Need Help With System Reserved

kyluhr

So I just built my first computer, i'll go ahead and list the specs in case they're needed somehow:

ASUS ROG Strix z390-e Gaming

Intel Core i7-8700k @3.7ghz 

Corsair H100i RGB Platinum SE

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro

GeForce RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC 8GB

250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVME PCIe m.2 SSD

4TB Seagate Barracuda Pro 3.5 Inch HDD

The problem is that my system reserved partition is on my 4TB hard drive which prevents me from converting the disk to GPT so I can use the full 4TB of storage. Any ideas or recommendations as to what I can do to get that full 4TB of space? I'm fine with reinstalling windows if it comes down to that I just want my full 4TB of space LOL.

you will have to reinstall windows. but when in the install screen, click custom install. then delete all partitions - this will wipe all data - and start from a blank drive. make sure GPT is selected and install windows.

I would recommend either removing the 4TB drive or disabling the sata port in the bios first before reinstalling Windows, so it certainly puts everything on the nvme SSD.

7 hours ago, AndrewJB said:

I would recommend either removing the 4TB drive or disabling the sata port in the bios first before reinstalling Windows, so it certainly puts everything on the nvme SSD.

This.  When I'm installing an operating system, as well as when doing a disk wipe (like with DBAN) or data recovery / disk cloning, I make doubly / triply sure that I ONLY have the drives connected to the system that I'm working with, and physically unplug everything else.

If I'm installing an OS, that means the drive I'm installing to, and my installation media (USB or optical disk).

If I'm wiping a disk, that means the drive I'm DBANning, and the media holding the software. (In this case I think I'd feel more comfortable with a CD-R or DVD-R instead of a usb that I feel if something went wrong that could be overwritten but an optical -R cannot).

If I'm cloning, or doing data recovery, that would be the disk with the software, the disk I'm cloning / recovering from, and a blank disk I'm cloning / recovering to.