 2666MHZ, Mobo: Gigabyte Intel Z370N Wifi). If yes how do manage to that. What sources/tutorials/sites do you recommend I take a look at?

Thanks

You *can* build one but you will be stuck using your iGPU (intel graphics) instead of your 1060, as Mojave and Catalina do not support Nvidia cards at all. It wouldn't really be worth it unless you bought an AMD card (Radeon VII is the best for hackintosh but way overpriced). There are a lot of guides to set up OS X on non Macs, the best place to start would be the Hackintosh Reddit, and Discord ran by CorpNewt

Thank, however do apple tends to bork Hackintoshes frequently?

5 minutes ago, VLONE said:

You *can* build one but you will be stuck using your iGPU (intel graphics) instead of your 1060, as Mojave and Catalina do not support Nvidia cards at all. It wouldn't really be worth it unless you bought an AMD card (Radeon VII is the best for hackintosh but way overpriced). There are a lot of guides to set up OS X on non Macs, the best place to start would be the Hackintosh Reddit, and Discord ran by CorpNewt

Thank, however do apple tends to bork Hackintoshes frequently? I want to be able to update PC?

3 minutes ago, Al_Salvador said:

Your hackintosh will work fine as long as you don't start updating it constantly and have "supported" hardware.

If you just try to update through the app store, yeah. You should always wait for others to give the OK for app store updates before doing so yourself on hackintosh. There are also a few other things you need to look out for when building a hackintosh like buying the correct wifi adapter (intel wifi does not work, you need a broadcom one iirc), and generating the correct config files for your setup so that iCloud, iMessage, Facetime, etc work & work without getting you banned

5 minutes ago, VLONE said:

If you just try to update through the app store, yeah. You should always wait for others to give the OK for app store updates before doing so yourself on hackintosh. There are also a few other things you need to look out for when building a hackintosh like buying the correct wifi adapter (intel wifi does not work, you need a broadcom one iirc), and generating the correct config files for your setup so that iCloud, iMessage, Facetime, etc work & work without getting you banned

How do i get this Broadcom Iirc(Idont really jknow what it is?) Will I need to  chage my mobo, beside should I specifactlly use a radeon or any AMD GPU will do the work?

7 minutes ago, VLONE said:

And what should I do to avoid getting banned? Will I be able to install apps from the AppStore? I only care about developement 

4 minutes ago, Al_Salvador said:

How do i get this Broadcom Iirc(Idont really jknow what it is?) Will I need to  chage my mobo, beside should I specifactlly use a radeon or any AMD GPU will do the work?

Here is one that would work: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0156DVQ7G/?tag=hkntshr-20 (probably on ebay for much cheaper)

Here's also a somewhat relevant guide (same motherboard as you) https://hackintosher.com/builds/gigabyte-z370n-wifi-itx-hackintosh-guide-4k-htpc-build/

I'm not sure exactly which AMD GPUs work, I think most do but you should look up the one you're interested in before buying it to make sure it's compatible.

Just now, Al_Salvador said:

And what should I do to avoid getting banned? Will I be able to install apps from the AppStore? I only care about developement 

You just need to generate the correct config files and have the proper hardware and you will probably be fine. You can install apps from the app store even if your config and setup is bad, but if you want to use other OS X services like iMessage and Facetime you need to generate a good config for supported hardware. It's better to have everything working correctly since it will cause a lot less stress later on

4 minutes ago, VLONE said:

You just need to generate the correct config files and have the proper hardware and you will probably be fine. You can install apps from the app store even if your config and setup is bad, but if you want to use other OS X services like iMessage and Facetime you need to generate a good config for supported hardware. It's better to have everything working correctly since it will cause a lot less stress later on

I am seeing clover mention all the time? What is it?

I am seeing clover mention all the time? What is it?

It's like a Mac EFI emulator type thing, since Macs don't have a typical bios. It's hard to explain exactly, but there is probably a lot more info on reddit.com/r/hackintosh

7 minutes ago, VLONE said:

And should I wait to have the amd GPU before starting, or can i install the OS and replace the GPU later on?

Just as notice here. Acquiring OS without owning Mac yourself is piracy. Apple doesn't distribute just OS, you will need to own their hardware in order to get OS. Discussion of any other ways to acquire OS will be treated as piracy.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 4/9/2020 at 1:41 PM, LogicalDrm said:

Just as notice here. Acquiring OS without owning Mac yourself is piracy. Apple doesn't distribute just OS, you will need to own their hardware in order to get OS. Discussion of any other ways to acquire OS will be treated as piracy.

I'm aware of this and as mentioned I planned to own an Official MAC OS. However, theres literally an "Ultimate Hackintosh Build Guide" on the platform.