Alternative to Shadowplay?

Go to solution Solved by Lord Pantaloons,

There are plenty of recording programs out there but not any that have such a small impact on performance while recording. Though that only matters if you have an Nvidia GPU that is compatible with Shadowplay. If you have an AMD GPU you will be forced to use a more traditional recording program that has a harsh performance hit.

Hi all, I was wondering if there was another recording software that has something similar to Nvidia's "shadow recording" feature. I don't want terabytes of data crashing down on my hard drive as I'm trying to do the same thing, except in 4k. Does anybody have any idea?

Hi all, I was wondering if there was another recording software that has something similar to Nvidia's "shadow recording" feature. I don't want terabytes of data crashing down on my hard drive as I'm trying to do the same thing, except in 4k. Does anybody have any idea?

Not sure about being similar to Shadowplay but there are DxTory and Fraps.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

EVGA Precision and the MSI Equivalent do have it (not sure if its out of beta)

My Rig:

OS: MSX CPU:Intel i5 4690K RAM: 16GB Averix Core Series  GPU: XFX R9 280X SSD:128GB Crucial M4 Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z97N Wifi Powersupply: Corsair HX750 CPU Cooler: Corsair H60i Case: Corsair 250D Monitors: Asus VE278 and Asus VW202 Keyboard: Steel Series 6G V2 Mouse: CM Sentinel Advanced Audio: Objective 2 ODAC Headphones: Senheiser HD595

There are plenty of recording programs out there but not any that have such a small impact on performance while recording. Though that only matters if you have an Nvidia GPU that is compatible with Shadowplay. If you have an AMD GPU you will be forced to use a more traditional recording program that has a harsh performance hit.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

this

there is no 'alternate' 

Error: 410

the msi gaming one has something ^_^.

well If you got a very high end gpu then even using traditional recording programs won't be much problem unless you're running like 3x gtx 780ti on a c2d.

Live your life like a dream.

I think maybe what the TS wants is a program to be constantly recording, and can save the last 5 minutes or so.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

Thank you for all the replies!

I guess I'll have to just save up and go with Nvidia's option then.

Seems like all the traditional recording softwares really destroy performance...