My pc randomly restarted.Should i be worried?

probablydumb

So 2 months ago i was playing GTA V when my screen went black for 2 seconds and then BOOM i found out it restarted itself.Now at that point i got a bit worried cause my RMA sent my pc back cause i had some issues.I did some ram tests and some other things.And everything was alright, or so i thought.Literally 1 day ago i was playing table top simulator with one of my friends and then BOOM again, black screen and then instantly the windows restarted.I am starting to get kinda worried now since it happend 2 times already.My CPU temps are pretty ok.I did a Time Spy stress test and i passed.Also did a fire strike stress test and i passed with 97,5.I just wanna know if it could be a hardware problem or a software problem. What is weird is the same day it happend i overclocked my gpu a little bit more than it already was.For the past 2 months i had it overclocked to 1821 mhz and this particular day i decided to overclock it to 1837mhz, and the problem happend.Also got a kernel power id 41 error in event viewer. 

My pc specs: motherboard:ASUS TUF B450M PLUS GAMING

CPU:Amd Ryzen 5 2600x

GPU:Asus Turbo RTX 2060

PSU:NJOY 600W

RAM:Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 8x2

What do you guys think the issue could be?

image.png

💠Case: SilentiumPC Signum SG7V EVO TG ARGB
💠Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
💠Graphics Card: ASUS TUF RTX 4070 OC
💠RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO @ 3600 CL18
💠CPU Cooler:NZXT KRAKEN Z73
💠Power Supply: Corsair CX750 (750W)
💠HDD: 1 TB WD Blue
💠SSD 1: 240GB Kingston A400
💠SSD 2: 960GB Kingston A400
💠Motherboard: ASUS TUF B450M PLUS GAMING

8 minutes ago, probablydumb said:

overclocked

Stop that

See if the problem goes away.

Reset all things to default.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Stop that

See if the problem goes away.

Reset all things to default.

Is there a program to run see if it happens again or do i have to just play games for several hours to see if it persists?

From what you´re stating here it sounds like a power delivery failure, especially if your temps are within safe parameters. 600w seems to be enough but make sure all your parts are getting any power it may need. Sometimes loose cables may seem like they´re plugged in but they´re not actually making a connection. From what I remember Kernel Power 41 errors can be caused by sudden power failure, but it´s not limited to that. I´d say check your connections and power supply and make sure everything is in order there.

47 minutes ago, ConduitCreator said:

600w seems to be enough but make sure all your parts are getting any power it may need.

Lets not ignore the fact that the PSU can only output 468W on the 12V rail according to the label, doubt that it can even do that.

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

1 hour ago, Ralf said:

Lets not ignore the fact that the PSU can only output 468W on the 12V rail according to the label, doubt that it can even do that.

So do you think it's because my psu can't output the power needed?

Event ID 41 is just telling you what you already knew, the system restarted without shutting down first.

You can try and run a full system load to see if it happens again. If it is an issue with power delivery a full system stress test should aggravate it.

Try pushing overclocks to see if it happens again.

It doesn't sound like you are tripping over-current protection, you are probably demanding more from the PSU than it can muster and it is crapping out on you.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2020 at 12:37 AM, DragonTamer1 said:

Event ID 41 is just telling you what you already knew, the system restarted without shutting down first.

You can try and run a full system load to see if it happens again. If it is an issue with power delivery a full system stress test should aggravate it.

Try pushing overclocks to see if it happens again.

It doesn't sound like you are tripping over-current protection, you are probably demanding more from the PSU than it can muster and it is crapping out on you.

Alright so 20 days later after it happend i reset my gpu to default settings.And nothing happend it's been working fine.But i'm kinda a sucker for OC, turning the oc off is like getting stabbed for me.So what i figured out is when my gpu was oc to 1824mhz the power limit was 110% no voltage increase.Now im gonna set it to 1807 mhz with just 100% power limit (which is default).Could that possibly been the cause? That the power limit was a bit high and the psu couldn't gave out more than it handled?Because what's weird for me is that when it happend for the first time about 3 months ago i had it oc to just 1730mhz (1680mhz default)But the power limit was set to 110% not 100% (because i pressed the OC button on Asus Tweak II) And 3 days after it happend the first time i OC higher to 1800mhz and i kept it like that for 2 months until it happend one more time.So i do suspect the power limit, i also have done not one but probably SIX Fire Strike test.Passed literally every time with no problem.

On 2/6/2020 at 7:29 AM, probablydumb said:

Garbage.

9 hours ago, probablydumb said:

Alright so 20 days later after it happend i reset my gpu to default settings.And nothing happend it's been working fine.But i'm kinda a sucker for OC, turning the oc off is like getting stabbed for me.So what i figured out is when my gpu was oc to 1824mhz the power limit was 110% no voltage increase.Now im gonna set it to 1807 mhz with just 100% power limit (which is default).Could that possibly been the cause? That the power limit was a bit high and the psu couldn't gave out more than it handled?Because what's weird for me is that when it happend for the first time about 3 months ago i had it oc to just 1730mhz (1680mhz default)But the power limit was set to 110% not 100% (because i pressed the OC button on Asus Tweak II) And 3 days after it happend the first time i OC higher to 1800mhz and i kept it like that for 2 months until it happend one more time.So i do suspect the power limit, i also have done not one but probably SIX Fire Strike test.Passed literally every time with no problem.

I don't have experience with Asus Tweak, but based on my experience with other Asus products there is probably a better option.

I would try a furmark run to blast the GPU. Furmark is basically a power virus and if it passes, I would bet that it's stable. Keep an eye on temps as well, it's possible that a part of your card could be overheating. Nvidia doesn't let you see the VRAM thermals for some reason but I think you can keep track of your VRM thermals. If the issue isn't power related my next guess would be thermals besides the core since the GPU core will start aggressively downclocking when it's hot, other parts will just shut themselves off.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

On 2/6/2020 at 10:29 AM, probablydumb said:

9 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Garbage.

Yep. Id wager an overclocked 2600x + 2060 is pulling something around 400-450w. I 100% doubt that that PSU is really good for the "587w" it claims per my googling. Replace the PSU ad I would bet it fixes the issue.

Brief research states its made by SAMA, who I have never heard of. But what tells it all as to the quality is the warrenty of the PSU, 1 year. That is one third corsair's absolute cheapest PSU's, which are "only suitable for office use". I think/hope that says all you need to know.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

3 hours ago, SenKa said:

Yep. Id wager an overclocked 2600x + 2060 is pulling something around 400-450w. I 100% doubt that that PSU is really good for the "587w" it claims per my googling. Replace the PSU ad I would bet it fixes the issue.

Brief research states its made by SAMA, who I have never heard of. But what tells it all as to the quality is the warrenty of the PSU, 1 year. That is one third corsair's absolute cheapest PSU's, which are "only suitable for office use". I think/hope that says all you need to know.

Why anybody would buy a power supply of all things with a one year warranty is beyond me. If its only a year, then that should tell the customer that its life expectancy before it starts bugging out is exactly that, especially if its getting stressed out playing video games. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

21 hours ago, BlackManINC said:

Why anybody would buy a power supply of all things with a one year warranty is beyond me. If its only a year, then that should tell the customer that its life expectancy before it starts bugging out is exactly that, especially if its getting stressed out playing video games. 

To be fair, a lot of companies that don't offer great warranties dont exactly plaster them on the front of the box. While yes, that should be a dead giveaway in itself, it's less thought provoking than "ONE YEAR WARRENTY!!!" on a yellow and red sticker slapped on every flat surface of the box.

It seems these PSU's are most popular in india and parts of asia, where options are slim for the budget and even mid-grade markets due to pricing.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

On 2/27/2020 at 3:33 AM, DragonTamer1 said:

I don't have experience with Asus Tweak, but based on my experience with other Asus products there is probably a better option.

I would try a furmark run to blast the GPU. Furmark is basically a power virus and if it passes, I would bet that it's stable. Keep an eye on temps as well, it's possible that a part of your card could be overheating. Nvidia doesn't let you see the VRAM thermals for some reason but I think you can keep track of your VRM thermals. If the issue isn't power related my next guess would be thermals besides the core since the GPU core will start aggressively downclocking when it's hot, other parts will just shut themselves off.

I have done in total 6 Fire Strike Stress tests on 3dmark and they all passed.The Fire Strike Stress test, tests all the hardware so would furmark make the biggest difference of results? The highest 3dmark has ever taken my gpu was 81c but that's it.Im just not happy with using Furmark since i have heard a lot of stories that it breaks their gpu.So i would rather not run FurMark

I am going to agree with the general consensus here and say it is a power delivery issue. The njoy 600 isn't a good PSU and even if you are able to tweak settings enough to keep it from restarting it is probably still being pushed very close to the limit.

I would replace that psu with a quality one. Power delivery isn't something you want to cheap on or you might end up with something a lot worse than a random restart.

19 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

I am going to agree with the general consensus here and say it is a power delivery issue. The njoy 600 isn't a good PSU and even if you are able to tweak settings enough to keep it from restarting it is probably still being pushed very close to the limit.

I would replace that psu with a quality one. Power delivery isn't something you want to cheap on or you might end up with something a lot worse than a random restart.

Can you recommend me a good psu under 100$?

3 minutes ago, probablydumb said:

Can you recommend me a good psu under 100$?

Something like a Corsair Cx650m  on the bronze side, but if you want something in the gold range then the superNovas or the RM650x which are both slightly out of your budget.

6 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Something like a Corsair Cx650m  on the bronze side, but if you want something in the gold range then the superNovas or the RM650x which are both slightly out of your budget.

Because my psu rn is non modular if i buy the cx750m which is modular will it make some issues with my cables or cause of the case?

12 minutes ago, probablydumb said:

Because my psu rn is non modular if i buy the cx750m which is modular will it make some issues with my cables or cause of the case?

So being modular just means you don't have all the wires always connected to the PSU. It means you can use just the cables you need which reduces clutter and makes wire management much easier. There won't be any real issue here.