I need help, don't understand how its possible :/

R99
8 hours ago, _Syn_ said:

That's not true, and it's mostly dependent on the CPU rather than the board, though the board does get a play into this, generally Zen+ (Ryzen 2000) CPUs can do up to 3200Mhz or even 3466Mhz in some rare cases but it's not guaranteed to do 3200Mhz+, they're guaranteed for 2933Mhz, though all of them should be able to do 3000Mhz as well.

2766Mhz is not even valid stepping without adjusting the BCLK.

also quickly going back to the gen 3.0 thing, is it normal to not beable to select the Gen you want in the bios on a x470 asus board?

Build: Ryzen 7 3700x @ 4.0GHz, Asus GeForce RTX 2070 Dual EVO OC 8GB, Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB 16GBS DDR4 @ 2933MHz, ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming, Corsair TXM 850W Semi-Modular 80+ Gold PSU, Kingston A400 120GB M.2, WD 1TB Hard Drive - Blue.

1 minute ago, R99 said:

also quickly going back to the gen 3.0 thing, is it normal to not beable to select the Gen you want in the bios on a x470 asus board?

I'm not sure, I have never played around with an X470 board, though on my ASUS Z370 I can set the PCIe speed, regardless though it's already set to 3.0 there's no reason to adjust it.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

1 minute ago, _Syn_ said:

I'm not sure, I have never played around with an X470 board, though on my ASUS Z370 I can set the PCIe speed, regardless though it's already set to 3.0 there's no reason to adjust it.

Okay sounds good thank you :) going to be doing everyones suggestions soon, havent had the time recently but hopefully should today :D

Build: Ryzen 7 3700x @ 4.0GHz, Asus GeForce RTX 2070 Dual EVO OC 8GB, Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB 16GBS DDR4 @ 2933MHz, ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming, Corsair TXM 850W Semi-Modular 80+ Gold PSU, Kingston A400 120GB M.2, WD 1TB Hard Drive - Blue.

2 hours ago, _Syn_ said:

19 hours ago, The_Geek said:

Interesting.

What I dont understand is why are you messing with overclocking anything if the system is having any kind of issues?

Set everything to default in the Bios.

The X470 cannot do anything above 2766 MHz RAM without losing stability, so set everything to factory defaults.

Including the CPU.

Install the bare minimum software that you need to run the OS.

Install all drivers from the ASUS site for the MB, and the GPU drivers from the manufacturer site, If you have more than 1 HD, take it out, leave only the OS drive.

After loading the game, set it to minimum graphics settings ( Low)

Run the game.

Another thing I was thinking about is your Network Drivers.. Make sure the NIC drivers are up to date.

AMD is also finicky about the Slot numbers that you should use for the 2 sticks, see your manual and make sure the RAM is in the recommended slots.

Hi guys, was just wondering from low, med and high temps if these temps are good for a stock cooler (wraith prism cooler) playing destiny 2 at decently high graphics?

Screenshot (15).png

10 minutes ago, R99 said:

Hi guys, was just wondering from low, med and high temps if these temps are good for a stock cooler (wraith prism cooler) playing destiny 2 at decently high graphics?

Temps seem alright yeah, though you wouldn't know how good it's performing unless you hit it with an all core load.

I suggest using HWiNFO instead (Sensors-only) because HWmonitor is not as accurate or supported properly.

11 minutes ago, R99 said:

Is the game play running OK now?

7 minutes ago, The_Geek said:

some errors yeah but still decent amount of frame drop in the tower

10 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

Temps seem alright yeah, though you wouldn't know how good it's performing unless you hit it with an all core load.

I suggest using HWiNFO instead (Sensors-only) because HWmonitor is not as accurate or supported properly.

okay ill give that ago in a min thanks :)

1 hour ago, R99 said:

some errors yeah but still decent amount of frame drop in the tower

Are you playing online or on the PC?

If online, check your network connection.

Run DSL Reports speed test and see if there is a lot of jitter or other issues in your connection.

5 hours ago, The_Geek said:

Run DSL Reports speed test and see if there is a lot of jitter or other issues in your connection.

Idk where DSL or how to get it... :/

5 hours ago, The_Geek said:

Ive still not reinstalled windows but i did lower my speed to 2933 and it has gotten better but there is still drop on d2 which i know should happen, i made sure i built a pc that wouldnt have such problems :/

10 hours ago, _Syn_ said:

10 hours ago, The_Geek said:

Just reinstalled windows, didnt install anything else except steam, chrome and minecraft laucher, installed gpu drivers via website and installed geforce at the same time, installed my windows updates, tried 2133mhz and 2933mhz, high performance power plan is on and did pretty much everything you guys and everyone else suggested and still getting fps problems :/ I installed CS on my m.2 instead of my HDD and the issue still persists, after resintalling windows i downloaded minecraft and it was quite choppy and had a decent amount of fps drops I also keep getting kernel power errors in my event viewer and idk what to do about that because its listing errors that I didnt even witness myself happen :/... I'm fucked basically probably nothing I can do to fix this shit so rip my money ?

3 hours ago, R99 said:

Just reinstalled windows, didnt install anything else except steam, chrome and minecraft laucher, installed gpu drivers via website and installed geforce at the same time, installed my windows updates, tried 2133mhz and 2933mhz, high performance power plan is on and did pretty much everything you guys and everyone else suggested and still getting fps problems :/ I installed CS on my m.2 instead of my HDD and the issue still persists, after resintalling windows i downloaded minecraft and it was quite choppy and had a decent amount of fps drops I also keep getting kernel power errors in my event viewer and idk what to do about that because its listing errors that I didnt even witness myself happen :/... I'm fucked basically probably nothing I can do to fix this shit so rip my money ?

Dang that's frustrating as hell, though why are you getting kernel power errors if you haven't experienced any BSODs or shutdowns? can I see a screenshot of them? how frequent are they?

I honestly have zero clue what's going on with your system if I don't get to physically troubleshoot it in person, it's probably best to send it to a PC technician to take a look at it? (try to avoid amateurs)

6 hours ago, _Syn_ said:

Dang that's frustrating as hell, though why are you getting kernel power errors if you haven't experienced any BSODs or shutdowns? can I see a screenshot of them? how frequent are they?

I honestly have zero clue what's going on with your system if I don't get to physically troubleshoot it in person, it's probably best to send it to a PC technician to take a look at it? (try to avoid amateurs)

Like it says this stuff but I have yet to witness it happen :/ when I first built my pc with these new parts it did hit me with the sad face blue screen error but fixed itself but apart from that Im yet to witness any of these so called errors205946120_64724C0E-194B-4933-A924-68230D30852C.png.jpg.70d0001ec8adccafc7fde1dbdef7ee8d.jpg

Screenshot (1).png

6 hours ago, The_Geek said:

RMA CPU

sorry Im a rookie... what does rma cpu mean?

6 hours ago, The_Geek said:

RMA CPU

do you mean return it?

Just now, The_Geek said:

Send the CPU back and get a replacement if that is possible.

yeah it is, luckily I bought it from a third party seller on amazon

Just now, The_Geek said:

Send the CPU back and get a replacement if that is possible.

Do you suggest the same cpu model or?

42 minutes ago, R99 said:

Do you suggest the same cpu model or?

2700x is a good cpu, at a good price point, but you could try the 3000 series too

1 minute ago, The_Geek said:

2700x is a good cpu, at a good price point, but you could try the 3000 series too

The highest 3000 series is the 3700x... wouldn't that be too powerful for my gpu? or does bottleneck website lie?

That's all rubbish.. you have RTX2070 8GB GPU... you can plug in the space shuttle and it would still work. ?

2 completely different components...

23 minutes ago, The_Geek said:

That's all rubbish.. you have RTX2070 8GB GPU... you can plug in the space shuttle and it would still work. ?

I guess I could return my cpu, try a 3700x (extreme ik but dont have much of a choice) and make myself even poorer ? set it all up, reinstall windows and hope for the best

33 minutes ago, The_Geek said:

So if I were to get a 3700x how much speed is it able to run? like rn as you said my mobo or cpu can go up to 2933mhz so how much can a 3700x handle?