I need help, don't understand how its possible :/

R99

Hi, I've came to this forum page before with a similar issue and I'm in real need of some help because I have not been able to play or use my computer for 3 months due to that fact that I have to keep buying and returning parts due to the fact that I am getting such poor performance on old games like CS and new games like Fortnite and Borderlands 3... 

SPECS:

GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2070 Dual EVO OC 8192MB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card

CPU: Ryzen 2700x Eight Core

RAM: Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB DDR4 3200mHz (Yes D.O.C.P is turned on)

MOBO: Asus Rog Strix X470-F Gaming

PSU: Corsair TXM Gold 850W

M.2: Kingston A400 120GB

HDD: Western Digital 1TB 7200RPM

As you can see in the video below that I am getting some pretty bad stutters on a 10 year old game which my brand new PC shouldn't be getting...it's quite frustrating because I have tried genuinely everything from older gpu drivers to the news, chipset drivers, fresh windows install, new parts, different things in the bios, can't turn on Gen 3 for PCIEX16_1 because for whatever reason its not in my bios settings on this new motherboard but my other one that I returned (B450-F) did have the setting and have tried much more... if you name most the common things to do then I've more than likely tried it and nothing seems to work... it's shit because not even my 5 year old PC with some pretty bad performance issues; struggled this bad...

If you have any new ideas or just ideas that you genuinely think could possibly help then I'd be very greatful... thanks in advance :)

Edit:

I thought I'd put this message from the LatencyMon software "Your system seems to be having difficulty handling real-time audio and other tasks. You may experience drop outs, clicks or pops due to buffer underruns. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in control panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates." which I got when loading CS and then got the same message when playing cs. I have no idea what this means or how to fix it but I'm putting it here just incase anyone new doesn't want to skip to the second page :) when I first press start on LatencyMon it says this message "Your system appears to be suitable for handling real-time audio and other tasks without dropouts." but as soon as CS loaded it hit me with that big message...

Edited by R99
Update

Build: Ryzen 7 3700x @ 4.0GHz, Asus GeForce RTX 2070 Dual EVO OC 8GB, Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB 16GBS DDR4 @ 2933MHz, ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming, Corsair TXM 850W Semi-Modular 80+ Gold PSU, Kingston A400 120GB M.2, WD 1TB Hard Drive - Blue.

5 minutes ago, R99 said:

Hi, I've came to this forum page before with a similar issue and I'm in real need of some help because I have not been able to play or use my computer for 3 months due to that fact that I have to keep buying and returning parts due to the fact that I am getting such poor performance on old games like CS and new games like Fortnite and Borderlands 3... 

Do you have any peripheral related software installed on your system? or even some of ASUS's software.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Just now, _Syn_ said:

Do you have any peripheral related software installed on your system? or even some of ASUS's software.

I have iCUE, Logitech G HUB and ASUS Grid (Beta) software

Build: Ryzen 7 3700x @ 4.0GHz, Asus GeForce RTX 2070 Dual EVO OC 8GB, Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB 16GBS DDR4 @ 2933MHz, ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming, Corsair TXM 850W Semi-Modular 80+ Gold PSU, Kingston A400 120GB M.2, WD 1TB Hard Drive - Blue.

1 minute ago, R99 said:

I have iCUE, Logitech G HUB and ASUS Grid (Beta) software

Try uninstalling all of them, they usually cause a lot of trouble.

Just now, _Syn_ said:

Try uninstalling all of them, they usually cause a lot of trouble.

Okay, I'll give it a go. Thanks for the tip :)

Try

1)  Clearing the Cmos  ( See MB owner manual )

2) you can try doing a Clean Windows install . with just the updates, Antivirus , and games.

Hope this help

2 minutes ago, R99 said:

Okay, I'll give it a go. Thanks for the tip :)

Report back if it works :)

Do you have anti virus. If it scan at the same time as you are gaming , it's possible that is the cause.

3 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

Report back if it works :)

Hi bud, uninstalled all 3 programs and still same issue sadly :/

4 minutes ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

Make sure your power plan is set to High performance.

Yeah it is already on that and I've also changed all my Nvidia settings for better performance...

2 minutes ago, Zmax said:

Do you have anti virus. If it scan at the same time as you are gaming , it's possible that is the cause.

I have the windows anti virus and I'm pretty sure it wasnt scanning or anything so idk what to do...

How many monitors do you have? Do you play in Fullscreen or Window-Borderless or normal window? Do you use Gsync? What is the refresh rate of your monitors?

Just now, RyderXF said:

How many monitors do you have? Do you play in Fullscreen or Window-Borderless or normal window? Do you use Gsync? What is the refresh rate of your monitors?

144, I don't have GSync, I play always fullscreen and I only have one monitor, used to have 2 on old setup but now only one.

Just now, R99 said:

Hi bud, uninstalled all 3 programs and still same issue sadly :/

Hmm that's strange, I believe this is most likely software related since you've done all you could to replace your hardware, so try looking through what you have installed or try closing everything up before testing, you could also install Linux and test CSGO in there, even if you're not familiar with it, it should be pretty simple to get going to make sure it's not your hardware that's causing these stutters, to make it easier for you Manjaro has Steam already installed.

2 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

Hmm that's strange, I believe this is most likely software related since you've done all you could to replace your hardware, so try looking through what you have installed or try closing everything up before testing, you could also install Linux and test CSGO in there, even if you're not familiar with it, it should be pretty simple to get going to make sure it's not your hardware that's causing these stutters, to make it easier for you Manjaro has Steam already installed.

I think it would be enough to boot Linux from a USB and have the Steam Library load from a hard drive so you don't mess up any of your Windows installations.

1 minute ago, R99 said:

144, I don't have GSync, I play always fullscreen and I only have one monitor, used to have 2 on old setup but now only one.

Since you are not using GSync, does that mean your monitor is not a gsync monitor? Because with a high end nvidia card and 144hz monitor that is gsync compatible you should try activating it. Otherwise try stuff like putting it into borderless window instead of fullscreen. I have 144hz gsync with gsync enabled and I also sometimes experience lag in some games that only goes away if I use borderless window OR fullscreen, its different per game, I don't know why...also try disabling vsync entirely.

This is just a shot in the dark because of something I personally experience sometimes, sorry if it doesn't help ^^'

3 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

I think it would be enough to boot Linux from a USB and have the Steam Library load from a hard drive so you don't mess up any of your Windows installations.

Okay, I've never used linux before or done such things but I might give this a try, just going to install windows 10 again... and hope that'll maybe fix something idk

2 minutes ago, RyderXF said:

Since you are not using GSync, does that mean your monitor is not a gsync monitor? Because with a high end nvidia card and 144hz monitor that is gsync compatible you should try activating it. Otherwise try stuff like putting it into borderless window instead of fullscreen. I have 144hz gsync with gsync enabled and I also sometimes experience lag in some games that only goes away if I use borderless window OR fullscreen, its different per game, I don't know why...also try disabling vsync entirely.

This is just a shot in the dark because of something I personally experience sometimes, sorry if it doesn't help ^^'

Yeah my monitor doesn't support GSynce, I'll give borderless windows a shot but even if it did help idk if that'll be good for me as borderless and windowed mode causes input lag... and no don't say sorry, I appreicate any help or tips anyone has for me so thank you :)

4 minutes ago, R99 said:

Okay, I've never used linux before or done such things but I might give this a try, just going to install windows 10 again... and hope that'll maybe fix something idk

You were on Windows 10 originally?

Just now, _Syn_ said:

Yeah since the beggining of this new build, got my activation code from CDKeys if that even helps... probably not ahah

1 minute ago, _Syn_ said:

Do you think personally that it would be worth it for me to upgrade the CPU to a 3700 or 3700x? because the only part I have re-bought that  is the same is my CPU so my motherboard orginally was a ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING and now I have ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING, my GPU originally was a Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1070 8GB and now its a Asus GeForce RTX 2070 Dual EVO OC 8192MB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card, my RAM was orginally Corsair Vengeance LPX and now its Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB same mHz for both types and same amount so 2x 8GB... so only thing that has stayed the same is my CPU so that gives me reason to believe that it could be my CPU...

1 minute ago, R99 said:

Do you think personally that it would be worth it for me to upgrade the CPU to a 3700 or 3700x? because the only part I have re-bought that  is the same is my CPU so my motherboard orginally was a ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING and now I have ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING, my GPU originally was a Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1070 8GB and now its a Asus GeForce RTX 2070 Dual EVO OC 8192MB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card, my RAM was orginally Corsair Vengeance LPX and now its Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB same mHz for both types and same amount so 2x 8GB... so only thing that has stayed the same is my CPU so that gives me reason to believe that it could be my CPU...

I can't imagine it's an issue because it's a pretty powerful cpu. It's more likely to be software related 

Just now, coolcommando54 said:

I can't imagine it's an issue because it's a pretty powerful cpu. It's more likely to be software related 

Yeah thats what Syn also said but I'm just so confused because theres nothing on here besides games and windows software. I'll list all the things I have personally installed.

Steam

Google Chrome

Discord

GeForce Experience

Spotify

Whatsapp

Epic Games Launcher

Cpu-Z

Gpu-Z

Hw Monitor

Unigine Heaven and as far as I can remember thats literally all I've installed...

I haven't downloaded any NetFrame stuff I believe, if that even causes any problems

Just now, R99 said:

For a CPU to have a defect and still work is EXTREMELY rare if it even is possible, I wouldn't recommend to spend money on something unrelated in hopes to make the situation better because it most likely won't.

I understand how frustrating it is to still be dealing with this when you have swapped out most of your hardware, the situation is probably simpler than you might think, it's just difficult to pinpoint, that's why I suggested Linux because for the most part it's a more reliable OS, I've had VERY strange issues with Windows that didn't happen at all in Linux, I'm not saying to switch over but I think it's a good way to test your hardware.