My DDR4 ram isn’t clicking into my motherboard

Go to solution Solved by mariushm,

Take it out.

Make sure the hole in the ram edge matches with the notch in the slot (near the center of the slot)

Wiggle the stick of ram a bit to make sure both ends are inside the channel of the slot.

Put one finger on both sides of the stick (i usually use my two big fingers, i use both hands) and press straight down with a bit of firmness (but not so hard that you'd break the stick or bend it) .... imagine a bit stronger than inserting a connector into the motherboard.

In your case, as you have latch only on one side, the other end may lift up a bit when the latch clicks, so keep pressure on both ends of the stick when you press down and that will solve the issue.

It's perfectly normal to take up to 20-30 seconds for a system to boot the first time you build it.

Also, make sure you plug the monitor cable into the proper video card ... if your processor doesn't have integrated graphics, the video connectors on the io shield (on the motherboard) won't work you need to plug the monitor cable into the video card plugged into a pci-e slot.

See 0:50  that's how I do it:

I just bought a new ram for my PC I tried to put it in but it wasn’t clicking so I tried to put my old ram and still it’s not clicking i

1 minute ago, Ozan said:

I just bought a new ram for my PC I tried to put it in but it wasn’t clicking so I tried to put my old ram and still it’s not clicking i

Are you sure you're trying to insert it in the right orientation? 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Yes I checked twice I am placing it the right orientation, and there is only 1 click not 2

1 minute ago, Ozan said:

Yes I checked twice I am placing it the right orientation, and there is only 1 click not 2

Did you undo the latches on both sides?

There’s only 1 latch and I i opennes it yes 

Put the non locking side in first. Assuming you have a proper board.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

clicking is made by the latches ... if your slots have only 1, then one click will happen

insert in slot, press on both sides straight down and ram will lock in slot and you should hear that click

some slots don't click at all.

some slots don't have latch on side with video card slot because video card length could block the latch or prevent card insertion.

The ram is on but it doesn’t click on so it can fall out, I don’t want to put pressure on it so it doesn’t t break

F4E503CC-E8BF-4560-9442-68EC7A23CCB3.jpeg

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

clicking is made by the latches ... if your slots have only 1, then one click will happen

insert in slot, press on both sides straight down and ram will lock in slot and you should hear that click

some slots don't click at all.

some slots don't have latch on side with video card slot because video card length could block the latch or prevent card insertion.

The latch doesn’t click on 

Right now without any ram it’s like this 1 latch that is open image.thumb.jpg.6e6066282c9724c46b59958530057c36.jpg

Hit it with your purse. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

try to add a bit of pressure. it will fit snugly. dont add too much though. easiest way is to insert it flat rather than at an angle.

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

put pressure on both sides. only the side with the latch should click.

you have to use a bit of force with this, it's not like inserting a cpu or a usb drive. 

Now there it is saying no signal and my keyboard and mouse isn’t light up

image.jpg

if the ram isnt seated fully, it really wont post. you need to fully put it in.

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

It clicked it I heard it I’ll send you the picture of the motherboard with the ram intact 

3 minutes ago, MartinKweh said:

if the ram isnt seated fully, it really wont post. you need to fully put it in.

Isn’t that fully in 

image.jpg

Take it out.

Make sure the hole in the ram edge matches with the notch in the slot (near the center of the slot)

Wiggle the stick of ram a bit to make sure both ends are inside the channel of the slot.

Put one finger on both sides of the stick (i usually use my two big fingers, i use both hands) and press straight down with a bit of firmness (but not so hard that you'd break the stick or bend it) .... imagine a bit stronger than inserting a connector into the motherboard.

In your case, as you have latch only on one side, the other end may lift up a bit when the latch clicks, so keep pressure on both ends of the stick when you press down and that will solve the issue.

It's perfectly normal to take up to 20-30 seconds for a system to boot the first time you build it.

Also, make sure you plug the monitor cable into the proper video card ... if your processor doesn't have integrated graphics, the video connectors on the io shield (on the motherboard) won't work you need to plug the monitor cable into the video card plugged into a pci-e slot.

See 0:50  that's how I do it:

Thank you, Thank You so much I was clicking the latch in didn’t know it clicked in by its self that video was sooooo helpfullll Thankkk youuuu veryyyyy muchhhh 😊😊😊