1660s vs 2060s

stach

Hello,

I am deciding if I should buy the gtx 1660 super or if I should save up for the rtx 2060 super. It's about a €200 price difference in my area. 

My system now:

cpu:                 amd ryzen 3600

memory:          gskill trident z 16gb (2x8) 3200

motherboard:   msi x570 gaming plus

psu:                 corsair 650x

storage:           samsung 860 qvo

gpu:                 gtx 1050 single fan

I'd go for 2060 Super. At least that has a chance of aging well into the next console gen since it has RT support an might be competitive with a hypothetical 9.2 TFLOPS Navi 2 gpu rumored to be in the PS5 since it's not too far behind the 9.765 TFLOPS RX 5700 XT (the 5700 XT is about 9% faster than the 2060 Super at 1440p in techpowerup's latest benchmarks).

The 2060 super is good and all, but 200€ more is a pretty huge jump in price. What models are you comparing, and what are their prices?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

The 2060 super is good and all, but 200€ more is a pretty huge jump in price. What models are you comparing, and what are their prices?

for the gtx 1660s I am still diciding between the

-Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Super Gaming OC 6G

-MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER GAMING X

-Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Super TUF 3 Gaming 6G

wich are all €300 for me

and for the rtx 2060s

-MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Super Gaming XC

-ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2060 Super Gaming OC 8G

and they are both 490 for me.

That's a pretty big price increase for the 2060, might be worth it just to stick to the 1660 super. What's your performance target?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

That's a pretty big price increase for the 2060, might be worth it just to stick to the 1660 super. What's your performance target?

1080p 

144hz

1 minute ago, stach said:

1080p 

144hz

The 1660 super would be pretty good at that in the majority of modern titles.

Primary PC:

Just now, Fasauceome said:

The 1660 super would be pretty good at that in the majority of modern titles.

okey thanks for the help

1 hour ago, stach said:

okey thanks for the help

1660Super can't even play Control at 1080p60 on high settings.

Just now, Bitter said:

What is your budget and are you considering used parts?

I'm still deciding what my budget is actually and I would rather not have used parts.

22 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

1660Super can't even play Control at 1080p60 on high settings.

Yes true but that is an exeption. It can play most games on more than 60 fps 1080p.

and I'm not planning on playing control.

Just now, stach said:

I'm still deciding what my budget is actually and I would rather not have used parts.

Fair enough. What case are you using and with what fans? Good airflow, medium airflow, or poor airflow? How sensitive to computer noise are you?

The 2060S has on average about 35% more fps in games than the 1660 Super. Now with the prices you provided that comes at the cost of about a 39% increase in price.

So I think it is pretty close to being worth it.

Even here in the USA the price difference is very similar.

You could also look at the 2060KO offering which should be much closer in price to the 1660 super while also providing a substantial fps jump. It would probably be a much better price/performance option.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/evga-geforce-rtx-2060-ko/35.html

So it would be about 70-80 more, but provide a pretty significant performance bump.

1 minute ago, Bitter said:

Fair enough. What case are you using and with what fans? Good airflow, medium airflow, or poor airflow? How sensitive to computer noise are you?

I'm using the nzxt h510 with the stock fans.

and I have my fan configuration on balanced.

Would you consider either 5600xt or 5700xt? The sapphire pulse models are pretty competitively priced in EU, and they have an upper-mid tier cooling solution, decent PCB with enough power phases.

You can decrease temperatures and fan speed via some fine-tuning (undervolting) on both Radeon and Turing cards btw. I'd get an 5700xt, though the 5600xt is also sweet in terms of price to performance.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

19 minutes ago, stach said:

Yes true but that is an exeption. It can play most games on more than 60 fps 1080p.

and I'm not planning on playing control.

What do you plan on playing? Do you think Cyberpunk 2077 will be any easier to run, for example?

52 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

Would you consider either 5600xt or 5700xt? The sapphire pulse models are pretty competitively priced in EU, and they have an upper-mid tier cooling solution, decent PCB with enough power phases.

You can decrease temperatures and fan speed via some fine-tuning (undervolting) on both Radeon and Turing cards btw. I'd get an 5700xt, though the 5600xt is also sweet in terms of price to performance.

I will look into it thank you

41 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

What do you plan on playing? Do you think Cyberpunk 2077 will be any easier to run, for example?

I don't really know but I don't really mind playing at a bit lower settings for some AAA games.

I am at the moment a big fan of ark but that changes pretty quickly.