Discord

GeForce Experience

Spotify

Whatsapp

Epic Games Launcher

Cpu-Z

Gpu-Z

Hw Monitor

Unigine Heaven and as far as I can remember thats literally all I've installed...

Do you usually install all of these after a fresh install of Windows before testing CSGO? or have you ever tried testing CSGO without anything installed? hell it might even be some USB device that causes these stutters, try unplugging everything and use a different mouse/keyboard.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

8 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

For a CPU to have a defect and still work is EXTREMELY rare if it even is possible, I wouldn't recommend to spend money on something unrelated in hopes to make the situation better because it most likely won't.

I understand how frustrating it is to still be dealing with this when you have swapped out most of your hardware, the situation is probably simpler than you might think, it's just difficult to pinpoint, that's why I suggested Linux because for the most part it's a more reliable OS, I've had VERY strange issues with Windows that didn't happen at all in Linux, I'm not saying to switch over but I think it's a good way to test your hardware.

No I completely understand and thank you for the tip and help, my girlfriend said the same thing about me upgrading and I agree with both of you but I've just lost all hope for other forms of fixing :/

Build: Ryzen 7 3700x @ 4.0GHz, Asus GeForce RTX 2070 Dual EVO OC 8GB, Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB 16GBS DDR4 @ 2933MHz, ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming, Corsair TXM 850W Semi-Modular 80+ Gold PSU, Kingston A400 120GB M.2, WD 1TB Hard Drive - Blue.

5 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

Do you usually install all of these after a fresh install of Windows before testing CSGO? or have you ever tried testing CSGO without anything installed? hell it might even be some USB device that causes these stutters, try unplugging everything and use a different mouse/keyboard.

And another way to diagnose an issue like this, try installing LatencyMon from here https://www.resplendence.com/downloads (scroll down), and click the start button once you've opened it up and play CSGO until you've experienced some stuttering, then go back to the program and it should let you know if there's a process that took a long time to execute.

8 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

I always install them first before playing... I am reinstalling windows so I could give that a try before but I usually never have these apps open when gaming but I'll be sure to only install steam and try from there in hopes it'll help.

Build: Ryzen 7 3700x @ 4.0GHz, Asus GeForce RTX 2070 Dual EVO OC 8GB, Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB 16GBS DDR4 @ 2933MHz, ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming, Corsair TXM 850W Semi-Modular 80+ Gold PSU, Kingston A400 120GB M.2, WD 1TB Hard Drive - Blue.

1 minute ago, _Syn_ said:

And another way to diagnose an issue like this, try installing LatencyMon from here https://www.resplendence.com/downloads (scroll down), and click the start button once you've opened it up and play CSGO until you've experienced some stuttering, then go back to the program and it should let you know if there's a process that took a long time to execute.

Okay thank you so much, I'll be sure to do this before install and after install of windows :) I appreicate the help a lot thanks a lot :) 

Just now, R99 said:

Okay thank you so much, I'll be sure to do this before install and after install of windows :) I appreicate the help a lot thanks a lot :) 

You're welcome :D

Just now, _Syn_ said:

I'll be sure to keep you posted with everything :)

9 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

Hi so before reinstalling windows I decided to try the latencymon thing and it gave me this message instantly within seconds of loading cs and playing. "Your system seems to be having difficulty handling real-time audio and other tasks. You may experience drop outs, clicks or pops due to buffer underruns. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in control panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates." whatever any of this means and I've also got the most upto date BIOS

When I first start latencymon and press start it says "Your system appears to be suitable for handling real-time audio and other tasks without dropouts." but as soon as I loaded cs and then also played, it hit me with that huge message...

31 minutes ago, R99 said:

Hi so before reinstalling windows I decided to try the latencymon thing and it gave me this message instantly within seconds of loading cs and playing. "Your system seems to be having difficulty handling real-time audio and other tasks. You may experience drop outs, clicks or pops due to buffer underruns. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in control panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates." whatever any of this means and I've also got the most upto date BIOS

That might be associated with the game loading, try starting LatencyMon after you've already loaded into your game, you shouldn't see any issues in LatencyMon until the game stutters and then you can check it and see what it reports.

After you've recorded that stutter, go into LatencyMon>Drivers and sort by Highest Execution and send a screenshot.

25 minutes ago, R99 said:

These types of errors are often related to software issues, especially that you're having this after replacing hardware would indicate it's true.

Make sure to go there and install ALL the relevant drivers (chipset, audio, LAN, etc...) and the latest BIOS update.

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-X470-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

I all the drivers are up-to-date, check your device manager to see if you have hidden devices and delete those that are related to old hardware (like a previous GPU maybe ?)

Maybe also DDU and reinstall the GPU drivers?

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

3 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

That might be associated with the game loading, try starting LatencyMon after you've already loaded into your game, you shouldn't see any issues in LatencyMon until the game stutters and then you can check it and see what it reports.

After you've recorded that stutter, go into LatencyMon>Drivers and sort by Highest Execution and send a screenshot.

Okay so should I start CS or whatever game and then press start on LactencyMon?

Just now, R99 said:

Okay so should I start CS or whatever game and then press start on LactencyMon?

Yes, and if it reports that there's an issue when you alt-tab ignore that and wait til the game itself actually stutters, would be easier if you had a dual screen but it's not necessary.

2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

These types of errors are often related to software issues, especially that you're having this after replacing hardware would indicate it's true.

Make sure to go there and install ALL the relevant drivers (chipset, audio, LAN, etc...) and the latest BIOS update.

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-X470-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

I all the drivers are up-to-date, check your device manager to see if you have hidden devices and delete those that are related to old hardware (like a previous GPU maybe ?)

Oh sorry hi, although I hardware changed I also got a new mobo so it was all fresh install, once im back home Illl give ur suggestiond a try. My bios is upto date, i installed chipset driver from AMD instead of asus and it made the issue worse I beliebe and i havent done audio lr lan ect

Just now, _Syn_ said:

Yes, and if it reports that there's an issue when you alt-tab ignore that and wait til the game itself actually stutters, would be easier if you had a dual screen but it's not necessary.

I used to when I had two DVI ports but my 2070 only has one dvi and i dont have dp or hdmi cables atm... once im home ill do all that you said also :) and ss the higher driver thingy in latencymon :)

4 hours ago, _Syn_ said:

Okay so super weird thing, I did what you said... loaded cs first then pressed start, was okay for about 30 seconds before it stuttered ect and gave me the same message as before which was the huge "Your system seems to be having difficulty handling real-time audio and other tasks. You may experience drop outs, clicks or pops due to buffer underruns. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in control panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates." message... but after that I went and tested it on Fortnite and strangely didn't get that message even tho I suffer from similar stutters on that game... I'm so confused as to whats going on and Idek if it's fixable at this point... I'll link 2 screenshots below so you can see them.

1514264819_Screenshot(7).thumb.png.4258f71cd29c18be26081ac5be85381a.png1825807738_Screenshot(8).thumb.png.2cd62d29dfc5cd13f49538136e161f73.png

This is from the same test, the CSGO test.

4 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

Hi there! on the link you sent me am I supposed to download the 49.87 MBytes chipset first or the 464.51 MBytes first?

3 minutes ago, R99 said:

Hi there! on the link you sent me am I supposed to download the 49.87 MBytes chipset first or the 464.51 MBytes first?

Get the 464.51 MB, the 49.87 MB one seems to be an update and not the full driver set.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Get the 464.51 MB, the 49.87 MB one seems to be an update and not the full driver set.

Okay thank you very much :)

10 hours ago, R99 said:

but after that I went and tested it on Fortnite and strangely didn't get that message even tho I suffer from similar stutters on that game... I'm so confused as to whats going on and Idek if it's fixable at this point... I'll link 2 screenshots below so you can see them.

Hmm seems like it's unable to detect the stutter :/ I don't think the NVIDIA Kernel is relevant considering how severe the stuttering is, I'm at a loss with this..

2 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

Hmm seems like it's unable to detect the stutter :/ I don't think the NVIDIA Kernel is relevant considering how severe the stuttering is, I'm at a loss with this..

Have you ever tried playing with DOCP disabled? and what was your previous RAM stick clocked at? it's possible your Ryzen chip can't handle 3200mhz.

5 hours ago, _Syn_ said:

Have you ever tried playing with DOCP disabled? and what was your previous RAM stick clocked at? it's possible your Ryzen chip can't handle 3200mhz.

The only time I ever played with DOCP disabled was when I first built my new PC but I had different parts back then, with these new parts I have not tried to play without it on this new PC with the new parts. I could try lowering my ram speed to 3000mhz if you'd recommend that?

43 minutes ago, R99 said:

The only time I ever played with DOCP disabled was when I first built my new PC but I had different parts back then, with these new parts I have not tried to play without it on this new PC with the new parts. I could try lowering my ram speed to 3000mhz if you'd recommend that?

That should work as well but try turning it off completely if it doesn't :)

In my efforts to find the error in my new system, I solved mine by investigating windows event log. 

Do you have any critical errors in there?

3 hours ago, DaJeWiAnId said:

In my efforts to find the error in my new system, I solved mine by investigating windows event log. 

Do you have any critical errors in there?

Where do I find the windows event log?