CH341A Alternative with 32 pins.

Go to solution Solved by WereCatf,
2 minutes ago, GuyThatIsProbablyDrunk said:

The chip is a PLCC32, also, its luckily for me, socketed. Could you link me that programmer?

This one's on eBay, but anyways, just search for "LPC FWH programmer":

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NANO-BIOS-Programmer-FWH-LPC-TSOP40-or-32-BIOS-repairing-/270743167751

Pretty sure it's still just a CH341A, but with the correct socket.

Hey,

So i want to fix an old motherboard i have with a corrupted bios. The bios chip has 32 pins on it but i havent been able to find a cheap programmer to fix it. The motherboard isnt worth 50 usd so i wouldnt want to spend a lot on it. Is there anything out there that can help me.

Thanks

4 minutes ago, GuyThatIsProbablyDrunk said:

The bios chip has 32 pins on it

Are you sure you're looking at the correct chip? I'm not aware of a single PC-mobo that uses high pin-count NAND for BIOS.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

why not just buy a new chip and flash ur bios to it ?

What would that help when the problem is the form factor of the chip, ie. the 32-pin package?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

The board is a Asus  P5VD2-VM/S 

Pretty crap board but around me socket 775 crap isnt too common Its mostly socket 478.

25 minutes ago, GuyThatIsProbablyDrunk said:

The bios chip has 32 pins on it but i havent been able to find a cheap programmer to fix it.

Is the chip a VSOP32-package or PLCC32? If it's the latter, there are programmers on Aliexpress that should work for about 20€/pop. You'd still need to desolder the chip first, though, and then resolder it.

2 minutes ago, GuyThatIsProbablyDrunk said:

The chip is a PLCC32, also, its luckily for me, socketed. Could you link me that programmer?

This one's on eBay, but anyways, just search for "LPC FWH programmer":

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NANO-BIOS-Programmer-FWH-LPC-TSOP40-or-32-BIOS-repairing-/270743167751

Pretty sure it's still just a CH341A, but with the correct socket.

A PLCC socket is 1$ : https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/assmann-wsw-components/A-CCS-032-Z-SM/AE11105-ND/5023769

You can solder wires to each pin and rearrange the pins into 2 x 16 or whatever shape you want, use 2 x 16 0.1" pin headers you can then insert into any programmer that allows specifying the pin order and can work with 3v..3.3v