Should i upgrade from Ryzen 1600 to 3600?

As the title stated above.

What do you guys think?

The reason i'm considering the upgrade is because my rig no longer hit 200 fps avg on CSGO, it sometimes went as low as 110-120ish (all settings on low).

My specs:

AMD Ryzen 1600 @3.75ghz

2x8GB ram 2400mhz

GTX1060 6GB

B350m Bazooka

SSD Sandisk Plus 240gb ( CSGO installed on SSD)

Wait... so it USED to work fine but you’re getting 50% slowdowns?  That sounds like something other than the CPU.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Wait... so it USED to work fine but you’re getting 50% slowdowns?  That sounds like something other than the CPU.

Well, it's not a 50% slowdown because i still hit 170-180 fps on average (a lil bit higher on dust2 and mirage), but the 1% low is terrible. 

No. Wait for the 4600. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

4 minutes ago, m777y said:

switch cpu to i5 9600k/kf

Intel is not on my list because it means I have to get a new motherboard and a new CPU cooler. With Ryzen 3600 i can continue on my current B350m and the stock cooler is pretty good. 

31 minutes ago, Swallowtail said:

Well, it's not a 50% slowdown because i still hit 170-180 fps on average (a lil bit higher on dust2 and mirage), but the 1% low is terrible. 

Computers don’t get slower spontaneously.  Something has to change.   My move would be to find out what changed.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Soooo, what is your monitor?

Because even if you went from 200 to 100 fps, if you have a 60hz monitor, it ain't gonna change much. At that point it's basically just for e-peen status.

I'd wait for the 4000 series later this year if I were you. That way not only would the 3000 series go down in price, but you'd have more options for better performances if you do want to shell out more money for the 4000 series. 

Also, if you can, maybe upgrade the RAM to at least DDR4-3000 or higher. (Though I am aware that first gen Zen CPUs were a bit lacking on the memory controller, do so only if and when you upgrade the CPU)

AMD Ryzen CPUs benefits a lot from faster RAM, unlike Intel CPUs.

Quite frankly, I'd say something changed, either with CSGO itself or with a recent driver update, which caused your performances to go down like that. So maybe look into that before buying new stuff.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

8 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Soooo, what is your monitor?

Because even if you went from 200 to 100 fps, if you have a 60hz monitor, it ain't gonna change much. At that point it's basically just for e-peen status.

I'd wait for the 4000 series later this year if I were you. That way not only would the 3000 series go down in price, but you'd have more options for better performances if you do want to shell out more money for the 4000 series. 

Also, if you can, maybe upgrade the RAM to at least DDR4-3000 or higher. (Though I am aware that first gen Zen CPUs were a bit lacking on the memory controller, do so only if and when you upgrade the CPU)

AMD Ryzen CPUs benefits a lot from faster RAM, unlike Intel CPUs.

Quite frankly, I'd say something changed, either with CSGO itself or with a recent driver update, which caused your performances to go down like that. So maybe look into that before buying new stuff.

I have a 144hz monitor, so when the game goes under 144 fps, I can feel the difference and sometimes I felt dizzy. When I first built my rig, I would get a stable 200 fps and maybe 160fps 1%low on stock clock. Either it's the CSGO update that makes the game requires a heavier rig to run a stable 200fps, or it's my drivers. Maybe i'll try and troubleshoot first.