I need help, don't understand how its possible :/

R99
6 hours ago, _Syn_ said:

That should work as well but try turning it off completely if it doesn't :)

I'll give it a try :)

Build: Ryzen 7 3700x @ 4.0GHz, Asus GeForce RTX 2070 Dual EVO OC 8GB, Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB 16GBS DDR4 @ 2933MHz, ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming, Corsair TXM 850W Semi-Modular 80+ Gold PSU, Kingston A400 120GB M.2, WD 1TB Hard Drive - Blue.

6 hours ago, _Syn_ said:

That should work as well but try turning it off completely if it doesn't :)

Another question, does this here mean that my PCIEX16_1 is already running in Gen 3 16x?

Screenshot (9).png

Build: Ryzen 7 3700x @ 4.0GHz, Asus GeForce RTX 2070 Dual EVO OC 8GB, Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB 16GBS DDR4 @ 2933MHz, ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming, Corsair TXM 850W Semi-Modular 80+ Gold PSU, Kingston A400 120GB M.2, WD 1TB Hard Drive - Blue.

Interesting.

What I dont understand is why are you messing with overclocking anything if the system is having any kind of issues?

Set everything to default in the Bios.

The X470 cannot do anything above 2766 MHz RAM without losing stability, so set everything to factory defaults.

Including the CPU.

Install the bare minimum software that you need to run the OS.

Install all drivers from the ASUS site for the MB, and the GPU drivers from the manufacturer site, If you have more than 1 HD, take it out, leave only the OS drive.

After loading the game, set it to minimum graphics settings ( Low)

Run the game.

Another thing I was thinking about is your Network Drivers.. Make sure the NIC drivers are up to date.

AMD is also finicky about the Slot numbers that you should use for the 2 sticks, see your manual and make sure the RAM is in the recommended slots.

1 minute ago, The_Geek said:

Interesting.

What I dont understand is why are you messing with overclocking anything if the system is having any kind of issues?

Set everything to default in the Bios.

The X470 cannot do anything above 2766 MHz RAM without losing stability, so set everything to factory defaults.

Including the CPU.

Install the bare minimum software that you need to run the OS.

Install all drivers from the ASUS site for the MB, and the GPU drivers from the manufacturer site, If you have more than 1 HD, take it out, leave only the OS drive.

After loading the game, set it to minimum graphics settings ( Low)

Run the game.

Another thing I was thinking about is your Network Drivers.. Make sure the NIC drivers are up to date.

AMD is also finicky about the Slot numbers that you should use for the 2 sticks, see your manual and make sure the RAM is in the recommended slots.

Thank you for the suggestions I will 100 percent be sure to try everything you said. I have 2 sticks of ram in A2 and B2 so Im currently using dual channel.

7 minutes ago, R99 said:

Another question, does this here mean that my PCIEX16_1 is already running in Gen 3 16x?

Screenshot (9).png

If you have the M.2 installed, and a HD, that are competing for resources, this can happen.

Like I said, read the manual, x470 will disable some SATA ports if you install the M.2, and also if the GPU is not in Slot 1, or if you have anything else in a PCIe slot, the speed will go down...

If you have the M.2 installed, and a HD, that are competing for resources, this can happen.

Like I said, read the manual, x470 will disable some SATA ports if you install the M.2, and also if the GPU is not in Slot 1, or if you have anything else in a PCIe slot, the speed will go down...

So I have my m.2 in the top slot of the motherboard, I believe it does disable some sata ports and if it does then they are sata 1 and 2 port so I have mine in sata 3. My gpu is also in pcie slot 1 and nothing is occupying the others.

4 minutes ago, The_Geek said:

I believe a fresh install would be great for my PC, just checked my reliablilty montior and seen these errors on 3 days in a row when i first set my pc up

Screenshot (10).png

Screenshot (11).png

Screenshot (12).png

3 minutes ago, R99 said:

So I have my m.2 in the top slot of the motherboard, I believe it does disable some sata ports and if it does then they are sata 1 and 2 port so I have mine in sata 3. My gpu is also in pcie slot 1 and nothing is occupying the others.

That sounds good.

Follow the Default settings suggestion and see what happens..as well.

Just now, The_Geek said:

That sounds good.

Follow the Default settings suggestion and see what happens..as well.

Ofc :) thank you a lot, after yours and Syn suggestion about lower ram speeds I feel like that could be an issue for my system as I also found out when researching, I'll keep you all posted thanks again :)

1 minute ago, R99 said:

I believe a fresh install would be great for my PC, just checked my reliablilty montior and seen these errors on 3 days in a row when i first set my pc up

Screenshot (10).png

Screenshot (11).png

Screenshot (12).png

Agree,

But please ONLY install OS, the DRIVERS, and the Game. DO not install anything else for testing.. Actually I read somewhere in this forum that the Corsait iCUE was really bad for the system...

Agree,

But please ONLY install OS, the DRIVERS, and the Game. DO not install anything else for testing.. Actually I read somewhere in this forum that the Corsait iCUE was really bad for the system...

Okay noted! I'll install my OS fresh, install my gpu driver from the website not from geforce as you suggested and download the chipset drivers ect from asus :)

I also checked my event viewer and seen in the windows logs that I have 4 critical errors for kernel-power...

1 minute ago, R99 said:

Okay noted! I'll install my OS fresh, install my gpu driver from the website not from geforce as you suggested and download the chipset drivers ect from asus :)

I also checked my event viewer and seen in the windows logs that I have 4 critical errors for kernel-power...

Best of Luck... you'll be fine, there is something that you cannot see yet, you will figure it out... May the force be with you !!!

2 minutes ago, The_Geek said:

Best of Luck... you'll be fine, there is something that you cannot see yet, you will figure it out... May the force be with you !!!

Appreicate it! yeah my gf keeps saying "I bet its smth small but you just cant find it" ahaha and I think so aswell because I've tried 2 different gpus, 2 different motherboards, 2 different types of ram and still the same issue ahaha but hopefully I'll figure it out because I dont think its hardware related anymore.

Just now, R99 said:

Appreicate it! yeah my gf keeps saying "I bet its smth small but you just cant find it" ahaha and I think so aswell because I've tried 2 different gpus, 2 different motherboards, 2 different types of ram and still the same issue ahaha but hopefully I'll figure it out because I dont think its hardware related anymore.

What is the source of your OS?

38 minutes ago, The_Geek said:

my m.2 

3 hours ago, The_Geek said:

What Ram speed do you recommend for my x470 board and cpu?

I'm pretty confident it's not a hardware issue, though I might suggest upgrading from a hdd to an ssd for game storage at this point a 1tb ssd can be had for 100$

the stuttering problem though in addition to what you've already said really points to this being a software or driver issue

like others suggested I'd say live boot off a usb and try it from there just to see if it's still happening

if it's not then try a clean install of windows with nothing else then test again, repeat for every couple programs you install afterwards

Spoiler

CPU: TR3960x enermax 360 AIO Mobo: Aorus Master RAM: 128gb ddr4 trident z royal PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w GPU: 5700xt, 5500xt, rx590 Case: c700p black edition Display: Asus MG279Q ETC: Living the VM life many accessories as needed Storage: My personal cluster is now over 100tb!

8 hours ago, R99 said:

Yes it's running at Gen 3 speeds, but the board drops the speed to Gen 1.1 to conserve power when it's not in use, if you click the "?" Icon next to it and start the render test then it will go up to 3.0. (it might be the GPU that controls that speed to conserve power I'm not sure)

8 hours ago, R99 said:

my gf keeps saying "I bet its smth small but you just cant find it"

SORRY ?

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

8 hours ago, The_Geek said:

That's not true, and it's mostly dependent on the CPU rather than the board, though the board does get a play into this, generally Zen+ (Ryzen 2000) CPUs can do up to 3200Mhz or even 3466Mhz in some rare cases but it's not guaranteed to do 3200Mhz+, they're guaranteed for 2933Mhz, though all of them should be able to do 3000Mhz as well.

2766Mhz is not even valid stepping without adjusting the BCLK.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

6 hours ago, R99 said:

What Ram speed do you recommend for my x470 board and cpu?

Just leave it at default... the 2766 was a typo, @_Syn _ may be correct, but I have the same setup, 2700x + x470, and playing with it, 2933 was the most stable on this MB with the 2700x.. but you may have different results....

For now.. just go with the defaults...

9 hours ago, R99 said:

my m.2 

OK, Actually I had asked about the OS  itself, where did you download that from?

Just leave the M.2 in the machine and load the game on that, take the other HD out for testing.

8 hours ago, _Syn_ said:

Yes it's running at Gen 3 speeds, but the board drops the speed to Gen 1.1 to conserve power when it's not in use, if you click the "?" Icon next to it and start the render test then it will go up to 3.0. (it might be the GPU that controls that speed to conserve power I'm not sure)

SORRY ?

Its fine... I knew somebody was going to say it as soon as I said it ? and okay good at least its set to gen 3.0

6 hours ago, The_Geek said:

Just leave it at default... the 2766 was a typo, @_Syn _ may be correct, but I have the same setup, 2700x + x470, and playing with it, 2933 was the most stable on this MB with the 2700x.. but you may have different results....

For now.. just go with the defaults...

Okay I see, I'll try 2133 first then 2933 and hopefully somewhere in between it might help my problem :) 

6 hours ago, The_Geek said:

OK, Actually I had asked about the OS  itself, where did you download that from?

Just leave the M.2 in the machine and load the game on that, take the other HD out for testing.

Oooooh my mistake, I downloaded it onto a usb from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10, I bought the actual cdkey from here https://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/Windows-10-Home-CD-Key-(Digital-Download).html?google=1247273613&gclid=CjwKCAiA4Y7yBRB8EiwADV1had_9A36PhUxk5nQGGyiVsOotPwRkePZEAPBFHXS-htYony7eItTzoxoCZK0QAvD_BwE

9 hours ago, biotoxin said:

I'm pretty confident it's not a hardware issue, though I might suggest upgrading from a hdd to an ssd for game storage at this point a 1tb ssd can be had for 100$

the stuttering problem though in addition to what you've already said really points to this being a software or driver issue

like others suggested I'd say live boot off a usb and try it from there just to see if it's still happening

if it's not then try a clean install of windows with nothing else then test again, repeat for every couple programs you install afterwards

So you say, try usb and if it doesnt work, fresh install and then install steam and a game, test it and then gradually add back softwares i use?