Cooler master masterwatt 450w bronze enough for gtx 970 ?

Pomfrit

Some people say 450w is enough for 970 and some say its not.. what should i do is it enough or not ?

47 minutes ago, freeagent said:

No problem man, sorry about my initial post. I just woke up and browsing when I saw that. Then I pictured running my x58 with 970 on a 450w psu and was like jeebus no way I would run that. I have hurt a couple 850w units with that rig, but with gtx 580s. Also for those reading, I did not mean to insult you if I did, you can’t hear my tone so things get lost in translation. I am by no means a know it all, all of my parts are old, and they can hate Mother Nature, and polar bears. 

no worries man :P just making sure cuz now im really confused and i checked other forums and some say 450w is enough for 970 and some say its not... can yu help please

Honestly, just keep an eye on it. Stick your hand at the back of the psu to make sure it’s not putting out a lot  of heat, which would be a sign that it is overloaded. Keep your hdd count down to a minimum and you should be ok, and maybe don’t overclock it..

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN8501TB, SN850X2TB
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14, TL-D14X

1 minute ago, freeagent said:

Honestly, just keep an eye on it. Stick your hand at the back of the psu to make sure it’s not putting out a lot  of heat, which would be a sign that it is overloaded. Keep your hdd count down to a minimum and you should be ok, and maybe don’t overclock it..

Dang... sounds too risky:/ thanks tho

3 hours ago, Sir0Tek said:

It doesn't matter if it's white, bronze, gold or platinum, that's just the efficiency-rating.

higher efficiency wastes less power so more to give out. they say its a output but its gotta be affected somewhat as its a curve and due to temperatures etc.

1 minute ago, The Torrent said:

higher efficiency wastes less power so more to give out. they say its a output but its gotta be affected somewhat as its a curve and due to temperatures etc.

Efficiency rating has nothing to do with quality though. Your wording seems to indicate that it does.

26 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

First part yes, 2nd part no - how and why? That is more a question of its design in general.

And both of it is completely irrelevant considering the question whether it will or will not be suitable for the task.

3 hours ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Efficiency rating has nothing to do with quality though. Your wording seems to indicate that it does.

i disagree. you aint gonna find a higher quality bronze than a low quality titanium are you

3 hours ago, Sir0Tek said:

First part yes, 2nd part no - how and why? That is more a question of its design in general.

And both of it is completely irrelevant considering the question whether it will or will not be suitable for the task.

first part of my original response answered it.

i think its fine.

14 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

i disagree. you aint gonna find a higher quality bronze than a low quality titanium are you

Efficiency<>(build) quality. You could try comparing the Corsair Vengeance with the Sama Forza Titanium.

15 minutes ago, Sir0Tek said:

Efficiency<>(build) quality. You could try comparing the Corsair Vengeance with the Sama Forza Titanium.

comparing a silver and gold there not a bronze and titanium.

3 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

comparing a silver and gold there not a bronze and titanium.

Did you check the Silverstone-link I have added? Do I really have to add a review of a bronze-psu for you to understand that efficiency is not (build) quality or are you on your own able to evaluate your stance?

2 minutes ago, Sir0Tek said:

Did you check the Silverstone-link I have added? Do I really have to add a review of a bronze-psu for you to understand that efficiency is not (build) quality or are you on your own able to evaluate your stance?

no didnt see no link

we talking about build quality here or performance?

8 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

no didnt see no link

we talking about build quality here or performance?

44 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

It was you bringing the quality into the pit. Performance is measured in watts. Efficiency is measured in percent.

8 hours ago, Pomfrit said:

Star wars fallen order

witcher 3

battlefield 5

devil may cry 5

Dbz kakarot

and more to come

Witcher 3 was brilliant on my 970, and it was a card that overclocked like total crap. Damn I miss my 970, that was such a great card. For newer games the 970 tends to perform at about the level of an RX 570 4GB, just slightly lower.

8 hours ago, Pomfrit said:

Some people say 450w is enough for 970 and some say its not.. what should i do is it enough or not ?

In Anandtech's review of the GTX 970 they measured 300W total system power consumption in Crysis 3, a game that hits both the gpu and cpu hard, in a system with an overclocked i7-4960x. That's a cpu with a massive 130W stock power consumption, much less what it consumes when overclocked.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/8568/the-geforce-gtx-970-review-feat-evga/15

That seems like a ton of headroom to me.

55 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Witcher 3 was brilliant on my 970, and it was a card that overclocked like total crap. Damn I miss my 970, that was such a great card. For newer games the 970 tends to perform at about the level of an RX 570 4GB, just slightly lower.

Yeah dude :) went with a gtx 1060 6gb now.. already ordered hope it will perform good too

18 hours ago, Sir0Tek said:

It was you bringing the quality into the pit. Performance is measured in watts. Efficiency is measured in percent.

There’s quality of electronic components such as which caps they use.

and more often than not a titanium is gonna have higher quality caps than a bronze.

3 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

There’s quality of electronic components such as which caps they use.

and more often than not a titanium is gonna have higher quality caps than a bronze.

Correlation vs causation...