TouchStadia: You can now play Stadia on Android with on-screen controls!

Articles: The Verge, Android Central, 9to5Google, XDA Developers, Android Police, Android Headlines, and Stadia Source

Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Stadia/comments/f8e33w/touchstadia_you_can_now_play_stadia_on_android/

Hi folks!

I recently got TouchStadia working for Android, and it seems that many people are enjoying being able to play Stadia with on-screen controls! I think that TouchStadia works pretty well, though I am obviously biased as the developer. I hope that you're able to give it a shot if you have a Stadia account, and to draw your own conclusions about it! Here's a video of TouchStadia working on Android:

spacer.png

Here are some quotes from the linked articles:

The Verge:

TouchStadia adds a controller directly to your phone’s screen, essentially turning any game into a touch-based experience. Although it’s hard to replicate the feeling of a controller or keyboard, especially for games that require precision, it’s a worthwhile substitution for those who are looking for a fast and easy fix. The feature has to be enabled manually in Chrome on Android and installed via an extension while browsing in desktop mode; its GitHub page has full instructions.

9to5Google:

TouchStadia is built on web technology, using browser APIs to create a touchable visual overlay over your Google Stadia stream, adding buttons and making the left and right halves of the screen into giant invisible thumbsticks. To make this possible, TouchStadia requires you to use Google Stadia’s web app instead of the Android app, which means there’s no restriction on what phone you can play from.

XDA Developers:

Granted, using on-screen controls is an inferior experience to using a dedicated hardware controller. But having the option itself is a massive plus point, and Google failed to provide this option. Imposing limitations was the theme around Stadia’s rollout, so this wasn’t entirely surprising.

I hope posting content created by myself is appropriate in this forum! Cheers!

No thanks.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

32 minutes ago, Pascal... said:

No thanks.

maybe if its a tablet but then its still aint gonna be too great

✨FNIGE✨

I can see the use in this but stadia still has two problems for me

1: the latency is insane

2: it’s google.  They data mine.

It is a step forward but The two top ones remain deal breakers.  It doesn’t matter how awesome other features of stadia might be, until the other problems get addressed it just doesn’t matter.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

No. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I thought that Stadia finally worked on non-Pixel phones at first.

Naw, just touch controls.

16 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

Stadia is still a thing?

Still? Are you implying that it was a thing at some point?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

13 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Still? Are you implying that it was a thing at some point?

My mistake, apologies 

On 2/24/2020 at 10:35 PM, Bombastinator said:

I can see the use in this but stadia still has two problems for me

1: the latency is insane

2: it’s google.  They data mine.

It is a step forward but The two top ones remain deal breakers.  It doesn’t matter how awesome other features of stadia might be, until the other problems get addressed it just doesn’t matter.

have you tried it? i've been playing since launch and latency has never been an issue for me

@Nowak they expanded it to galaxy phones since the s8 as well as the rog and razr phones

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL