sound card

airbus

How would a usb to spdif be an upgrade for a sound card?

I mean there is an upgrade to sound without wasting my sound card.

same reason you got a rig with a gpu so whats the upgrade? sli/xfire add another. something like that.

Live your life like a dream.

I mean there is an upgrade to sound without wasting my sound card.

same reason you got a rig with a gpu so whats the upgrade? sli/xfire add another. something like that.

no, it doesn't work like that.   the sound card only has one dac and windows will only use one dac,  you cannot add another and even if you could there would be no benefit as any single dac on the market now has already significantly surpassed other limitations of the signal path and that's not including human perception.  A USB to spdif would bypass your sound card altogether.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

no, it doesn't work like that.   the sound card only has one dac and windows will only use one dac,  you cannot add another and even if you could there would be no benefit as any single dac on the market now has already significantly surpassed other limitations of the signal path and that's not including human perception.  A USB to spdif would bypass your sound card altogether.

yes it will bypass my sound card. It should ^_^.

but I'm all for the extra look with stuff being crowded in my rig = a +1 for me. It's not illogical nor a wise decision but I saw someone with it and I liked the way it look = me buy = me happy = all that matters. :)

I liked the way it look = me buy = me happy = all that matters. :)

While that is just fine, it doesn't justify anything you've said so far in this thread in regards to recommendations to the OP.

While that is just fine, it doesn't justify anything you've said so far in this thread in regards to recommendations to the OP.

um regards to recommending stuff to OP somewhere in the 1st page.

Advice = no need for a sound card

if want = essence stx (my only decent sound card that I have experience in besides the one that came with my old hp pavilion pentium 4 pc) 

the rest were just some stuff other people and I are talking about. as I don't like recommending stuff I have no hand held experience on.

well a asus xonar essence stx if you got a mid budget with a really HIGH quality cans = improvement. 

not only is it an improvement of the sound but it also improves your wallets standing from high to low.

Advice = no need for a sound card

if want = essence stx (my only decent sound card that I have experience in besides the one that came with my old hp pavilion pentium 4 pc) 

the rest were just some stuff other people and I are talking about. as I don't like recommending stuff I have no hand held experience on.

seemslegit.jpg

yes it will bypass my sound card. It should ^_^.

but I'm all for the extra look with stuff being crowded in my rig = a +1 for me. It's not illogical nor a wise decision but I saw someone with it and I liked the way it look = me buy = me happy = all that matters. :)

but you said:

"as I said other upgrades to it would be a usb to spdif for the dac to the stx for a much better quality"

which implies you think you can improve the STX with a usb to spdif.  I think you should probably stop posting now before someone reads your posts and spends real money on the something they don't need or can't use.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.