Is buying an xbox 1 worth it still

ChazTheMan43

I have a PS4, but I have enough money to buy the 2K20 xbox 1 s bundle. I’ve been looking into this because the large majority of my friends are all on xbox, and the ones on ps4 most have an xbox as well. I enjoy mainly playing with friends rather than single player. This prompted me to look into an xbox 1 because I feel no ones ever on ps4. I know there are new systems for both coming out in the winter. I just need help to see if it is still worth the $220 to purchase it or if it will be a waste and just leave me behind on buying a ps5 or xbox series x, or seems worth it.

the xbox one s is pretty cheap and can play a lot of games, given that you can justify playing older games then go for it, if you would like to play newer games made for the xbox coming later this year, then you may need to reconsider abit 

14 minutes ago, ChazTheMan43 said:

I feel no ones ever on ps4

Ps4 sold almost double more consoles than xbox 1, but whos counting ?

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

I don't own either consoles, even though I'm more of a sony fan, I do admit that Xbox feels more alive (with more people playing) than PS, either way I would rather save the money for the next gen console

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rise red as the dawn" - Scarlet Guard motto (Red Queen Series)

$220 is a bit steep for Xbone, and at this point I'd consider a used system anyway. Unless you want to stream 4K video, there's also space and looks aside no real reasons to go with the S over the OG (talking about used here, don't buy a new OG). Other than the price, sure! Go for it. The GUI may drive you nuts coming from PS4, but being able to play with your friends is priceless, well worth it.

How familiar are you with everything the Xbox has to offer? Live Gold and Game Pass? It has HDMI pass-through, so you can also run your PS4 through the Xbox and have access to Xbox's party (social) features, handy for any cross-platform games you might prefer playing with your PS4.

Remember to leave the sticker on. #teamsticker 

Personally, i would save your money and look into a PC.   I am a PS4 console player moving to PC this year.  The crop of games even exclusives are all moving to PC as well (even Sony's exclusives are going to start coming out on PC from my understanding).  With the PC console i will be able to play Xbox and Sony exclusives without the cost of 2 consoles and thier associated fees for playing online.

This is the part that I do not know with PC/XBOX -> MS has repeatedly made a big deal about cross-play.  So doesn't most games now allow PC and Xbox players to game together?  Or is that only specific games?   I know on the PS4 that it is specific games that allow PC + PS4 players to game together.

However, your initial question was about the XBox One S.  I would wait for the newest console from MS.  Your buddies will most likely jump straight to that system and then you will be left on the One S with no one again.  If PC/Xbox players can game together then the PC is a better option (you can stop buying 2 consoles).

5 hours ago, PyroTheWise said:

Your buddies will most likely jump straight to that system and then you will be left on the One S with no one again.

Microsoft is pretty good with this thing called backwards compatibility, so that won't be an issue at least in the next few years.

22 hours ago, tatte said:

Microsoft is pretty good with this thing called backwards compatibility, so that won't be an issue at least in the next few years.

To reinforce that, Microsoft has specifically stated that they're planning on all Xbox games for the next few years, at least, to support both the new Xbox and the Xbox One.

They are essentially handling the Xbox One as entry level to the Xbox ecosystem, and looking to grow the ecosystem rather than moving everyone to the Series X. 

On 1/31/2020 at 1:04 PM, Harry Voyager said:

To reinforce that, Microsoft has specifically stated that they're planning on all Xbox games for the next few years, at least, to support both the new Xbox and the Xbox One.

They are essentially handling the Xbox One as entry level to the Xbox ecosystem, and looking to grow the ecosystem rather than moving everyone to the Series X. 

MS is not 100% BC with all games that I am aware of (not a XBOX gamer so I don't keep up with these details).   Plus he would be on a slower console playing a game that is downgraded to work unless the xCloud provides the game streamed.

There is already issues with load times, frame rates, etc... on the difference between the PS4 and PS4 pro.   I have a PS4 pro and my friends have a PS4.  There is a real difference between stability & frame rates in different games.

I can't imagine how much of a difference between the XBox S and XBOX 1X is now, not to mention how bad it will be between the XBox series X versus the Xbox S (or 1X).   So my advice is to wait for the Series X.  This way the OP will be on par with their friends and have a better gaming experience.  It is up to the OP to decide. 

15 hours ago, PyroTheWise said:

MS is not 100% BC with all games that I am aware of (not a XBOX gamer so I don't keep up with these details).

Gaps on OG and 360 title availability is for the most part a licensing issue. That shouldn't be a problem with the new iteration of the current platform. They're not reinventing the wheel anymore, just upgrading it.

Cough. They also haven't really been that worried about a game running properly, regardless of if that's a good or a bad thing. ? "We can let them play it? Then let them play it. Who cares." #theAtariwayorhighway