need a case and psu

RitualWOW
Go to solution Solved by Oalei,
1 minute ago, RitualWOW said:

california

Well cases pricing isn't really that much differ from each other so I chose this 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/vYp323/cougar-mx330-atx-mid-tower-case-mx330

For psu I think there is only one choice and it's this

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Q7L7YJ/corsair-cx-2017-450w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-cp-9020120-na

hello so im bulding a new PC i need a psu and case my mobo i micro atx my gpu is the 1050 ti so not big at all and my budget is 80 bucks its not alot and is it doable? i dont really care about looks just thermals 

i mean i would like a window on it.

15 minutes ago, Oalei said:

Where do you live? 

california

1 minute ago, RitualWOW said:

california

Well cases pricing isn't really that much differ from each other so I chose this 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Q7L7YJ/corsair-cx-2017-450w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-cp-9020120-na

56 minutes ago, Oalei said:

is there any without the mail in rebate? i never done one and how long does it usually take?

2 hours ago, RitualWOW said:

is there any without the mail in rebate? i never done one and how long does it usually take?

You can just not use the rebate :D iI think it's auto? I'm not in the US so I never have a rebate going on. 

Hey there, methinks it would help a bunch if you could post your system specs here? (PC Part Picker is an excellent site for planning/showing off builds.) With that, we would know the estimated power consumption and general size of your system, and it'd be easier to recommend whatever case and PSU would be best suited in your situation. Also, is that $80 (USD) an overall amount to be spent on both your case and PSU, or $80 for each separate component?

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

5 hours ago, Eschew said:

Hey there, methinks it would help a bunch if you could post your system specs here? (PC Part Picker is an excellent site for planning/showing off builds.) With that, we would know the estimated power consumption and general size of your system, and it'd be easier to recommend whatever case and PSU would be best suited in your situation. Also, is that $80 (USD) an overall amount to be spent on both your case and PSU, or $80 for each separate component?

it's 80 bucks for both im on a tight budget my PC specs are ryzen 5 1600 af default cooler t force 3200mhz 16gb and 1050 ti I'm on a phone so sorry for any mistakes

47 minutes ago, RitualWOW said:

it's 80 bucks for both im on a tight budget my PC specs are ryzen 5 1600 af default cooler t force 3200mhz 16gb and 1050 ti I'm on a phone so sorry for any mistakes

PCPartPicker Part List

Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($44.99 @ Best Buy) 
Power Supply: be quiet! System Power U9 400 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($46.00 @ Amazon) 
Total: $90.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-03-17 04:03 EDT-0400

i can get it down to 91 $ with a worthwhile case and PSU. 

Thanks for the info! I fiddled around with PC Part Picker and OuterVision's Power Supply Calculator, and your build seems to draw around 240 W - 290 W of power. With your budget, you'd probably be good with a 350 W - 650 W PSU. Here are my suggestions:

PSU Suggestions

Rule of Thumb: Please do not cheap out on your PSU, you don't want it blowing up on you.

• Corsair CV 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX PSU ($42.98 w/Rebate on Newegg): I'm not an expert on PSUs, so I used the PSU Tier List 4.0 by LukeSavenije to gauge its worth and reliability. This 650 W PSU is ranked a Tier B, is probably more than adequate for a build using 240 W - 290 W, and it's 80+ Bronze efficiency rating is a plus. The higher the efficiency, the less electricity that is wasted (and, theoretically, the lower your electricity bill).
  • Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX PSU ($43.98 w/Rebate at Newegg): I agree with @Oalei, this seems like a solid choice as well. It's ranked a Tier B+, is sufficient for a 240 W - 290 W system, and has an 80+ Bronze efficiency rating as well.

Case Suggestions

Unfortunately, the PSUs I suggested are both non-modular (modular pushes the price up), so your cable management isn't going to be fun with either of these Micro-ATX cases. Also, both cases seem to be out of stock on Newegg's site, but may be available elsewhere.

• Rosewill FBM-01 ($29.99 on Newegg): 2 x USB 2.0 Ports, 1 x 120mm fan and 1 x 80mm fan installed, 2 x 3.5" drive bays, subpar airflow (front intake).
  • DEEPCOOL MATREXX 30 ($30.99 on Newegg): 1 x USB 3.0 and 1 x USB 2.0 Ports, TG side panel, 1 x 120mm fan installed, 3 x 3.5" drive bays and 2 x 2.5" drive bays, good airflow.

Total Cost: $72.97 - $74.97, not accounting for taxes and shipping.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

20 hours ago, RitualWOW said:

17 hours ago, Oalei said:

You can just not use the rebate :D iI think it's auto? I'm not in the US so I never have a rebate going on. 

It takes about 8-12 weeks from the time you put the UPC code form the box in the mail till they get you the MIR debit card. 

10 hours ago, Eschew said:

Case Suggestions

Unfortunately, the PSUs I suggested are both non-modular (modular pushes the price up), so your cable management isn't going to be fun with either of these Micro-ATX cases.

While more of a challenge, it's not impossible. I'd post photos but the forums are glitched so I'll just point to RGB Build 2019 in my signature as a good example of a non modular PSU in a Q300L. That being said, cases like the Thermaltake Vera H18 TG definitely offers a more "brain dead" cable management experience (though nowhere near ideal, it doesnt have nearly enough tie down point punchout in the motherboard tray)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25