If I use 2 wifi adapters instead of one will it be better,

person223

What would happen if i used 2 wifi adapters instead of one. Will my internet be faster. Or slower. Also How do i setup if it is worth while

You choose which adapter to run off of.

One at a time.

If you need better internet connection, get a better wifi card, ethernet, or an AP

-Moved to Networking-

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

You choose which adapter to run off of.

One at a time.

If you need better internet connection, get a better wifi card, ethernet, or an AP

-Moved to Networking-

So I can't use 2 at once.

14 minutes ago, person223 said:

What about the add to bridge function. Why Can't I use that.1724191841_Annotation2020-02-29185343.thumb.jpg.f16c912256b1a21ca31ea6306c293eb8.jpg

Bridge is for sharing a wifi connection to a wired device normally, you don't want that

Whats your network setup. Normally you want a better isp connection or a better wifi setup.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

You're kind of just asking random questions without any real technical comprehension.

What is your internet package speed and what issues are you having?

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

58 minutes ago, beersykins said:

You're kind of just asking random questions without any real technical comprehension.

What is your internet package speed and what issues are you having?

no problems. I just wanted to see if i could increase my speed.

11 hours ago, person223 said:

no problems. I just wanted to see if i could increase my speed.

Pay more money to your isp, that's how you get faster internet. Change to a wired network interface if you want faster network speeds. 

47 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

Pay more money to your isp, that's how you get faster internet. Change to a wired network interface if you want faster network speeds. 

I know that already

Hey person223,

It would be helpful if you told us your system specs, i.e.:

Laptop or desktop

Motherboard =

CPU =

System memory =

Wired LAN adapter =

WiFi adapter=

This will help people tell if the problem is with your ISP speeds or old hardware that need to be updated. Also, run an internet speed test, (just Google it), and post your speed test results.

We understand what your asking, but the short answer is 'no". Upgrading you WiFi adapter is usually the best way to go.

48 minutes ago, person223 said:

I know that already

Your limiting point will always be at your modem/router. Most access points provide much more potential speed than what you're getting from your ISP, so even if could find a way to utilize two separate wireless adapters on the same computer and combine the WAN communication between the two, your internet speed would not change.

There are special routers (usually for more complex network setups where uptime reliability is needed) that can load-balance two or more WAN/internet connections so that you can have a backup if one fails. Linus did a video some time ago on an "aggregation" type setup on combining the speed of 2 different WAN connections. However, it might be more cost-effective to just upgrade your internet package through your ISP.

There are other steps you can take to optimize your existing network:

1. Run hardwire/ethernet between your computers and the switch/router if possible. The reliability and speed (especially if you're able to get gigabit) is much better than WiFi can provide at this point.
  2. Offload routing/switching tasks from combination gateway devices to dedicated routers/switches. This frees up the gateway to using its CPU for just "modem tasks".
  3. Setting up multiple access points at low-to-medium power output should generally give you better network performance than a single AP at full power. However, not everyone can have this kind of setup. So drop the signal strength of your existing wireless radios, change the wireless channels to one that isn't being used or is less crowded and use a narrower channel width if you're in a crowded wireless neighbourhood.

15 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

Your limiting point will always be at your modem/router. Most access points provide much more potential speed than what you're getting from your ISP, so even if could find a way to utilize two separate wireless adapters on the same computer and combine the WAN communication between the two, your internet speed would not change.

You should also let us know what POS WiFi router your ISP has dumped on you. Some ISP's will give you something decent that you can tweak a little. Most give you crap that has been neutered to the point that it's unusable. Also, what package do you have from your ISP? I'm with Bell here in Quebec. My package is 50/10. I get 50 Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload. This will also help us determine what your actual problem is. Telling us your actual ISP would be useful also.

Ok so I need to find out my 

-ISP provider =

-Motherboard =

-CPU =

-System memory =

-Wired LAN adapter =

-WiFi adapter=

- Router Information =

- Pos Wifi router =

Is that everything i need to find out or is there more

5 minutes ago, zogthegreat said:

You should also let us know what POS WiFi router your ISP has dumped on you. Some ISP's will give you something decent that you can tweak a little. Most give you crap that has been neutered to the point that it's unusable. Also, what package to your have from your ISP? I'm with Bell here in Quebec. My package is 50/10. I get 50 Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload. This will also help us determine what your actual problem is. Telling us your actual ISP would be useful also.

This, too.

That's a good starting point that will let people know what you are working with. If someone needs more info, they will ask you for it.

9 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

This, too.

What is a "package to your isp"

4 minutes ago, person223 said:

What is a "package to your isp"

The speed of internet you're supposed to get from your ISP based on how much you pay per month for your internet. Keep in mind this speed is "up to" meaning your ISP cannot guarantee you'll always get the full speeds you're paying for.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Okay I can see that OP doesn't know anything about networking... 

To make things simple here... Two wireless dongles or connections will not make your internet faster. The reason? They work on seperate drivers and unless you custom code your own drivers (which is impossible because of encryption and driver compatibility) you're not going to get any faster. 

Solution:

Go to your ISP for faster internet

Get a better router with dual band or tri band

Make sure any cable connections are using CAT6 or CAT6e and are connected to a 1gigabit port on both ends. 

You can also play around with caching but I don't think you know how to do that or what it is judging on your previous posts, 

Hope this helps. 

On 3/1/2020 at 11:42 AM, person223 said:

Ok so I need to find out my 

-ISP provider =

-Motherboard =

-CPU =

-System memory =

-Wired LAN adapter =

-WiFi adapter=

- Router Information =

- Pos Wifi router =

Is that everything i need to find out or is there more

-ISP provider = Xffinity

-Motherboard = Asrock b450 pro -f

-CPU = ryzen 5 2600

-System memory = 2x8 gigabyte trident z rgb 3000mhz

-Wired LAN adapter = Idk what this is

-WiFi adapter= Asus PCE-AC55BT PCI-E

- Router Information = Linksys WRT54GS

- Pos Wifi router = ( I will find out later)

1 hour ago, person223 said:

-ISP provider = Xffinity

-Motherboard = Asrock b450 pro -f

-CPU = ryzen 5 2600

-System memory = 2x8 gigabyte trident z rgb 3000mhz

-Wired LAN adapter = Idk what this is

-WiFi adapter= Asus PCE-AC55BT PCI-E

- Router Information = Linksys WRT54GS

- Pos Wifi router = ( I will find out later)

What level of service do you have from the isp? How many mbs up and down? And how much are you actually getting? Run a speed test and share the results. 

44 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

What level of service do you have from the isp? How many mbs up and down? And how much are you actually getting? Run a speed test and share the results. 

My laptop - I get 17.96 down and 5.01 up 

My pc - I get 4.95 down and 2.54 up

All of this is according to speedtest.net

Also on steam (While downloading something) I get around 1.1 to 1.7 and sometimes (Almost barley at  2.4 or around there usually this happens when no one is on the network) 

Click on the Windows icon in the bottom left of your display and type Device Manager. Open Device Manager and click on the arrow to expand Network adapters. Click on the Windows icon again and type snipping tool. Use snipping tool to take a screen shot of your networking adapter section like in the picture below.

network_adapters.PNG

12 hours ago, zogthegreat said:

Click on the Windows icon in the bottom left of your display and type Device Manager. Open Device Manager and click on the arrow to expand Network adapters. Click on the Windows icon again and type snipping tool. Use snipping tool to take a screen shot of your networking adapter section like in the picture below.

network_adapters.PNG

Better solution if using windows 10

WIN-Shift-S