5700 xt not showing as PCI-e 4.0

I just built a new system whether MSIX570 motherboard and MSI 5700 Xt graphics card ryzen 7 2700x. On my Adrenalin, the graphics card is showing up as PCIE 3.0, and the bus is showing as a 4.0 when I go into bios I change it to Gen. 4, but it is not taking. I even did a bios update to the latest bios and still showing up as 3.0 can somebody help on this?

The Ryzen 7 2700X doesn't support PCIe 4.0.

Don't worry about it, there won't be a performance difference between the GPU using PCIe 3.0 and PCIe 4.0. For the most part the only thing that can really take advantage of PCIe 4.0's speed is SSDs.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

2 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

Don't worry about it, there won't be a performance difference between the GPU using PCIe 3.0 and PCIe 4.0. For the most part the only thing that can really take advantage of PCIe 4.0's speed is SSDs.

I didn't know that thank you for the help!

8 hours ago, TheKDub said:

only benefit I could see for pci-e 4 would be if you have a lot of pci-e devices and the video card gets downgraded to x8 due to using up all your lanes elsewhere

3 hours ago, Arrogath said:

only benefit I could see for pci-e 4 would be if you have a lot of pci-e devices and the video card gets downgraded to x8 due to using up all your lanes elsewhere

Even PCIe 3 at 8x is fine

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

PCI-E 3.0 is still difficult to max out. You are fine. Unless you plan to run tons of NVME SSDs.

CPU: AMD Threadripper 2950X 16 Core/ 32 Thread 4.4ghz (XFR)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme

GPU: EVGA GTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

RAM: Quad Channel Gskill Flare X 32GB 2933mhz 14-14-14-34

Case: Corsair Graphite 780T